NFL Coverage Maps

Discussion in 'Football' started by SueB, Sep 12, 2007.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I've found this guy's page to be *very* useful when trying to find out which NFL games are going to be shown on CBS and Fox in any given area each weekend. He typically has it updated by the middle of each week:

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate blackout zones. I would much rather watch the Indy/Tenn game when the Giants start getting the shit kicked out of them then re-runs of Mash or whatever.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yes, indeed, I do recall that being a drawback about living in the "NY Metropolitan Area" - you could only ever see the Jets and the Giants on Sunday afternoons. And that was even before the days of Sunday night games. Now that I live in a "gray" coverage area, I'm enjoying the benefits, especially since I get a couple of distant FOX feeds as well.

Course I could see any NFL game I wanted to if I got DirecTV and their NFL package. But Dish still has better soccer (for my household), and soccer still matters more.

4. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait! what soccer does dish have that directv doesn't?

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    RAI International. I know we could watch Serie A on other channels, but the Italian-language channel is a must-have for my husband, who grew up in Italy. Something about the Miss Italia contest ...