News & Media II: Articles, photos, videos, etc.

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Bonnie Lass, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your 1999 Women’s World Cup Final starting 11
    1999.png

Isn’t it weird/strange that arguably the two least prominent - discussed - recognized starters in that Match in the 15 years after………… now both occupy positions at the very pinnacle of the USSF organization?

2. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting to watch these older games and hear future roster predictions and what the WWC 11, 15, and 19 holds.... lol well we know what happens now! :D:D

3. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I remember Matkgraf as being pretty dominant/key to our backline. She was the speed there. Chastain was still learning the defensive mindset/positioning.

4. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    **** SPOILER ALERT ****
    oharakelley_WWC-USA-GER-6-30-2015-2678.jpg

McSkillz repped this.
  5. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lets get this forum pumped up!

jnielsen and jackdoggy repped this.
  6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Klingo3034 repped this.
  7. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm always a little skeptical of the authors' intelligence when I don't recognize the name attached to a particular article.
    "The U.S., though, has routinely loaded up and reloaded with legends being replaced by legends and World Cup winners giving way to the next generation of world-beaters."
    This dude - Ryan Tolmich is obviously a member of Mensa International.

I firmly believe that in the next 2-6 years, we will see that Kate Markgraf has successfully transferred her badasserie from the Pitch to the Boardroom.

8. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is often said that genius/talent skips a generation so I am patiently waiting for the grandchildren of the WNT from 1999-2019 to get to maturity.

I will say, however I am a bit disappointed in Mia and a couple of others. They had twins but I really thought they would go for the hat trick. :laugh::cool::p:rolleyes:

9. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Waiting for Julie Ertz's child to step up.:p Combine with the genes of her husband. Nobody will mess with that future USWNT star in the next 3 decades no matter what they do, no matter how hard they trained or even take steroids.

But in all seriousness we are seeing very highly talented players in U-17s and 20s. Probably even 19s and so on. Can't follow them all. Our talent pool is huge!

jnielsen repped this.
  10. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I watched the U20s a bit and I was impressed by quite a few of them. In particular a young lady named Rodman really looked to be about ready to burst into the full national side. There were others that were quite impressive but Rodman looked to be one of the two or three that already had the sophistication to move up a level or two. And yes folks she is the daughter of one Dennis Rodman. Also she is one of the youngest of the group. She will be age eligible for the next U20 WWC as well as the one that is/will be canceled this year.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Was surprised. Figure she be playing basketball.

12. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You would be amazed at the number of athletes that ended up playing a different sport from their parents. One of the more famous was Kyle Rote Jr. His father was one of the best American Football players of his era and Jr went on to be one of the best US soccer players of his era.

It seems that a lot of kids want to avoid the pressure that playing the same sport as their parent would bring. But, particularly in Hockey, there are also a huge number that do follow their parents. I do not remember the names right now but I remember seeing a piece showing that two brothers and one of their sons were playing for a team that was coached by the brothers' father. And there are some families that have had at least one member in the NHL pretty much since its beginning.

13. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3588 lil_one, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    jnielsen repped this.
  14. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhhhhhhhh yes, the age old philosophical question - - If a USWNT Match is canceled that was never announced........was it ever scheduled???? hhmm HHHMMM.

Now I am p1ssed, would have enjoyed seeing what they have these days and taking them down a few notches. Can't wait for the '15 Semi-Final Match tomorrow.

15. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pregame show with Jill Ellis on US Soccer's YouTube channel:

1246949590567436295 is not a valid tweet id

jackdoggy, jnielsen and Klingo3034 repped this.
  16. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those pre-match interviews are priceless.
    Another non-US broadcast of the Match.......it's like a whole new Match!!!!!!!!

jnielsen repped this.
  17. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, this is fun. Sam Kerr and Alyssa Naeher will have a discussion on Instagram live on who would have won the friendly between Australia and the USWNT.

jnielsen and Semblance17 repped this.
  18. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Only way that’s going to resolve it is playing FIFA between the two.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany vs USA, 2015 WC semis,

Wanted to know the American perspective German fans will always think they were cheated by the ref in this game:
    Julie Ertz pulls A. Popp on the shoulder from behind inside the penalty area, should of Julie gotten an red card?
    Alex Morgan got the foul & PK, but double checking, the contact was made right before she entered the penalty box & it didn't look like she even got tripped, but just flung herself into the German players(shouldn't of the call really been on her?)

20. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

21. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jnielsen repped this.
  22. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  23. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just need a safe place to say that I'm not happy about this. I do love the 2019 home jersey (still not a fan of the away one), but obviously the only right answer in this whole jersey bracket was the Waldo jersey. ;) But really.

25. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forget watching that episode of The Office for the 5th time - - good stuff here:
    Ali Krieger & Ashlyn Harris on The Cooligans