News/Rumor: 2023 Chicago Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by willydonc, Sep 14, 2022.

1. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Let’s hope.

2. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
  3. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Underappreciated joke. Nice work. Giggling on the train.

xtomx and juicecrewallstar repped this.
  4. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    #1754 overlap_old_coach, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    upload_2023-3-23_18-49-55.png
    No DPs! and both Miggy and Sergio are unavailable due to international duty

Desired
    ….…….…Przybylko
    ...Mueller…Guti…MHS
    ..….Gimenez…Pineda
    DAA..Czichos..Teran..Dean
    ……….……..Brady​

but I expect Dean at LB and Souquet at RB

Attached Files:

schroncar repped this.
  5. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Could be exciting again. Just hoping for a better last 15 minutes. ( Also hoping Gutierrez looks good again.)

6. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    Hmm...a prediction found on Twitter...wonder if the thought is Pineda needs rest. And Burks at LB?
    [​IMG]

7. Mac97

Mac97 Member+

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, I'm glad that Guti's getting the experience.

bunge repped this.
  8. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Burks has quickly become the player I do not want to see starting most.

xtomx and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  9. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He will never be Collier.
    Also, just in general, Burks has definitely improved from where he was last season. But it's Omsberg who should be out there. He's earned it so much more.

goldclover and Mac97 repped this.
  10. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ezra said Aceves was available for selection. And also, if they don't bench Souquet and they think Aceves isn't ready yet, then they'll start Dean at LB. This doesn't make sense.

11. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    Agreed...a couple posts up I suggested:
    ….…….…Przybylko
    ...Mueller…Guti…MHS
    ..….Gimenez…Pineda
    DAA..Czichos..Teran..Dean
    ……….……..Brady​

goldclover repped this.
  12. Mac97

Mac97 Member+

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Given the reality we're faced with, I'd be good with this.

milicz, goldclover and lurak repped this.
  13. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    he’s looked good

next step is to look good for the full 90

Mac97 repped this.
  14. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    The #1 thing I want to see from Guti is to put some shots on target….and some going in.

For that matter, this is THE thing we need from our CAM. It can be argued the CAM should have more Assists than Goals, but they must provide some Goals!

Mac97 repped this.
  15. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Agreed. But the Fire have to run him out and give him the leash to do it. The Fire do not have a good track record here. I thought Husidic, Thiago, Mihailovic, and a few others (Capano? Shipp?) all deserved more opportunity to get the reins at CAM, but all were shunted to the wings without giving them a real chance in the middle. That's pretty typical in MLS unfortunately. The only MLS US player that I'm remembering who got a really good opportunity there was Kyle Martino with Columbus.

goldclover, bunge and xtomx repped this.
  16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I am not sure about Craig Capano (who only played about 500 minutes over 3 seasons), but agree on the rest.
    Thiago was basically brought in to be the replacement for Andy Williams, the last "true" No. 10 we have had (as far as I can remember). Thiago just was not that good.
    I think Shipp may have been good in that role, Husidic was good (when he played) and Mihailovic could be an effective player in that role.

17. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Herbers available or is he still injured? I am seeing conflicting reports. We may need him to provide some energy late in the match. Many Fire followers (including me) are in a sour mood right now. A good performance by the entire team resulting in a victory would greatly change the outlook for the season.

xtomx repped this.
  18. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    You guys left out the only player jersey I own, Sebastián Grazzini.

goldclover, Jiggly_333 and xtomx repped this.
  19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes! Thank you.

20. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    looks like Sergio scored the opener for the USA U-19 squad in their 3-1 win over Argentina

Mac97 repped this.
  21. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    saw Fire II signed a D from Brazil

can someone explain to me how Fire II works?

if a player blows up does the Fire senior team have automatic rights? can they move between rosters frictionlessly? can another team sign a guy off the Fire II roster without a trade?

22. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question. Lots of unknowns regarding the relationship and the rules and regulations between Fire and Fire II. Would be a great topic for an informational article or press conference.

23. Somewhat.
    I don't know. I presume there is some kind of first refusal right.
    Not on a Fire II contract.
    No.

Hope I helped some. Deep within the bowels of the MLS web site is a list of MLS Next Pro rules. Someday I'll check it out.

24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    https://www.mlsnextpro.com/about/

The MLS Next Pro website is atrocious.
    The roster guidelines do not mention anything about how players move from "Next Pro" teams to MLS teams.
    The "Fan Code of Conduct" is almost as long as the Roster Guidelines.
    Yes, the contracts are with the MLS Next Pro team and NOT the MLS team (so Fire II and not Fire).

From the regular MLS Roster Rules:
    There is a protection rule.
    There is the call up rule.
    There is a loan rule.
    If an international player signs their first professional contract with the MLS Pro team, they are a "homegrown" for the main team.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2023-mls-roster-rules-and-regulations

Affiliate Priority Players
    In addition to Homegrown Players and College Protected Players, clubs may have priority for up to seven players from their respective affiliates (MLS NEXT Pro / USL). Such players will not count towards the seven Discovery List slots. In order to retain priority on any additional affiliate players, such players must be added to an MLS club’s Discovery List.

Affiliate Short-Term Agreements
    A club may sign a player, age 25 or younger during the league season, from its affiliate (MLS NEXT Pro) to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) each season (maximum of 16 days).

An individual player may be included on up to four MLS league season match rosters each season, however, that player may appear in no more than two MLS league season matches. An individual player may appear in any number of non-league games during the terms of his four Short-Term Agreements.

A club may roster up to four players on Short-Term Agreements per MLS league season match, so long as they are Homegrown Players or Players earning less than or equal to the MLS Senior Minimum Salary ($85,444) with the affiliate. This number will be reduced to one player per MLS league season match after Roster Freeze (inclusive of MLS Cup Playoffs). Additional players may also be signed to Short-Term Agreements for MLS league season games but only in cases of Extreme Hardship.

International Player limits still apply to Short-Term Agreements, excluding callups for cases of Extreme Hardship.

Loan of a Player by MLS to Affiliate Club (MLS NEXT Pro / USL)
    • All loans from MLS clubs to its affiliates must be free (i.e., no loan fees paid by MLS NEXT Pro / USL affiliate clubs).
    • If an MLS player is loaned to an affiliate, such a player may not be paid more than the player's Salary Budget Charge without that compensation being captured on the MLS club's Salary Budget (including, but not limited to, performance bonus compensation).
    • An MLS club can receive roster relief and budget relief for a maximum of one player loaned to its MLS NEXT Pro or USL affiliate or a lower-division club in the U.S. or Canada; provided, however, that:
    • The player is under the age of 25 (i.e., he does not turn 25 prior to the end of the calendar year);
    • The player's Salary Budget Charge is less than or equal to the MLS Senior Minimum Salary (including any loan fees, transfer fees, agent fees, housing, car, etc.); and
    • The loan must be a season-long free loan;
    • The player has not appeared on a gameday roster for the MLS Club as of the beginning of the applicable loanee club’s season; and
    • The loan of the player to the loanee club must last for the remaining duration of the entire loanee club’s season; provided, however, that such a player may be recalled to his MLS club in the case of Extreme Hardship.

bunge and goldclover repped this.
  25. The only Fire II to Fire loan last season was GK Miskovic when Brady & Richey were unavailable. Probably the reason Ostrem got a lot of first team time in preseason was the thought he may be needed in a similar emergency. Signing Aceves made that less likely.

xtomx repped this.