News/Info on MagicJack

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by MRAD12, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    LOL! And I haven't laughed all day.

And you're probably more spot on than you think..

2. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007

So when abby and alex advertise the same thing that is ok? And Tarpley is out with an injury and thus no longer in Boca and people are not criticizing her for not still "supporting the team" by sitting on the bench for every match. Honestly, no matter what she did many would not be happy.

3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guarantee you the avg person wouldn't remember if tarpley was an alternate let alone a positional starter on the NT. hope is the #1 commodity coming out of the WP, so she should do her roll like Abby. I bet she wont say no thank you when Dan pays her six figs next season if it happens. showing up and waving her good hand wont hurt. ACL is a hard call. you are comparing an inj which limits walking to an injury which limits getting race cars for fees.

4. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2005 when Tarpley was injured (during NT duty) and playing for NJ Wildcats. She was at the championship game when the Team made the final and won. Again, where she is at in her recovery is the big issue and she got hurt early in the season

As Newssouth said, she is not the current face of WPS.. Abby will be at the final... Great gesture on her behalf

And all the boston players, injured and non rostered were with their team in Florida

5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad that so many people are finally seeing through Hope Solo....Welcome to the club, step right in!!

For the record, there were 2 Boston Breakers not in Boca, Ifeoma Dieke was in Scotland for NT duty and Kasey Moore was home preparing for surgery the next day....

Cross, Davis & Spisak drove to Boca...others flew down on their own dime...

I'm sure if Hope told WPS/magicJack she would attend they would have tripped over themselves getting her First Class tickets...but she couldn't be bothered....

Hope is bigger than WPS...and her teammates.

6. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I could repp you Revs fan

7. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one was happy to hear Abby would be at the final after failing to show up at the semifinal...

1 person likes this.
  8. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She did sign for people once she came out of the locker room. She could have just hopped on the van and left

9. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL... that's just cold!

10. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The amount of people freaking out over Hope Solo and her showing up or not showing up (and for that matter, Abby Wambach) is pretty funny to me. I don't care whether she shows up or not and I don't care if Solo is done with the WPS or not. So long as she's healthy and ready for the Olympics for the USWNT, I'm fine with her doing whatever the heck she wants. If this means, chilling out, going canoeing, then whatever. Have fun.

I'd like the WPS to survive, but the WPS is not and should not be about one person. People should watch the game for the game not whatever peripheral people show up.

11. angrybluebaby

angrybluebaby New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hope got a lot from the WC, good for her - don't mind she's not spouting WPS everywhere, because what this league needs is long term passionate supporters of the game who love the sport - not a bunch of impressionable star struck borderline obsessives. Their interest in the sport will live and die by the Solo cult. Remember how big Mia was and what happend to WUSA - don't want WPS to repeat

12. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like it or not She is one that people want to see, It is somewhat about team loyalty and Promoting the league... Rampone has publicly said she would take less money in order for the league to survive or to pay some of the less paid players more. I think Abby would too... Hope would not.

Hope never learned from those who came before her... Personally, the USWNT does not need Hope. She did not get them into the WWC and Pia's loyalty to certain players that did not perform or needed to SHOT UP to play almost cost them the Brazil game... definately cost them the sweeden game.

Thanks Hope, it should be Barnhart's turn now

13. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Sorry. It's nice if players do this out of the goodness of the heart, but there is no obligation nor should they feel the need to. It's a professional league and bigger than one player, no matter how popular she is. This implies some marketing done by the league for itself.

No idea if she would or not since she hasn't said one way or other.

Are you saying this because you dislike Hope personally or because Barnhart is better? If Hope is better than Barnhart and gives us the best chance to win, then play her. I don't care if she ends up effing around during the rest of the year if she's the best when it comes to the Olympics or the World Cup. And if her team doesn't like her effing around, then they can choose to exercise the option that everyone else does: cut her and not pay her. Clearly, mJ is willing to take the financial hit to keep her on their roster.

(Seriously, should? If Barnhart is better than Hope, she'll play. If not, then she won't. This isn't the fair where everyone gets a turn on the ride.)

The USWNT is not a sorority. Play the best players. As a fan, I may disagree with the coach on who those best players are but I don't disbelieve that the coach chooses who to play based on who she believes plays the best and who will give us the best chance of winning.

14. katie14

katie14 Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Ohio

15. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    The entire WPS front office has six people, and Borislow wants to cut it.

That said, I'm a little uneasy with asking players to shoulder so much of the burden. I'm amazed at how many autographs these players sign after games. When does that end?

16. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And "front office" is a "WPS Internet cloud" and not a physical location.

17. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When people no longer worry if there will be a next season.. There is no harm in promoting the WPS when you have the audience.... But you will never here that there is a wps from DWTS...

There are alot of fans out and about who would watch, but they have no knowledge that a league exists...

BTW... Barnhart is better because Hope has an unreliable and painfull shoulder...like it or not it does limit her... hurt to watch her play. No she is not as good as she was prior to getting shot up

18. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. EyesOnBall

EyesOnBall Member

Jun 14, 2004
    From Steve Goff's Facebook page;

WPS terminates Fla-based Team Formerly Known as Wash Freedom. Awaiting nutty owner's response.

Wow...wonder what happened.

20. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, we needed the Laughs, this is a conspiracy to Get Abby To WNY !!!!

21. AMBreakers

AMBreakers Member

Boston Breakers, Boston Univ. Women's Soccer, Norwich City, Charleston Battery
    Jun 21, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be a real shame. Super Team won the league in 2010 and 2011, and would have won in 2009 if not for the red card in the final.

If abby goes to WNY, then Sinclair must go...or else another ho-hum year for WPS and championship-less year for the actual teams with passionate support, Boston and Philly.

22. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    has he replied he would sue to get his franchise back? this is a joke. you lose teams because they can't afford to exist, not get rid of them because you don't like the owner. what kind of mess is this?

and hope solo is still grabbing all the money she can get her hands on, still milking the world cup. will she even be ready for next season?

23. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  24. angrybluebaby

angrybluebaby New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    could be wrong but

sounds like Lyon didn't want to start Abby and some other NT players. Abby wasn't happy, went straight to Dan - who wanted to make the most of his star power and sided with Abby - made Lyon change his lineup/strategy a few times

Lyon was pissed he was bypassed by Abby and as he said his position undermined. His gripe is not with Dan (who he said before he understood was a business man and saw things that way) but his uncooperative players like Abby. Because if he had the backing/respect from the key players, Dan would've been able to impose the change to Lyon.

He sounds supportive of the new/developing players and quit because the NT players were coming back and he could see his power as coach going again

also explains why Abby has been so supportive of Dan throughout this weird season

i've also wondered why Rampone didn't take the coach's helm rather then Abby (maybe she was some what empathetic to Lyon, whom she worked with for Sky blue's championship)