News: Por los clubes (revised)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by BigSoccer Bot, Nov 23, 2006.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Copa Libertadores 2007 - comentarios y discusion [R]

it sucks think that Tolima is a stronger team and has better players... would have been a more likely winner... but Cucuta smells like an upset of the likes of Once Caldas :)

it would be amazing going from 2nd division champs, copa mustang champs to liberatores champs... and they will prob win the copa america again this season... only bad thing is how long do u think they will be able to hold on to their players after copa america.... Mcnelly isnt goin to stay long....

2. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
  3. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Cúcuta sacó a Tolima y ya está en los octavos

En un partido intenso, duro, de mucha garra, digno de Copa Libertadores, Cúcuta derrotó este martes en la noche 3-4, en su visita, al Tolima y, de forma sorpresiva se clasificó a los octavos de final, junto al Gremio de Brasil.

More...

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Well, you never know, but certainly Cucuta is the best team in Colombia right now. I only hope that they get a favorable match for the next round, since being best in Colombia does not mean a very good team.

I regret two things:

1. That Tolima and Cucuta were on the same group, since both had fair chances to be in the next round.

2. Being both on the same group I think that Cucuta's early results were to blame at least partly on Pinto, who called M.C.Nelly for the friendlies, while Cucuta was playing very important matches in Libertadores. If Cucuta had 2 or 3 more points before last game, Tolima would have had a chance too.

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

el proximo rival puede ser el sao Paulo
    pero depende de resultados de Hoy

6. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City

El proximo rival del Cucuta sera el Toluca de Mexico, a los clubes Colombianos les an ido muy mal contra equipos Mexicanos, de todos los partidos el que mas me dolio fue el de Nacional contra America cuando nos metieron 4 en el Atanasio, la unica victoria que me recuerdo es el del Once Caldas contra Chivas en donde Tressor bombardio al pobre Oswaldo Sanchez.

Ojala que el Cucuta avanze ese partidaso contra el Tolima demostro que si tienen huev0s. Vamos Cucuta que salgan Campeones de America!!!

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

we had problems against Pachucha but lets be serious pacucha is just the best team in colombia haha they have 3 starters for our NT. CHivas is the best team in Mexico and so is America .... but Toluca isnt. Dont think that it will be as hard as people think. I say a tie in Mexico a victory in Colombia... we got Mcnelly :)

CUcuta is a complete team not like once who just had a really good manager and Elkin Soto and Viafara.... the whole team plays like a unit and have been for the past 2 years the best team in colombia, I have all the faith in the world they will do very well. The only thing that worries me is that alot of their players arent Cucuta players and they are going to loose them like Blaz... which will really weaken them for the rest of the tournie.... tho Cali is stupid if they take him because if Cucuta wins copa lib, Blaz is going to be worth alot of money and I dont think that he is better than Sergio Herrea.

8. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City

The players of Colombia might be better than the mexican players BUT you have to realize Mexican players outplay Colombian players ANY day as much as i hate to admit that it is the truth. The colombians care more about looking good and passing the ball around while the mexicans only have one thing on their mind and that is to win.

And another thing we always manage to get some fuc1{ed up referee like Elisondo or Chandia im telling you man sometimes i feel like its a conspiracy against the Colombian clubs.:confused:

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

i hate the mexican ref that looks like count dracula that guys is a loser... and thinks he is such a bad ass cause he is a ref .... I remember the semi final of copa oro when we played panama i went to the stadium and he robbed us of 2 goals... one slipped past the line of goal and he was like nope didnt see it.... and the 2nd one went in and then came out and nothing....

that and he likes givin yellows for no reason... how he was at the world cup is beyond me.... also why are 3 mexican clubs even invited to this tournie !!! when like 3 colombia clubs are and we are south american and have won this b4 !!! and 5 brasilian clubs on it in wtf.... no wonder they keep winning

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

you mean Mexican teams, I'll give you they are very effective, but their main guys are usually Uruguyans, Argentines, Paraguayans, Colombians, and Mexican NT players, so you can't compare a team (colombian) with two foreign players, to one that has 3 or 4 international NT players.

Its about the money, remember when America de Cali had money to have the best players from S.A. that team was a monster.

11. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Is not only the money...

You take an average Mexican player and compare it to an average Colombian, the colombian player has better technique. Let's be honest:

Colombianos le falta huevos y lo Mexicano si sudan la camisa....

12. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

If our best players stayed in our local clubs like they do in Mexico, we would do better than them in libertadores no doubt about it. Obviously Argentina and Brazil would outright destroy everyone else.

13. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

its also that all the mexican talent stays in mexico and all the colombian talent plays in other countries

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

agreed Mexico is going threw what colombia did in the 90s.... they better hope for their sake that it doesnt end because thats kind of what killed our NT, and now our league is just a feeder league to other leagues, a player is remotely promising and they sell him and kill his career... Montano, Abel Aguilar,Rodagella, Sergio Herrea... all players who left to early and now are suffering for it.

hope that aguilar, rodagella all come back and actually start playin because can still be good they are only 22-23.... Sergio came back and now is a monster, we need to build on our copa mustang and then we will be able to have a stronger NT. Selling a player the 2nd they do something good is dumb like they were goin to sell cardenas when he was 16 because he scored on Nacional, or selling Montero now because he had one good season, or Narizath because he did well in the sub 17. WHy not wait till these players actually make it into the 1st team in colombia before we sell them to be in the 1st team in europe or a big country in SA.

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

UNBELIVABLE!!! this is the word to describe Cucuta's first half vs. Toluca. the Mexicans scored in the first minute, lost one player in red card on 28th minute and then Cucuta exploaded. 4!!! 4 goals in 14 minutes. 32' , 34' , 41' , & 46. Juan Mertinez with amazing first half, 3 goals. Castro add another one. no doubt that Cucuta is the better team between the two and deserve to qualifying. even if they won't score on the second half, they should at least keep on cleen sheet, becouse Toluca won't beat them 3:0 next week. totally crush by the mexican after Morales's red card.

VAMOS CUCUTA!!!! :D

16. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006

******** YAAAA i dint even know they were gonna play tonight since they played dim last night dint they? neway what a freaking great thing to turn ur tv on to:D

17. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

they had their "B" team play DIM last night.

18. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

que palisa el cucuta le pego al toluca 5-1:eek: .... este equipo esta para cosas grandes.

19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I don't know why they always keep surprising me...maybe becouse I still see them as the team that qualified last year to Primera A...but correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think that any team had done it before. qualifying to the first division, they could get to the final in the first tournament but they were run out of luck at the end. I thought they wouldn't do good in the second semester, but they did even better. deserved championship, a place in the libertadores and even after Pinto left, they still remain a great team. start the Libertadores very slow, but managed to qualify in the last game in Ibague, they were the best team in Colombia so far, along side Nacional and Cali, and yesterday's game broke all the record. Cucuta doesn't have experience in this tournament. they recieved a quick goal at home after one minute. I was sure that they won't recover, but they did...FELICITACIONES CUCUTA!!! :D even that Toluca can win 4:0 and go through, I'm sure that Cucuta will give all they have, and my gamble is that the second match will end in a draw and Cucuta will probably meet Nexaca, who lost to Nacional in Uruguay 3:2, in the second round.

20. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

they still need to get through the game at Toluca, I hope they play smart like they played against Gremio.

21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I'm sure they will. Bernal is a good coach, he'll preper them not to be in uforia. still, 5:1 is a big advantage and should be enough to qualify.

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

the thing is Pibe almsot all Cucutas players are borrowed... and those teams want them back after the liberatores cup.... so next semester they will suck.... Mcnelly, Plaz, Bustos, Zapata will all leave to bigger clubs... its the story of colombian football. Tho I dont think they will leave till the liberatores cup is over because right now Cucuta is Colombia and everyone here is cheering them no matter what... because they are the only team that represents us right now. After the liberatories is over half of Cucuta is goin to europe, mexico or argentina.... its just the way our soccer is right now. No way Cucuta will be able to buy Plaz who doesnt have a buy option on his loan and after scoring 6 in lib he is worth too much for a colombian club, Mcnelly already was playin in europe and wants to go back, the rest of them seem like they wont stay there for loan and before long no matter who is coach this team will be demoted again.Tho for the time being I am happy and hope for another once caldas, because colombian football really need it

23. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

Don't forget the major money that comes from playing copa, so even though they won't be able to afford Blas, they'll be able to get players that will keep them atop; given they have a good manager and good administration.

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Bernal will leave if they steal all his players !!!! The players that are going to be taken are all loaned so they wont get money... its not like Once who were stupid and sold Viafara and Valenterria and Henoa and let Soto go for free.... CUcuta doesnt own anyone.

Hopefully they will make a deal with Cali were they can buy 50% of Blas and keep him in CUcuta because he said straight out he doesnt like cali and doesnt want to play their. Martinez is a loan I think from Argentinos Junior..... so bye to him too. Mcnelly is either Arg or Europe bound... hope he doesnt go back to Moscow tho :(....

CASTILLO IS SICK !!!!! been watchin videos of him on Utube the goals against Gremio and Tolima make him very exciting too bad he is 30 :(.

