NFL 2008: Week 3

Discussion in 'Football' started by Boundzy, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Boundzy

Boundzy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 1, 2003
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went 11-4 (.733) in Week 2. I missed on NE, WAS, CAR, and OAK. Here are my thoughts and predictions for Week 3:

Sunday, September 21:

Chiefs (0-2) @ Falcons (1-1)
    What a dog of a game this appears to be. I'll take the Falcons because they are at home. Can't think of another reason to pick either team to win.
    KC 13, ATL 16

Raiders (1-1) @ Bills (2-0)
    The Raiders were able to overcome the Chiefs, which is more testament to how bad the Chiefs are, than it is a sign of significant improvement in Oakland. The Raiders will get yards on the ground, but it won't be enough.
    OAK 17, BUF 27

Buccaneers (1-1) @ Bears (1-1)
    Not sure what is going on in Tampa with the QB situation. Whatever the problem is, rarely will "Brian Griese" be the correct solution. At home, I think the Bears will stop the Bucs running game and make Griese throw the ball.
    TB 17, CHI 20

Panthers (2-0) @ Vikings (0-2)
    The Vikings crash to their third straight victory, although AP will continue to delight fantasy football owners. Unless the Vikes can muster some consistent and good play from QB, it will be a long season.
    CAR 27, MIN 13

Dolphins (0-2) @ Patriots (2-0)
    Obviously, the Patriots will have an awful year without Brady and the Tuna will bring joy and victories to Miami. Or maybe something very much like the opposite of that.
    MIA 12, NE 24

Bengals (0-2) @ Giants (2-0)
    I didn't expect a Super Bowl season from the 'Gals, but LAST in the league in passing yards and an astounding 8.5 ppg? I suppose they will snap out of it at some point, but I don't see them doing it against the Giants.
    CIN 9, NYG 27

Texans (0-1) @ Titans (2-0)
    The Titans will use a solid defense and running attack to control the game against the Texans, who may be at an additional disadvantage due to not playing last week.
    HOU 10, TEN 20

Cardinals (2-0) @ Redskins (1-1)
    Has Warner found the Fountain of Youth? IDK, but he sure has some good receivers. Of course, SF and MIA are not the stoutest of competitors. The 'Skins looked good against the Saints. I think the Redskins have faced stiffer competition, which will help them pull out a close one.
    ARI 24, WAS 27

Saints (1-1) @ Broncos (2-0)
    There is absolutely no logical reason to pick the Saints. The Broncos average 320 passing yards per game, and the Redskins showed that the Saints are vulnerable to the pass (rank = 28th). Furthermore, the game is in Denver. But, hey . . . I'm a homer. I make no apologies
    NO 38, DEN 37

Lions (0-2) @ 49ers (1-1)
    Any team that can overcome a 21-point deficit and still lose by 23, deserves admiration. That is a difficult feat if one is actually trying to win. The SF win at Seattle was good for confidence, and so will be the Lions.
    DET 24, SF 34

Rams (0-2) @ Seahawks (0-2)
    The Rams are a very balanced team. Their offense can't run or pass, and their defense can't defend the run or pass. This is excellent news for the suffering Seahawks, who must be thinking: "Surely we can beat these clowns!"
    STL 10, SEA 27

Browns (0-2) @ Ravens (0-2)
    The Browns had the misfortune of opening the season against two of the best teams in the NFL: DAL and PIT. The Ravens beat a woeful Cincy team and had a hurricane-induced bye last week. The Browns pull it together this week and get a road win.
    CLE 20, BAL 17

Jaguars (0-2) @ Colts (1-1)
    Both teams are off to disappointing starts, but at least Indy has PM's arm to build on. The Colts improve and the Jags continue their stagnation.
    JAC 13, IND 24

Steelers (2-0) @ Eagles (1-1)
    McNabb and the Eagles gave an outstanding performance at Dallas, but came up a little short. The Steeler defense will prove a more difficult opponent than either the 'Boys' or Rams' defenses. Part of me wants to pick the Eagles at home, but as good as their offense has looked, I think the Steelers' defense will stifle (to a degree) and, more importantly, frustrate the Eagles' offense. I've got the feeling that which ever way I go, it will be the wrong way. So . . .
    PIT 30, PHI 29

Cowboys (2-0) @ Packers (2-0)
    The Pack's wins are against the Vikes and Lions. Yes, those are divisional rivals, but neither are in the top echelon. The Cowboys are. So, even though the game is at GB, I see a DAL win.
    DAL 32, GB 27

Monday, September 22:

Jets (1-1) @ Chargers (0-2)
    The Chargers were robbed last week. The Jets got beat. The Chargers will not be robbed this week, but the Jets still get beat.
    NYJ 20, SD 30

2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can't remember the last time I saw an NFL game as good as last night's.

3. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Indeed. It was something else. Invisible D and plenty of points.

4. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of great games this week. Pitt-Philly and Dallas-Green Bay should be great.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm very concerned about an Eagles team that played as well as they did Monday night only to lose. This is not the time for a letdown on the Steelers' part.

6. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Pats got raped in their own house :eek:

No Brady = No Pats

7. camerondocherty

camerondocherty New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    nj
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    cassel has one dissappointing game and everyones all over his back, this is only his 2nd ever nfl start after all. hes shown what he can do vs the jets.

8. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's still embarrassing to lose to the Dolphins (who were 1-15 last season) at home.

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why do you think Tom Brady would have made enough of a difference to change the outcome? This is the NFL. Any team, any day. Today was Miami's day.

10. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It helped that they were playing against an offense who's QB was starting for the third game of his entire professional career. :rolleyes:

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Depth is a part of the game, Jimi. Bradshaw had Joe Gilliam (and for most of one season, the roles were reversed). Staubach had Danny White. Montana had Steve Young. And Brady has... Matt Cassel. That's about right.

As I said, the Pats will make the playoffs, probably with a solid 12-4, 13-3, and make it all the way to the AFC title game. This one game is nothing to get bent out of shape over.

12. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was thinking more like 10-6 or 11-5, with a either a wild-card round loss or divisional round loss.

13. camerondocherty

camerondocherty New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    nj
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    yeah it is, but like auriaprottu said, its nothing to get bent out of shape about.

as for whether or not brady wouldve mad a difference i tihnk he wouldve but theres no point in talking about that..hopefully belichick can sort it out on the bye week coming.