Next Italy coach

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Gatorbomb, Oct 12, 2015.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy is a mess

Sal repped this.
  2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lol

Conte needs to make Italy great again.

3. Saint Miccoli

Saint Miccoli Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  4. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep

5. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hearing reports of Montella. Average coach, but he's at least youth driven and with the potential B team initiative that could happen in Serie A, this could help the National team greatly.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Montella? I like him and he is a great guy but has he done anything to merit the job as CT?

7. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't think so, but anything is possible at this point.

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It looks like its either: Montella, Ventura, or Di Biasi. I hope we get Di Biasi. His tactics and results with Albania look quite promising. Also he is very defensive so we will be able to get the typical Italian style back.

If we get Di Biasi, we will likely have almost the same tactics as Atletico Madrid.

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Deleted User x repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What do you think about Ventura? Was he impressive with Torino you think?

12. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I love the idea of Ventura because he'll actually use youth and may start the youth revolution that Italy desperately needs.

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope so, we really need that especially because we are about to finish a generation with players that are not actually that good. This is why we still have players like Pirlo and Gattuso still starting. The last generation really sucked, while the generation before was outstanding. This was the problem with the Azzurri.

Past Generation: Buffon, Cannavaro, Nesta, Materazzi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Del Piero, Totti, Toni, Gilardino, Vieri, Camoranesi, Inzaghi, Zambrotta.

Generation we are just about to End: Sirigu, Chiellini, Barzagli, De Rossi, Montolivo, Marchisio, Giacherinni, Abate, Criscito, Maggio, Darmian, Candreva, Cassano, Balotelli, Giovinco, Eder, Pelle.

Future Generation: Donnarumma, Rugani, Romagnoli, Bonucci, Florenzi, Zappacosta, Verratti, Benassi, Baselli, Mandragora, Sensi, Berardi, Bernardeschi, Insigne, Gabbiadini, Belotti, Saponara.

I mean we are just about on the verge of switching to the future generation. I must say that many players in the last generation were not good which really caused problems for the whole national team. Chiellini, Barzagli, and De Rossi were really the only world class players. Marchisio is now world class but developed quite late. Many people say Cassano and Balotelli were world class players, but if their attitudes are horrible, thinking they are more deserving than they really are and they couldn't prove themselves in world class teams, sorry but I don't call them world class.

The future Azzurri is really bright. I expect to see something like this in 2018:

-Berardi-Belotti-Bernardeschi-
    -Benassi-Marchisio-Verratti-
    -Zappacosta-Bonucci-Rugani-Florenzi-
    -Buffon-
    With Insigne, Romagnoli, Gabbiadini, and of course many other players there. Maybe throw in a couple of old players in like Buffon, Marchisio, Darmian, and Chiellini.

afar and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Called it

15. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How is Bonucci in the future generation and Darmian is the generation to end if Matteo is younger than Leonardo?

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    OMG I meant to put Darmian in the future generation, but the truth is Darmian hit his prime earlier than Bonucci did. Bonucci just hit his prime last season.

17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Darmian is the future, but doesn't look as promising as Zappacosta and Florenzi this season.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It seems for as long as I can remember , Torino always had a great Vivaio!

Con Mihajlovic sarà Torino dei giovani

19. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Darmian would be the one of the leaders of the Future Generation group which, imho, should not inlcude Bonucci and start from 1992 onwards because the 1990 & 1991 class is awful and to your surprise, it's not because lack of talent. They were just unlucky because when they were ready to make the jump, the Italian coaches back then was reluctant to play them.

My formation would be 4-3-3 attacking and 4-5-1 defending with Perin; Masina, Romagnoli, Rugani, Darmian; Benassi, Verratti, Cataldi; Berardi, Belotti, Bernardeschi

20. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another player that Mihajlovic could bring into fold as the season progress is the highly rated Valerio Mantovani. I was saying that to myself when I was reading the news about Torino hiring Mihajlovic and Atalanta hiring Prandelli. This is a good signing from both club due to the primavera pedigree of both Torino and Atalanta. Hopefully clubs like Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, and Empoli hires coaches who would give youth a place.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I actually like Ventura with Bari in his first year there in 2009-2010 when they finished 10th. Then the second year he lost it but that is typical of smaller clubs.

22. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    That is the key point here. We need a NT coach that will build the organization up again. This Euro should have been one of the stepping stones to winning the WC in Russia and instead, it looks like this competition is going to be used to barely get out of the group stage and crash out in the knockout round without virtually any big-time international experience for the next generation.

The rebuild of Italian football has been stalled, again.

23. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It will happen though. Life and football itself is cyclic. Spanish football's dominance is mirrored by the equal if not more prominent dominance of Italian football in the 90's. Once the youth reform happens, everything will come into place. As someone who is not only a Juve fan but also a very passionate Italian fan, I follow as much Italian youth as possible. From streaming youth games to watching Serie B. There is so much unearthed talent in Italy that it's hilarious that Serie A is in this predicament in the first place. Everyone lauds a player like Verratti (and rightfully so) but no one realizes there's many, many players with identical ceilings hiding away in youth systems and the Serie B (coincidentally where Verratti was found). I'll just say this; Juve rising to prominence once more is the best thing to happen for Italian football. While the dominance may persist for a while longer, it will be a cause for waking up to the rest of the league and the head of it. The reforming of the youth, season by season stadiums are being refurbished, renovated or completely new ones (Juve, Udinese, Sassuolo notable ones; Napoli has been given the green light to renovate, Roma will likely build one, as will AC Milan). Everything will drop into place.

24. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I agree. I'm happy its Ventura and not someone like Capello. I think we will see a young team take shape after we get smoked this summer in the quarters (or even earlier).

Darmian won't be leading anything if he has more shitty seasons like he did this year. I think you can make an argument that he was exposed as being rather average in the EPL this year. I love your front three though. I think at this point, those are the three most talented young players we have outside of Verratti and maybe Rugani. Berardi, Belotti, and Bernardeschi...no question, they should lead our frontline after Conte leaves (though I still believe that Gabbs can enter the equation once he goes on a team that will actually play him).

Been saying this same exact thing for months. This tournament feels like a missed opportunity with Conte at the helm. Any chance we have of making some noise will depend on how the Juve 3 perform (along with Buffon). The truth is that they never play as well internationally as they do domestically, so I'm skeptical. I expect a short run, before we get bounced. I have a feeling we will see a Belgium vs France final.

Baggionero repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Persona repped this.