Next round of the CareLess Cup

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by liverbird, Oct 27, 2004.

1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We get 'boro at home.

Full draw:

Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur

Nottingham Forest v Fulham

Newcastle United v Chelsea

Liverpool v Middlesbrough

Watford v Southampton

Manchester United v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Everton

Cardiff City v Portsmouth

Matches to be played November 9/10.

Comment away. the Toon at home to Chelsea is a good one too. The Scum get their usual "luck".

2. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    It's all good, i'll take boro at home, especially with our home form this season.

3. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps we should care? If the youngsters are going to get some valuable first team experience, then we should be hoping that those kids can keep progressing. Then in the later rounds, we can throw some more established first teamers into the fray and win another trophy (ok a bauble comparitively speaking, but a trophy none the less).

4. timberley11

timberley11 New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Silverware is silverware, I am sure if the young boys make it and we play well Benitez will be happy with a trip to Cardiff, no matter what cup it is for.

5. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah,its important to win silverwarenot only for the players but also for the club (but i would rather win the FA Cup!!).

6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Boro will see this game as more important than we do. It was this same cup that got them into Europe last season. They will probably send their best team to Anfield, and if we don't take it seriously we will be beaten. I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance though.

7. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    u know ,that can be a good thing!!!i mean ,thinkin about it,our next premiership match after crystal palace match is against BORO;but in there stadium!and if i am not mistaken,they have to play the uefa cup this week aswell!!and if benitez does play with the younsters,the starting X will be rested for the very dificult away trip,and they will be all tiered up!!!And benitez will get a chance to fully analize Boro,which will be a good thing for liverpool!!!!

8. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    Agreed, we could be surprised if we're not careful, and as you said, keep the youngens in there. It's time they get their 15 minutes of fame, and they did decently against Millwall.