NEXT UP Elitec Free on showtime on 9/15

Discussion in 'MMA' started by BigGuy, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    Main events are not bad and it is on Showtime free which also means if you miss it. It will be re run numerous times.

Got to watch it and Nick Diaz is fighting.

Jake Shields v Verissimo/

Shields is real good his opponent is the BJJ Guy you saw on ther Tapout show. He trains BJ Penn in BJJ in Hawaii.

Shields should win because the other guy has not fought with striking. Shields is pretty good fighter.

Forget the other fights the main even has Robbie Lawler

2. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live Matches:
    Robbie Lawler vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua
    Jake Shields vs. Renato "Charuto" Verissimo
    Nick Diaz vs. Mike Aina
    Joey Villasenor vs. Riki Fukuda
    Gina Carano vs. Tonya Evinger

Taped Matches:
    Jaw Suk Kim vs. Brandon Wolff
    Kala Kohole Hose vs. Jeff Fox
    Mark Oshiro vs. Nui Wheeler
    Mark Kurano vs. Jose Diaz
    Justin Bucholz vs. Kolo Koka
    Tyson Nam vs. Albert Manners

3. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I just got Showtime a couple of weeks ago (for Weeds and Californication) and I am really excited for this. I'm interested to see the production for this, analyze their announcers and most importantly see some great fights!

In a partially related tangent I have to say that HBO needs to get a deal done with UFC because their original program has gone downhill bigtime and I'll probably be dropping HBO from my cable unless they get UFC.

4. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he said - Entourage and the fact that a UFC deal has been rumored forever are the reasons why I haven't dropped HBO yet.

5. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    UFC almost had a deal with HBO. Then the HBO executive that made the deal was fired. Also HBO wanted to drop the UFC announcers and replace them with their own. That deal fell through as far as I know.

How can anyone want to dump Joe Rogan? He is a great color man very knowledgeable.

6. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    Joe Rogan? He's an Idiot! My impresion: "look this guy is gonna do an armbar then the other guy will be introuble!" What really happens is the guy tries the armbar gets rolled over and pounded to a pulp. Rogan reminds me to much of john madden. I can't stand that idiot either.

Sorry bout the rant but its the way i feel. Bill Goldberg for Elite XC is way better.

7. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    If you think Goldberg is good why am I even reading your post? It won't happen again.

8. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agreed.

There were some good fights on Sat. but it was absolutely painful listening to Goldberg.

9. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    It was kind of a cheeky reply. That is how BAD I think Rogan is.