Next Italy coach

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Gatorbomb, Oct 12, 2015.

1. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well the whole Manchester United team was shitty this season, especially the defense, due to many injuries.

In regards to Gabbiadini, I love this guy ever since he was playing for Atalanta. He's got size and quickness. He can dribble, heck he even can pull some moves. His left foot is deadly..better than Berardi but maybe just a shade below Dybala. He just needs to find a team that would play him consistently....hopefully within Serie A.

Rosay and Stamos repped this.
  2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gabbiadini should go to Fiorentina.

3. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Magnifico.

4. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I laugh at some of you who insist thata youth movement will solve all problems and that we're missing out this tournament by...hold on, get this....trying to win instead of rebuild.

It's the same argument every other fanbase of every sport makes: rebuild, focus on youth, that'll do the trick!

But here's the thing. It usually doesn't. Now I'm not saying to ignore the younger talent (I was the one who started the Top Prospects thread in this forum), but you need a bit of a mix. Which we have already and would've been more apparent with Verratti leading the midfield.

Some of you are throwing Darmian inder the bus (looking at you Nek) after he was arguably our best player just two years ago and is playing on one of the top sides in the World who all struggled this season. Wasn't Matteo one of those young talents up until a year ago were considered part of our future core? Opinions sway like the wind around here. Exactly 0 loyalty.

Then there are some calling Perin the future in goal. The season I watched, it was apparent Gigi is still world's better than Mattia. Yet you all were ready to drop Buffon - "too old, yada yada.."

Ventura will have two years to build a young, vibrant squad. Let Conte do whatever he can to win now though.

If Lorenzo isnt there though, then....:devilish: lol

Rosay repped this.
  5. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Darmian's no different than Immobile. Both left a smaller club and can't seem to hack it at a top squad. Darmain has the excuse that MU were in shambles top to bottom. But his replacement (name escapes me) completely outperformed him. And when he played in the last couple of fixtures for Italy, he looked slow and average. Lets not forget that Darmian isn't 21-22 like some other players I mentioned. He's 26 and should be entering his prime at this point. And I'm not saying to drop him anyway...just saying that there are some red flags.

Theoretically, for me, its no big deal if Insigne isn't there. He had a bad second half of the season, and I find him inconsistent. The problem is that Eder will probably take his spot...and that is absurd.

6. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The problem with Ciro is he doesn't have the skill or technique to be a top player. He had the fortune of playing with the creative Insigne and the world class talent of Verratti and playing under Zemen meant he'd have chance after chance to score. Everyone figured he must've had world class finishing ability but he's simply a mid-table starter and replaceable. I don't think Darmian is a good comparison despite the simplicity of both not "cutting it" at big clubs.

And how did Insigne have a bad second half? Are you simply looking at stats? Because if we did that and looked at the body of work of every Italian this season (as opposed to just the last few months, which isn't fair), then Lorenzo would rank as a top3 attacker - ahead of Pelle, Eder, Zaza.. If we are talking about 'form', him and El Shaarawy should be shoe-ins on that left side with Candreva and Bernardeschi (who has been very inconsistent but a talent regardless) on the right.

Rosay repped this.
  7. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Immobile is like a Gilardino I always thought

8. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Anyone seen much of Darmian this season? I never thought he'd have the athleticism to be an EPL wingback and it was a bad move for him.
    In Conte's 3-5-2, Florenzi should get that spot anyway as he's better offensively.

RE: Insigne. He clearly dropped off in the 2nd half of the season. Don't know if it was injury, or confidence, or something else. I expect SES will get the second-striker role.

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No not really Insigne didn't drop off completely. He didn't score nearly as many goals, but he played good games. When he played for us in march against Spain he was man of the match.

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't think anyone had said you do that right before a tournament. That's impossible. At this point you have to go with who you know and have used successfully during qualifiers and those who are currently in best form with veteran leadership to help bring the team together in a short duration.

Germany 2014 begs to differ. The team was basically their 2009 u21 Euro cup winning squad (6 players) and 8 from the 2011 squad that failed to qualify, with veteran leadership from Klose, Schwein and Kahn.

A 22 year old, who's already got 50 caps for his national team and is still finding it hard to get consistent playing time with Bayern scored the winning goal too.

People aren't saying play the u21 team now and obviously you need the veterans which will come from the Juve 3 + Buffon and De Rossi, but after this tournament the squad does need to rebuild and that is probably why Ventura is taking over.

Baggionero and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  11. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It should be El Shaarway and Insigne for that second striker spot. Like you said though...Eder undeservingly will go over Insigne.

It had nothing to do with goals. And no, Insigne did not play as good as he did in the first half of the season. Any Napoli supporter could tell you that. Regardless, Lorenzo should go over Eder if there is any justice in the world.

Deleted User x repped this.
  12. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its true he did slow down in the second half, but he still played ok. He wasn't rubbish or useless. Anyway Insigne, SES, and Giovinco should be competing. Eder should be out.

13. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which is exactly what I already said: try to win this tournament and then let Ventura build a younger side.

14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Then why would you laugh at people who want a youth movement?

15. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You're very behind my friend. Nobody is saying only focusing on the youth will fix everything. But how
    THANK YOUUUUUUU!

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  16. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A youth movement for this tournament, which all discussion as been based on.

Whatever happens after the Euros and Conte is dependent on Euro results anyways so premature talking about it.

17. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, I'm not. Read above. I'm talking about a youth movement for Conte and he Euros next month.

18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I didn't read anyone suggesting that we have a youth movement just before the tournament.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  19. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Then read through the forum again because Nek (whose opinion I enjoy reading and respect) and a couple others suggested it.

With that said, I have 0 desire to waste my time and get into a debate with you. Have a good weekend.

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If you (and no one else ever) say so.

21. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Great way to win a game, by taking the ball and going home.

22. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Watching Calabria play for Milan... I don't get how people think there's no talent in Italy. THERE'S SO MUCH IT JUST NEEDS TO BE USED!!!

Rosay and calabrese8 repped this.
  23. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's no game. I don't debate just to debate. What's wrong with some on here? I got too much class to be responding to b.s like this.

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I could be wrong, but you did just respond, no?

[​IMG]

meazza repped this.
  25. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    It was hyperbole Einstein