Neymar no Sauditão! (from PSG to Al-Hilal)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Rana catesbeiana, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed, but it's the same way with trusting everything a board members says. Don't expect them to tell all the details.

4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yeah the so reliable tribalfootball. Anyone can make a article like that.

You mean that that article is more reliable than what they actually said?

At the press conference, Martino addressed rumours of his appointment by stating that four time world player of the year, Lionel Messi, had nothing to do with new position as manager, "we are both from Rosario, basically from Newell's, and we do not know each other, this is the main point. It is true that once I said from Rosario, presupposing that it might have been something logical, an enquiry. But that has not been like this, taken into account what he [Lionel Messi] said. I can't say the opposite cause I was not there during the negotiations and conversations, just the one I had with the president and with Andoni [Zubizarreta]".

Leo Messi is cleared of any involvement in the signing of Tata Martino for Barca

Leo Messi wanted to make clear that “I have nothing to do with Martin and I have to explain why. That thing belongs Rosell and club president. At the time I said that I looked him like a good coach, but I don’t have to explain anything more ”
    He added that “do not know him personally, never saw him, either to him or to Luis Enrique, who was the other victory outlined. Sounds good his signing that will add up and what he showed in Newell’s and selection of Paraguay is what he is capable. Wish him well. ”
    http://www.barca360.com/messi-tata-martino-not-know-him-personally/

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why would they admit he played a factor? That's the point, what is said isn't any more credible than what AS wrote. It's not the first time some official or player denied something when it isn't true.

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Martino said himself that he learned a lot from Bielsa. Bielsa was his coach for years.

Tata clearly has a similar philosophy to the one of Barca and that is why he was chosen.

4) Tata is a 'pupil' of Marcelo Bielsa, who most recently spent time at Athletic Bilbao, leading them to Copa del Rey and Europa League finals in 2012. Martino was a key player in Bielsa's Newell's side of the early 1990s and his own style is said to have taken much from his former master. That is particularly appropriate, as the contemporary Barcelona side also owes much to Bielsa's methods. Pep Guardiola famously made a trip to Argentina to learn from Bielsa prior to his first steps as a manager, and it is El Loco's frantic pressing game that Guardiola used to revolutionise Barcelona's football.
    Read more at http://talksport.com/magazine/features/130722/seven-things-you-need-know-about-new-barcelona-manager-tata-martino-202159#H8QUgGGTppECkifh.99

More links about his connection and similarities to Bielsa.

Tata Martino, un Bielsa ganador

http://www.futbolprimera.es/2013/07/22/tata-martino-un-bielsa-ganador

Gerardo 'Tata' Martino, otro 'loco' del fútbol de la escuela Bielsa

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...arca-sustituto-tito-vilanova_54377961320.html

7. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I don't disagree there. Of course they don't say everything that's going on behind closed doors.

It doesn't change that they chose Tata because of the way he sees football and not because of Messi. That is just not the way big clubs work.

Then if they asked him about Tata or how much his opinion affected their decision is quite impossible for us to know. But that they hired him because of Messi is just bollocks

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know the history. There are similarities, but they aren't the same coach. Bielsa would not put out a defensive squad because he felt his team was inferior. Martino did that with Newell's against Galo and he did that for most of his time as Paraguay's NT coach.

9. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Well of course they aren't the same. No one is the exact same as someone else. Tito was a bit different from Pep too, but they had the same philosophy and approached the game the same way.

That was the key factor in this decision since they wanted someone similar to Tito and someone that won't come in and change very much. That is also what everyone say that he is like (by everyone I mean the players and staff of the club), then if he can come and add some things, that's just great, or if he can make the team pressure like they used to do, that would be fantastic. It's still the same path.

Playing defensively for some games with Newell's and Paraguay doesn't make him a defensive coach. His way of seeing football is offensive and similar to Bielsa and Barca's way.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bielsa pressed and pressured Barca and Man Utd high up the pitch. On paper, he had an inferior squad to those teams and took a huge risk exposing his team. That's why he is called "El Loco."

Calling Tata the next El Loco isn't exactly right. He did not press and pressure teams with better squads like Bielsa does.

He likes attacking football while maintaining possession? Ok, so do many other coaches. What set him apart from anyone else available?

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Maybe that is why they never chose Bielsa.;)

There are not that many coaches that fits the Barca profile, it's not just about attacking football and possession. His approach to the sport is similar to the coaches mentioned before. I posted plenty of articles that describes him and his view on football.

Barca has a identity (or whatever you want to call it) in the game and in the way to approach games and they believe they can maintain that with Tata. Time will tell how it goes.

12. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar just scored a nice goal against Malaysia XI.

13. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed

I'm just looking forward to the show this year, got my pop corn ready

Every Brazilian I know tells me extremely loudly and exuberantly "cr7 this cr7 that sucks etc, messi the best chi chi viva brasiu"
    Now when pre season ends and messi puts Neymar back in line well see how their tune quickly changes

Have fun watching your golden boy bend over backwards to do what messi needs/wants. It's either that or riding the pine. Will set the stage for an epic brazil- Argentina clash at the world cup

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You don't like Messi, you don't like Neymar, you don't like Barca -> gotta comment here with all the doom and gloom predictions still lol. Last I checked, a good player with good attitude joining a good team isn't a guaranteed prelude to catastrophe. :cool:

16. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And was voted player of the match.
    Neymar off to a great start at Barca. But his is only the beginning my friends. The future for Neymar at Barca looks very bright.

17. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Pique was the man of the match against Malaysia, but otherwise I agree: great start for him at Barca, and the future looks very bright. :cool:

18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol messi will make sure he stays in his shadow

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is he going to start Sunday?

20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Rumours say no (though not unanimously), but I guess we'll see.

21. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What are you 10 years old?

So today begins Neymar's journey at Barca. Boa sorte amigao!

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    neymar making his debut in a pressure cooker of an atmosphere in the opening la liga match. You can cut the tension with a knife, barca leads 6-0 lets hope the pressure doesn't overwhelm him. :sick:

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  23. Glass Moon

Glass Moon Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Brasil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Barça had a pretty much perfect first half, but that Levante team is so bad.

24. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree MINNOW TEAM. I think some second division Brazilian teams can beat Levante.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar with a headed goal for his first goal in a real game. Alves with an assist......:eek: