News: Ljungberg to honour Seattle contract

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 26, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

Freddie Ljungberg will honour the second year of his two-year contract with the Seattle Sounders.

The former Arsenal and West Ham star has decided to not pursue a contract in Europe and will return to Seattle next week to prepare for the upcoming MLS season with his teammates.

Ljungberg was unsure of a potential lockout for MLS players last week and stated that he may join a club in Europe but his fears have now been eased and he will saddle up with Seattle for 2010.

"Based on the latest news I've heard from both sides, there won't be a lockout or strike on Feb 1. So from Feb. 1 I will be with my team in Seattle trying to help them become the best team in America,” he wrote on his personal blog.

"I have handled this situation with the respect and dignity that the Seattle fans deserve. I don't believe that players should look to manufacture moves to other clubs by involving the media, as this is disrespectful to their club and fans," Ljungberg continued. "I hope you understand that this situation was out of my control but I can say that I am truly happy that it has been resolved and I will be returning to Seattle."

More...