News: Jervis thrilled with Birmingham debut

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 26, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Birmingham City's teenage striker Jake Jervis was thrilled with his FA Cup debut in their win at Everton.

The 18-year-old came on as a 79th minute substitute in place of Christian Benitez in the 2-1 triumph.

"I only knew I was going to be in the squad that was travelling up to Everton after training on Friday," Jervis told bcfc.com. "Because I didn't have too much time to dwell on it, it made it easier.

"I hadn't been told beforehand that I would be going on but I was ready to go if I was called upon and I was.

"I was on the pitch for about 15 minutes but it seemed a lot longer than that at the time. The pace of the game was incredible and I also had to get up to the tempo because I'd come on so late.

"I wasn't afraid of getting stuck in and I didn't want to give them too much respect. I was told to try and get hold of the ball, win headers and be strong and I thought I did okay and handled myself well out there.

"I didn't fell like I was fazed or out of my depth out there, so it was very good."

More...