Neymar no Sauditão! (from PSG to Al-Hilal)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Rana catesbeiana, Jul 3, 2013.

1. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes I did. I didn't have Netflix so I actually signed up to see it, lol. I enjoyed it very much.
    Neymar has also announced that this will be his last WC, although we know how these athletes change their minds.

Ombak repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought Maradona's was interesting because it was way past his retirement and also I wasn't familiar with all his stories. Everything about Neymar shown I already knew or strongly suspected. I think some may have been surprised that his father isn't as involved as he used to be and that he doesn't call the shots in terms of Neymar's transfers. He mainly deals with the negotiation aspect. Many speculated that his move from Baca to PSG was his father's decision, but I've always believed Neymar calls his shots in terms of where he wants to play.

Ombak and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I haven't watched it, besides some of Casimiro's coverage of episode 1, but what strikes me from all the commentary is that it's sad more than anything. The obsession his father had (and still has) in making him brand and the relationship (or lack thereof) between the two as a result.

It's really a very muted reaction to a very hyped documentary, not very revealing and didn't have the impact I think they expected it to.

One thing to note is that it was mostly produced over 2 years ago. I don't know if COVID is why it took so long to release or what, but it's also a bit dated.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  4. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I thought he looked lively in his 20 minute cameo.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep. Not too bad.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought he played well for the short time, and after coming out of a long injury, and nice back heel assist. But Mbappe stole the show. My GOD is he fast with his moves. VJ did not do that well, but RM didn't even show up to the game. Neymar will start the second leg. I thought this was the best PSG game they have ever played in their history.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar with a goal today but a horrendous PK miss as well.

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, he was fine for the most part for someone who has been out for 10 weeks, but he had a first half chance he should have put away as well as the penalty.

It's going to be funny to hear pundits talk about it though after the Messi miss earlier this week.

Even more concerning was how Marquinhos was consistently left alone on the right and was beaten over and over. Just reinforces the fact we can't play Dani Alves against teams with speedy threats on the left.

10. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WHAT A CROCK.
    IMG_1857.JPG

11. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Can someone translate shortly what's up with that?

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The whole Neymar transfer from Santos to Barcelona supposedly has a bunch of irregularities in order for Neymar and his dad to pocket a good chunk of the transfer fee for themselves. From what I remember, Neymar Sr., having a lot of leverage on Santos, knew he could run down Neymar's contract and leave for free with Santos getting nothing. So Santos accepted a transfer fee of around 40-50m when his real value was 90-100m. The rest was pocketed by Neymar and his dad basically as signing bonus. DIS was specially pissed because they owned a % of Neymar's transfer rights (as investors) and they received much less than expected since the stated transfer value was much lower than the real one (what Barca actually paid for the whole deal).

I don't know how the whole thing stands in court. But I can see how Santos and DIS felt screwed. When we see transfer fees, they typically match the player's market value and that's what's transferred from club to club. In this case, everyone was already suspicious when they saw Neymar's fee being as low as 40m. It made no sense. The whole thing may have been legal, but it's pretty unethical if you ask me. But that's the world of football.

Haaland transfer to Man City is interesting as well. In order to sign with Borussia, he had a clause in his contract that he could leave after 2 years for something like 60m. Also way below his market value. That was his release clause. He did this in order to choose his destination and also pocket a big sign on bonus for himself. Borussia had no leverage and just preferred having him for 2 years. But in Santos case, they actually developed Neymar from his youth. And while they made good money while he played there and his subsequent Barca -> PSG move, it's shitty that Neymar had to go around doing business like this. He was always going to make tons of money in his career.

Serengeti_Boy and manimal repped this.
  13. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Thank you very much..

I just hope that he will not get arrested

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He won't. That's out of the question. That's not how things work in Spain.

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Messi and Ronaldo have also been taken to court, for tax fraud in their cases, both were sentenced to 2 years in prison. Any sentence of that length (under three years) means a suspended sentence, no actual jail time. Likely Neymar or his father will pay a fine and have a similar sentence, if anything.

16. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Ok... Then it's good. .

17. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018

Jesus christ

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ?????

Video can't be played in the US.

19. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    #694 manimal, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2022
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No link.

21. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I merged his posts so it's all in one reply to you.

It's the Neymar dribble through the defense followed by the spin and backheel to Mbappé.

manimal repped this.
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh yeah, I saw that ... that move was sweet. More like vintage Neymar from a couple of years ago. Need to check his highlights.

manimal repped this.
  23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought Neymar had a decent no nonsense WC in terms of staying away from antics on the field. First game back at PSG, red card ... :ROFLMAO:

YC for "accidentally" slapping a player on the face Branco style and another for a blatant dive. It was said that mins earlier he was slapped himself and the ref didn't call anything (probably didn't see it), but damn ... a red on you 1st game back and just before NYE ??? That doesn't look good.

24. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    I saw that game.... Till his red card he was the best player in the game. And indeed.... The red was SHIT as he was constantly picked on with elbows and was punched in face before red card. The red didn't do anything. But yeah.... That dive was unnecessary. But I can somehow understand his reaction

25. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil