News/Info on MagicJack

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by MRAD12, Jul 18, 2011.

1. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    well good for danny boy..we owe him our lives !! LOL wonder how much extra money she got for that quote...

2. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Jeff Kassouf posted on Twitter clarifying the possible move to Lockhart stadium that was reported in yesterday's Sun-Sentinel article.

http://twitter.com/#!/JeffKassouf/status/96254150991560706
    http://twitter.com/#!/JeffKassouf/status/96254728341692416

3. seCrawler

seCrawler New Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santa Fe Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The WNY game would probably draw something similar to Rochester, so that makes sense. I think he should consider the Philly game also. I think you can market Kai and A-Rod coming to town. They sell tickets for $8-$13, so that's the best bargain in town.

4. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit really, the August 10 game? That night USA-Mexico is on TV and the Strikers are playing at 8:00 on the road. We're having a watch party for that in Hollywood.

I've been trying to organize all the Strikers supporters and AO South Florida guys to get together for a big outing to one of the games but the timing has sucked.

Tonight a bunch of people are getting together to watch the MLS All Star game, Saturday night we'll all be at the Strikers game(and before that all day at the Miami Soccer Fest), August 3rd is Barcelona-Chivas at Sun Life, and the 10th is USA/Mex/Strikers/Stars watch party. The only one where their isn't a conflict is that last game on the 14th I believe. I guess we'll have to show up big to close out the season.

5. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    where is all that magictalk now...usually this board is blowing up..where has ever gone to? :rolleyes:

6. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Applying for the coaching Job at MJ

7. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    The capacity of FAU soccer stadium with expanded, temporary seating is now 3,050, plus standing room only.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/soccer/fl-soccer-magicjack-blue-0728-20110727,0,3541159.story
    Here's a photo of part of the seating.

8. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    magicdan fans are like bruce willis, die hard. have you not seen the new web site? now, that's fan commitment.

5-6-2 has nothing to do with the players. can you say, All Owner?

make sure you vote for the right person for rookie of the year, not vote for a popularity contest.

9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keelin Winters?

;)

You know I'm just pulling your chain and teasing out of fun.

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i'd consider her if she could figure out how to hold possession for more than 5 secs. i'm cool with anyone but the pink hair band girl. it's fixed if that happens.

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great idea! Let's discuss it Saturday night.

For all of that, I still want to make the WNY game.

13. Gator0595

Gator0595 New Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sorry for posting this in the wrong section. Im new to the site so I cant make my own thread yet... But I was wondering if there was any place to purchase magicJack apparel? Im going to the game on Aug 10th against the WNY Flash and I wanted to get a t-shirt or something. Do they sell them at the games? Thanks!

14. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it better to buy with ticketmaster or can I just buy at the venue (cheaper)?

I'm going to Saturday's game.

15. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought with Ticketmonster because I did not want to risk standing....

16. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    me too...i bought on ticket master too

17. Gator0595

Gator0595 New Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I just called the FAU ticket office and you give them your info and they will get the ticket for you. All you have to do is pick them up... I think their cheaper if you call to (I didnt check ticket master prices)

18. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    magicJack won big and my MOM got Abby Wambach's autograph! LOL.

I'll post same game impressions tomorrow after I upload some pics....

19. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I made the game and it was fun, only had to pay for 2 of my 3 kids!!!( yeah!) My little was deemed little enough.:D

Anyways, it was my first Women's Professional game of any sport and it was awesome. I stand by my earlier sentiment that women's soccer is by far the best women's sport to watch. They are powerful, skillful, relentless and ruthless.

In the second half Shannon Box went rambo and attacked the ball right outside the 18 and destroyed a defender along the way, recovered, kept her balance and dished to ( I forget, I think it was Press) and led to a very cool goal. All 20 feet in front of me.

In the first half, Christen Press made a run through the midfield where she dribbled through many defenders drew in the defense and dished a nice ball out left to Rapinoe who crossed a beautiful precise pass to Abby for the score. ( much to the delight of the full crowd) ( I don't know if it was a sellout)

Rapinoe was her usual awesome self and she even tried to "rainbow" a player. Maybe too showy? Still fun to see.

The main impression I was left with was that Christian Press is one hell of a player. She dribbles with speed and deftness, has her head up and is always in a dangerous position. She's a player who can create from nothing. Is she on the radar for the USWNT because I'm telling you, she looked special. Star potential? What's the scoop on her. ( she also scored a hat trick tonight!)

Overall was a great night ( although hot at first) and I will definitely try to see another game before season's end. I want to go to the Flash game to see Martha but I work that night.

My whole family loved the experience and my oldest daughter loved it.

20. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was brutal until the sun finally sank behind that one cloud! Then it felt like the ac was turned on...

21. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must've been a great game to watch in person! I hope they put the highlights online somewhere. Many of us were at Lockhart watching another shutout win for the local club, 3-0 Strikers over Edmonton.

Happy night for South Florida soccer fans!

22. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even know if she's ever even been invited to a full national team camp. They've usually been bringing Wambach, Cheney, Rodriquez, Morgan, and LeRoux as their five forwards for camp.

She should, and likely will, get a call up for their next camp.

23. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A very nice experience.We got there very early because we did not to wait in line in the heat, and probably didn't need to. 3 people for Will Call and 3 more selling tickets, seemed well organized. Kept in the shade under a sponsor's tent for awhile.

Heat was brutal, I was laughing at Boston's extended warm-up, saying they are going to die mid game, and I was right, think MJ warmed up about 10 minutes less, good job Coach Abby.

Nice capacity crowd 3000+, center circle seats were GA but had individual seating, rest were bench seating.

MJ has a bunch of offensive talent and were not really tested defensively, guessing Boston would be more dangerous if Cheney was healthy. But the MJ offense tore apart the Boston defense, which had 3 Nats starting.

Abby played the first half, scored the first from Rapinoe cross,and had a brilliant flick to Press for the second. She is hurting though,clearly limping in a way not really shown on TV during the cup.

Love Rapinoe's game, always looking for the killer move, pass or cross. Sometimes a little to much Mustard(good nickname for her due to style and hair) but makes the game fun. Defense lead by Rampone and Sauerbrunn looks good, except left back Ellertson seems like she fights the ball a lot.

Press had a bizarre game, for the first 30 minutes she was poor and I was thinking this girl is where their offense goes to die, and then she scores 3.:)Nice finishing and some nice moves too. Guess she needed to just get rolling.

They signed a lot of autographs, and used to take pics with the fans before the crowds. Some pre WC regulars sat near us and showed nice pics of players and their kids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.