Neymar vs Messi: The Adventure Continues

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by ---Z---, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Stats wise you cant compare with Iniesta, who is still more vital than Neymar.

2. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I love alexis sanchez when he's in form he's as good and as exciting player as any other player in the world. What separates them is that Alexis went through some down time with Barca last year. But I think that's a style issue, I dont think neither alexis nor neymar are suited for that boring tiki taka. They are more direct players that like to take players on but in barca that's discouraged.

I would give Neymar the edge but not by much, to me Alexis is another player like Luis Suarez. A world class/ top ten in the world player that's under appreciated by the fans and so called experts.

[]__[]

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

He's alredy the alpha dog with Brasil the nation with the most talent in the world, secondly he arrived at barca and quickly won his place in the starting 11 and put Pedro on the bench. So I dont know what other players you are talking about. Neymar, Pedro, Alexis all were performing a lot better and scoring more goals when messi was out, that's clear. When Messi comes back the form of alexis, Pedro and even neymar drops but that's because of messi demands too much of the ball.

[]__[]

4. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Cronaldo leads la liga in goals and is only behind messi by two assists, Cronaldo also leads Champions league scoring table and has more asssists than messi. So what stats other than your biased opinion you are using to say Messi is having a better season than Cronaldo.

[]__[]

5. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    so how do you "evaluate" the vital part ? do not tell me you THINK?

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What part of "Messi has been better in 2014" do you not understand? CR7 leads in CL and La Liga scoring because of what he did in late-2013 when Messi was injured half the time. When Messi came back from injury he was about 12 goals behind CR7, now he's only 3 behind.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    If you think Neymar is already better than Iniesta then no words can describe your bias. For starters, Iniesta plays almost every game for Barca so that already makes him more important in the manager's eyes. And in the last 7-8 games especially, Iniesta has taken his game to another level. An argument can be made that Iniesta has been better than Messi lately, never mind Neymar.

Pipiolo repped this.
  8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Brazil is up there with the most talent, but its not there alone. Plus, being the alpha dog in a national team doesn't translate into being alpha dog in Barcelona. Also, it is true, he did put Pedro on the bench, doesnt mean he is performing better than him.

9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fix your caps, got a little broken at the end ;)
    I consider vital a player whos presence is largely noticeable. Neymar could be benched and very few would notice. I am talking about this Neymar, not the potentially best player in the world Neymar who hasnt shown up yet. Lets get this straight, Alexis Sanchez is not a top 5 world player, nor will he ever be, but he is performing better than Neymar. Same thing with Pedro (if we are comparing with other forwards). Also, Iniesta is more vital to the team than Neymar, so is Busquets.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, especially not at forward. I mean who did Neymar force to the bench in the Brazil NT? Robinho? Nilmar? :laugh: It wasn't exactly a great forward-line that Brazil had in the 2010 World Cup.

11. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Can we just let Neymar grow and develop? He's done well so far in his young career but some of these post are just ridiculous.

12. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LOL so you choose a couple of months that suits your agenda and forget the rest of the season. Why not pick one game or two where Messi was better then. Last I checked the season started in August and those games and goals still count.

[]__[]

13. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It means exactly that, you dont put a player like Pedro in the bench if you arent better than him.

[]__[]

14. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Fix you wrong assumption.

Last year in FIFA ballon Dor Neymar was the highest #5 (just below Messi in Barca) then anyone else in Barca team. Live with that .. and deal with it...

now back to your "speculation" and "assumption" that Pedro/Alexis did better (by what standard?) and Iniesta is more vital (AGAIN by what measure? )

Some one can say Valdes is more vital than Iniesta and so what you say about it? argue or what proof???

15. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Neymar was nominated for what he did at Santos, which was a lot, and for the national team. IF we were to count his performance at Barcelona, there are at least 10 players in the world better than him. I say Pedro and Alexis are better, if we compare them in goals and assists / minutes played. Neymar loses to both.

No need to act all tough with cliché phrases "deal with it", its just a futból debate, I dont hate Neymar at all, little James ;)

16. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Martino does, and it has happened in all teams, nothing new about it.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Same thing can be said about your argument. You say "Ronaldo is now better than Messi". Based on what? One year (2013 only) when Messi was injured?

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Benching Pedro was always going to happen unless Neymar flops hard. It was inevitable that Barça would bench a player it had invested relatively little in for a player it had invested a massive deal in in order to get maximum value/return out of the far greater investment. Just simple logic.

Tom Collingsworth and Yañez repped this.
  19. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Performing better as in has more goals right? Because that's not really performing better that's just scoring more, Neymar has less minutes than all of the Barcelona's forwards, around 150 less then the second forward with less minutes (excluding tello of course)

That's almost 2 full games less, with a lot of them coming early on the season off subs. Reality is Neymar has stepped up when it counted, participated on Barcelona's biggest games this season better than any other player in the Barca squad (Messi included).

He's arguably Barca's second best player right now and opens up a lot for their offense by widening the pitch for them. The big difference between Neymar in Barcelona and Neymar in Santos/Brazil is that for NT and Santos he had the autonomy to move around the pitch and create, in Barca he stays on his area and widens the pitch. So he's being tactically competent, back tracking, marking and opening space and all you guys see are his stats.

Do I need to remind you who came into the 2010 WC as the favorites to win it all? 5/1 odds?

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    But it wasn't because they had the best forwards. It was their goalkeeping, defense and midfield that was highly rated (overrated as it turns out). Plus Robinho is on the downside of his career.... it was time for Brazil to rebuild their team, so it wasn't that tough for youngsters to get in. Many other did, not just Neymar.

21. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    But he is not Barcas best player, not even arguably. Its not me thinking this alone, go to the official Barcelona forum, guys that are much more fans than Barca than us, will say the same thing. Now, this doesnt mean he is a bad player at all, just he is not top 3 in barca let alone in the world.

22. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Exactly, there are other factors, such as price and marketing, to consider for Neymars starting role. Now all the fanboys are gonna think I meant he has no talent to start without those factors, nothing could be further from the truth.

23. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Neymar?

He's among the better Barca players. If you want to put a numerical rank on him, it's somewhere between 2-7, and what the number is exactly depends on whom you like more and how you rate different positions. Thus, I would say that he has had a good season, though has a lot of room for improvement. That's the story of the whole Barca team, as well: good job, but could do better.

24. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I think you should stop watching football and changed to golf - maybe it suits better for your hatred

If Neymar has no talent then FIFA should STOP football games right now ... and you get lost to twitter forum or so

25. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Barcelona
    Iniesta: Neymar Is Pure Talent

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta admits that Brazil starlet Neymar is "pure talent" and hopes to help him settle quickly at Camp Nou.
    "Neymar is a pure talent and has brutal quality," he told Sport.

"He's a great signing. He's very young. We'll try to make him feel as good as possible as quickly as possible.