NFL Week 10 [R]

Discussion in 'Football' started by Ian McCracken, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Okay, who wants a can of Steelers Whoop Ass? Who's next? The Bengals? Bring it on. The Steelers O-Line is smoking people off the line of scrimmage.

In related news, the Lions still blow.

2. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    What was up with the pregame brawl?

Other questions today:

How the hell are the Bears 4-5, one game off the lead in the NFC North; figuring Minny ain't coming back to top Green Bay? When does Lovie Smith enter the coach of the year race? Or do their last three opponents just blow more than they do?

Are the Colts back and ready to steamroll their way to the AFC South title?

Can the Pats shut out the Bills? Unlikely, but I see another win to keep pace with Pitt., 17-6.

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Top Question so far: Why the hell is Brunell still starting? Bloody incompetant... And why can't we just become a running team? If we are gonna have an idiot throwing the ball it would be nice if he just handed the ball off more instead of throwing incompletes and picks.

4. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bears win in overtime - with a SAFETY! Lovie Smith (a defensive co-ordinator by training) has gotta be loving that!

5. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

I think so. In the past two weeks, the Colts offense looked good as usual, but it was the Defense that has really stepped up their game.

6. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I read in one postgame report, Joey Porter punched William Green in the mouth before the game, then the Steelers punched the Browns in the mouth for 60 minutes.

Between Warren running his mouth (1 tackle, that's all you got 1 tackle, 1 damn tackle!) and Green spitting at Porter (alledgely), I'd say the Browns got exactly what they deserved.

7. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The D is playing out of its mind. THe last three wins are home to SF, at NYG, at TN.

The acid test is this week at home to Indy.

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    The Jacksonville Jaguars are so good, it really doesn't matter who's quarterback, because they'll win anyway.

The Steelers are gonna get ran come December the 5th

9. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dolphins didn't lose this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, that's because we didn't play.

10. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What's up with all the empty seats in Jacksonville. Yesterday there were scores of people who showed up dressed as empty chairs, unusual for a 6-3 team. The Steelers are going to have home field in Alltell on December 5th, expect the STEELER NATION to swarm into Jacksonville and number about 30,000.

11. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

They still have trouble selling the stadium out. No doubt you'll have 30 g's there.

12. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Jacksonville is also the league's smallest market. I'm not sure if the Metro Statisitcal (Metro) area even has a million people. I'll look that up when I get a minute. Not that I'm making excuses for them or anything.

13. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would think GB is the league's smallest market, unless you are factoring the whole state of Wisconsin into their support base, which is pretty much how it is.

And you're close on Jacksonville, 1.1 million MSA.

14. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    14-second scramble.
    60-yard completion.
    "It felt like a video game out there." -D McNabb

Holla.