News/Info on MagicJack

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by MRAD12, Jul 18, 2011.

1. NashvillePainter

NashvillePainter New Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WNY is sold out b/c Wombat is Rochester's sweetheart. Can you blame 'em? I'm just jealous :)

(tho I can't complain, since I'm <4 hours from a WPS outlet, unlike most of the rest of the country. I'm really thinking of trying to start up some sort of local fan club...east TN is home to the best college women's basketball program in the country...we're natural territory, I think.)

2. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
  3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I went on Ticketmaster website to see if you could buy a ticket for the MJ vs. WNY game on Wed. August 10th in Boca raton and it said no tickets available.

Does that mean it's sold out? Can anyone who knows or lives in that area find out for us? Thanks.

4. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on past experience with Ticketmonster, it means they are not offering them that far in the future yet.

As far as news, local sportstalk on 760 was talking WNT and mentioned MJ a couple of times.

Not all the talk was flattering, the host said, "We need to respect them enough as pro athletes to be able to say they choked, just as we would a Men's team". Weird!

5. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems to be the theme several sports mavens are spouting now.

6. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Could be. I bought mine a few days ago through TM, but got the "2nd pricing tier". I still don't know what that is, but whatever the 1st tier is, it was already gone at that point. If nothing's available now, my guess is it's a sellout unless they decide to add more seats. I'll let you know how it is :)

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found on magicJack's facebook page today:

8. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, Palm Beach County had the 3rd highest TV ratings in the nation for the WWC Final, so there seems to be an audience here to attract.....

9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If someone can actually market the team. And you know, get the word out about tickets...

10. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the owner seems to be talking to the Palm Beach Post at least.

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just did a quick (and probably flawed search) and didn't find any new articles. Do you have links? Thanks.

12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is an "old" one with direct quotes:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/magical-day-for-magicjack-owner-players-as-u-1597894.html

Here is one from Sunday which implies club contact re seating capacity:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...soccer-players-returning-to-suit-1618123.html

I'm pretty sure I saw a quote in the dead tree addition Monday, as well about evaluating their seating options. Does not seem to be on the website.

I guess the bottom line is, they are not chasing away the reporter.....

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I knew my search was flawed -- didn't see the 2nd one you posted.

14. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Talking to Borislow generally hasn't been the issue.

15. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he ran off Jeff?

16. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Yes, but that's because Jeff had this pesky habit of trying to talk to players and coaches.

17. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I get you now. Clearly, the owner has been following the Miami Dolphins' media policy guidelines.

It would be really dumb to not let the local press talk to the WC players when they return, but we shall see.....

18. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is also against WPS policy to not make coaches and players available to the press. But that didn't stop Borislow. Neither did being fined and suspended...

19. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I wonder if the players are scared of him, that's why they don't talk to anyone?
    It seems Ella Masar left the team and came back. In a major US sport we would have known that the minute it happened. But other then some rumors, nothing official was known about this.

20. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They know who signs their paycheck and how quickly he can stop paying that check and they'll be fired. And the league isn't stable enough nor large enough for them to be assured of future soccer gigs if they get fired.

21. pattrickwolf

pattrickwolf New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    U turn on Masar, im hearing she is back. Rollercoaster ride, I think he came to his senses or the team finally said OK she goes we all go IDK but she should be there for WNY game

22. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    but most of them that have been let go have guaranteed contracts...but remember money doens't matter to him...talk back or stand up your gone but you still get your check...

23. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Since people may be looking for news on MJ, I'll post this on this thread as well.

Abby Wambach to become player/coach:

http://mo.palmbeachpost.com/sports/u-s-soccer-hero-abby-wambach-will-become-1633499.html

24. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I just got off the phone with magicJack tech support where a nice young lady named "Abby" was able to help me troubleshoot my problem and get my phone working again :D

25. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beau Dure's espnW piece about mJ and the owner/coaching situation. Some juicy tidbits there.

Give Beau page views. And click through an ad so espnW knows people like to read his stuff.