News: Preston boss hits back at criticism from previous club Peterborough

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Preston boss Darren Ferguson reacted angrily to criticism from Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony after watching his North End side overcome Posh 1-0 at London Road.

Ferguson, who guided Posh to two successive promotions, made an acrimonious exit in November yet received a good reception from home fans.

"I'm not happy about what was said and have to defend myself against allegations of tapping up the Peterborough players and other items," said Ferguson.

"I got the club into the Championship for the second time in 75 years and we should just leave it like that. It seems like they're trying to ruin my reputation.

"I wish I didn't have to talk about those comments but I'm sure people appreciate my need to give my reaction."

Neil Mellor's 33rd-minute match-winner provided one of the few moments of quality in an otherwise flat game.

"It's obviously nice to get my first win as Preston manager," he said. "It's always important to get the first one on the board.

"I hope Posh stay up for the fans, the players and their manager Mark Cooper, but it will be hard for them."

More...