As for better news her is a link to the goals... all and all was a great and exciting game tho... Cucuta has a real real weak defense, and we saw that against tolima and toluca.... these teams couldnt capitalize on it but a team like Boca would kill us...they need to work on it.

25. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

can we please just enjoy the moment! this 'little team' from Colombia in it's 1st participation EVER in ANY int'l forum already has done more then most expected. And unlike Once Caldas, these "kids" play very well together. All the players they have were pretty much 'wash-outs' and have something to prove. They are one of the fastest collective teams in the tourney. Even when they were down 0-1 and Toluca had all their 11 guys, Cucuta was pressuring unbelievably. Who is that little "speedster" on the flank?:eek:
    And Castillo is a MONSTER! 30 yrs old may be enough for Pinto to give him a shot. Defense is a bit on the weaker side but I've seen worse. In the 1st phase they received 7 goals in 6 games (3 of which came in the last game). That's on par with teams like Toluca, Defensor, Sao Paolo. They play well at home and well as a visiting team. If they get to qtr finals which they now have a huge chance of doing, then they have overachieved.

Where's my buddy Dapip and his rationale about our 'low level' of football in Copa's? Cucuta- last champion in the Mustang, top 2 spots in the current tournament, qualified for the Colombian finals stage and yesterday blows out a team like Toluca 5-1.

Argentina started with 5 teams, they are down to 2 now, of which only 1 Argentino team can pass on.

I was reading this article and thought Dapip would finally get it:
    "Demasiados equipos argentinos en las Copas Sudamericanas"
    futbolperuano.com

De los veinte finalistas de las diez últimas ediciones de la Copa Libertadores hay 8 brasileños distintos, Palmeiras y Sao Paulo en dos oportunidades cada uno, Cruzeiro, Vasco da Gama, Santos, Sao Caetano, Atlético Paranaense e Internacional de Porto Alegre en una; dos colombianos Once Caldas y Deportivo Cali; un argentino Boca Juniors, en cuatro oportunidades, tres como campeón y una como subcampeón; un peruano Sporting Cristal; un ecuatoriano: Barcelona; un paraguayo: Olimpia y un mexicano: Cruz Azul.

Las dos últimas finales las jugaron dos equipos brasileños. Sao Paulo se impuso al Atlético Paranaense en el 2005, y el Internacional de Porto Alegre venció al Sao Paulo en la edición 2006.

El año pasado todos los equipos argentinos (12 en total) no pasaron de los cuartos de final, tanto en la Copa Libertadores de América (5) y en la Sudamericana (7), a pesar de la gran cantidad de equipos que participaron en ellas, en lo que yo llamo el síndrome de los cuartos de final para los equipos argentinos, pues si le agregamos la actuación de su selección en los mundiales, que desde 1990 NO LLEGAN A CUARTOS DE FINAL. Además no salen campeones en la Copa América desde 1993 en Ecuador.

De los 32 equipos que este año jugaron la Copa Libertadores de América 2007 en su etapa de liguillas, ocho de los once países que participaron han aportado algún equipo para estos octavos de final, que se distribuyen de la siguiente manera.

México clasificó a sus 3 equipos por lo que obtiene un 100% de efectividad.

Uruguay clasificó a sus 2 equipos con otro 100% de efectividad
    Brasil clasificó a 5 de sus 6 equipos con una efectividad del 83.3%
    Chile clasificó a 1 de sus 2 equipos con una efectividad del 50%
    Paraguay clasificó a 1 de sus 2 equipos con una efectividad del 50%
    Venezuela clasificó a 1 de sus 2 equipos con una efectividad del 50%
    Argentina clasificó a 2 de sus 5 equipos con una efectividad del 40%
    Colombia clasificó a 1 de sus 3 equipos con una efectividad del 33.3%
    Ecuador 0 de 3 con 0% de efectividad
    Bolivia 0 de 2 con 0% una efectividad
    Perú 0 de 2 con 0% de efectividad.

Estas consideraciones demuestran que se tiene que hacer una corrección inmediata en la cantidad de cupos que deben de tener los equipos por país en las Copas Libertadores y Sudamericana.

Brasil es la potencia sudamericana y debería de mantener o aumentar la cantidad de equipos en las dos Copas.

México debería asegurarse una mayor participación, recordemos además, que el Pachuca es el campeón vigente de la Copa Sudamericana al derrotar al Colo Colo de Chile en la final del 2006.

Argentina debería perder varios cupos, pues las actuaciones de sus equipos así lo ameritan.

Los representantes de los otros países deben de mantener los actuales cupos, tal vez Bolivia debería de perder alguno.

Igual cosa debe de suceder cuando se elijan a las cabezas se serie. No pueden ser siempre cuatro equipos argentinos y cuatro brasileños, cuando no lo ameritan.