News: Laws urges Burnley players to keep their heads at Bolton

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 25, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Burnley boss Brian Laws has told his players not to get carried away in their clash at Bolton Wanderers.

More than 5,000 Burnley fans are expected to make the short trip to Bolton and are sure to leave Owen Coyle in no doubt that they feel betrayed by his defection to their Lancashire rivals.

Laws, whose side have not won away all season, or in any of their last 10 games, is looking for his first positive result after defeats in both of his first two games in charge.

Laws said: "We have to be very focused and channel the aggression, the upset and the turmoil in the right way and play our football in the right way.

"The last thing we want to do is channel it in the wrong way and for all hell to break loose."

Laws believes the players will not be distracted by the fact they are taking on Coyle's team but admits it adds some extra spice to the occasion.

"Footballers are footballers - they may be upset for 48 hours but they move on quickly and this is an opportunity to show everyone they are good enough to play in the Premier League," said Laws.

"As for me, I was always going to come up against him at some time so I might as well get it over with.

"It does adds spice to the game - and this is the kind of spice I was dreaming of experiencing as a Premier League manager. This is the place to be."

More...