Next season predictions

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Scipio Gothicus, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obvoiously, it is early yet, with six months left until the next season. We have no idea who will be at the helm, or who will be palying. Even so, I have a prediction.

Dead last. A lot of close games, but Jeffries left this team in a deep hole. Unlike Jeffries, the new coach will have to climb out of it, rather than being gifted with quality players.

Frankly, I do not mind that much. I would gladly sacrfice a year to draft Nunez.

2005 will see the revival.

Vox fatum.

2. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sadly I have to agree. Another year under our belt is not likely to remove the spirit-crushing influence of Dragon. Also I see us losing several players in the off-season.

Short of a coaching miracle a la Frank Yallop, I can't see this team doing much next season. Our only hope is the cyclical nature of Burn history - good one year, bad one year, good one year, bad one year....

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So my guess is this is the thread where everyone puts who they want back and in charge.

4. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    1. NY
    2. Chicago
    3. LA
    4. Dallas
    5. SJ
    6. Columbus
    7. Colorado
    8. NE
    9. DC
    10. KC

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you sir are on crack, I wouldn't make myself sit throught another 2003 if it meant getting Pele. You heard me.

I think we're going to surprise a lot of people, once we get our defense together, we'll be dangerous at the dragon, and we'll make the playoffs for sure, maybe (just maybe) make it past the first round.

but it's way to damn early for this talk, and I'm always the optomist.

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These are the players I would like to see return for next season.

GK: DJ, Casser

D:Thomas, Sayler, Gbandi, Dunseth,

MF: Davis, ROB, Vaca, Urbas, Stone

F:EJ, Toni, Curtis, Kries

7. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    3rd in the west.

There is no rhyme or reason to the MLS. Each year is a new year. I'm counting on regression to the mean, as we surprise everybody by having a decent team, regardless of who is on the squad.

8. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    I wouldn't be surprised if we bounced right back under a new manager, strong young talent and a reorganized defense.

9. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Problem is that the team will be totally reorganized in 2004 to perform at that Field Turf piece of crap known as Dragon Stadium. Then that new squad will have to perform in 2005 on a wide grass oasis in Frisco, just like we had in the Cotton Bowl.
    All this so that HSG can save a buck and the Burn franchise can "learn" how to run Buck-a-Braut night.

HSG is once again prepping us for failure. Why? Because John Wagner and HSG are a bunch of friggin idiots who just don't get it.

Who killed the Burn?

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Younger and faster" can play on grass surfaces. "Younger and faster" can play on turf surfaces. So I'm not too worried about a built-for-turf team moving to Frisco.

Part of problem with the team this year is that "old and slow" doesn't really play on turf too well.

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Wagner.

2004 will be 2003 Part II

Same crap stadium - same crap field.

What will have changed? Some players - some coaches maybe. But it will make no difference.

So the Burn lost $500,000 less this year - I hope Wagner and HSG are proud.

2004 will be Grounghog Day for the Burn.

12. El Pichichi

El Pichichi New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    DC
    Optimistic Pessimism

I don't see it getting much worse than '03. My prediction is that we will really see how much HSG actually cares for the Burn fan and how much smoke they are blowing out their backside when they talk about bringing the game closer to the fans/closer to their "target."

The means by which to measure this is:
    1. Did they paint over the gridiron like they said they would in '03?
    2. Did they bother to pursue beer sales (it's a long shot, but I wouldnt' mind seeing the effort)?
    3. Did they reduce ticket prices?
    4. Did they reduce parking and/or include it with season ticket holder packages like back at the Cotton Bowl?

13. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Hopefully ROB will be back. IMHO, if he stays, he will become the emotional leader the Burn did not have this year. ROB can be like Peter Nowak was to the Chicago Fire. He is the type of guy who will not allow his team to lose and will fight for his teammates.

14. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    LOL through gritted teeth. It's too true.

15. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did one thing right, 2005 you guys will be playing in your own stadium. It sucks that you guys had to go through hell for two years but you will have your own stadium in 2005.

16. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How bad can it get? Sympathy from a Fire Fan.

I am not on crack, 247, and I will not be drunk for a good three hours. I do not want Pele, as I think he might have lost a step.

Simply put, I do not see this team as getting better. The draft picks will help, but that is down the line a bit. After another tough season, Nunez would be a nice consolation.