Neymar no Sauditão! (from PSG to Al-Hilal)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Rana catesbeiana, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Didn't see the game. He was poor?

2. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was active, won many fk's and had a couple of good moments. He kept slipping though, he slipped plenty of times when he was in good position.

Other than that it was a difficult game to shine since Atletico were defending with the whole team and didn't give a lot of space to Barca.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Didn't do much to be mentioned. Was fouled a lot, tried some dribbles but most unsuccessful, slipped a few times trying to dribble (thus my joke), a couple of decent passes.

What he did well was hustle back and steal some balls ... specially when he lost them.

4. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can agree with that. Seems like everyone wearing those Nike attack/speed boots are slipping and sliding. Talk about shoddy quality.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No comment about Nrymar vs Valencia?

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Played well, though not spectacularly. He is slowly adapting to a new system, and the others are slowly adapting to him. With performances like this, he is cementing the LW starter spot for himself, even if he would have a lot of room for improvement still.

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    He makes Barcelona's attack better, as expected. Beautiful work with Messi here:

8. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yet he was by himself in front of goal and the ball didnt get to him because it has to pass trough messi first... neymar went to the wrong team

[]__[]

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    MOTM vs Sevilla. Another Assist to Messi.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His best game yet. Very successful at taking on players only stopped by fouls ... and many of them. Would have been nice if he shot that one chance instead of trying to play it back to Messi.

11. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    He trying to be too unselfish which is the only negative I can say about how he played for Barcelona so far.

12. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every is questioning why Neymar is passing back a lot. I really wish he would so some unselfishness especially when there is a clear opportunity for him to score or assist. Other than that he is fitting in well.

I can't fathom why Puertorricane said he chose the wrong team.

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think the "not selfish enough" is a sort of overexaggerated problem. I mean he is playing well, his team is winning, and he has quickly made himself a starter. Signs point to well played, imo. He passes back a lot, but that is him playing possession football. Occasionally he could have gone for the goal more straight-forwardly, but imo the balance between going for the decider and keeping the possession / circling around the target is just fine. He hasn't scored in Liga yet, but any good attacker can go four (or more) matches without scoring. He is showing great attitude, has already evolved somewhat as a player (imo), and he has given good performances. Great start, and to ask for a notably better start would mean unrealistical expectations.

I can fathom. I mean I'd risk to guess that Barca isn't his favourite team lol.

14. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well tomorrow we will debut in one of the biggest stage competitions for his sport. This is where legends make their mark in Europe.

15. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The world cup is where legends are made

[]__[]

IVO ! repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar started well today doing the same things he did over the weekend. It seemed like Barca were bent on having him create chances from the left wing. He beat his marker a few times but nothing came out of it. As the game went on, he was used less and less and the play got more balanced. Had a good shot on goal saved by the goalie and assisted on Pique's goal with a nice cross.

I think he was a little frustrated at the end right before he was subbed off because he really wants to score.

17. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    1 goal and 3 or 4 assist so far is not a bad start. I think the goals will come. He's still in the adaption phase.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar played OK today but not as well as the last 2 games. Made another assist where he exchanged passes with Messi on the run and then setup Pedro for the hat-trick (could have taken the shot). But still hasn't scored in La Liga. Hit the inside of the post and had a shot go wide.

Switched to the right with Iniesta coming in right before being subbed off. Which is an interesting situation. Iniesta's role has been "lessened" with Neymar's playing. He used to have more liberty to come up wide on the left. It's a situation that we'll have to see how it turns out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Neymar is benched on the next game just for rotation sake.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar gets his first La Liga goal.

IVO ! repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Also had another assist (4 now) and created other chances.

Should have scored another if he wasn't too cute and try to chapeu the goalie.

Playing well, finishing is the only problem. Missed a few chances he should have already bagged.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yea the sporadic finishing really started creeping into his game near the end of his stint with Santos.

22. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Doing well all things considered. I reckon in another two years, Neymar will really be pushing Messi for the top dog spot.

23. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Well I will eat crow now. i always said I was afraid of Neymar going to Barca since they play the tiki taka and that it would ruin his game. Well I was wrong. Way wrong. He is playing good fast with the team. I mean the last couple of matches for barca Neymar is playing well. The only thing is that he is hesitant about taking shots. In 2-3 years Neymar will be a best for barca at this pace.

24. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Barca are playing more direct now so it benefits Neymar game.

puertorricane repped this.
  25. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Martino has Barca playing differently they dont rely on tiki-taka as much anymore.

[]__[]