News: News: General 2012-2013 Ligue 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, May 24, 2012.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    we need Strasbourg back ASAP ,would be a great project for a investors ,new stadium , players , etc...

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah they got screwed getting put into a tough group this season.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    [​IMG]
    They only won 2 matches all year. They can avoid the drop but they need to start winning now and it will be very hard because 6 teams get relegated this year because they are going back to 18 clubs next year.

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    All for a player that they sent off the following year...damn what a blow to Nantes ambitions.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well they are appealing it.

9. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Le Mans facing bankruptcy at the end of the season unless they get a cash injection of at least 7M euro, might be a new strasbourg in the making.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They should be able to find a buyer to "save" the club. Nice city, nice stadium, people all over the world want to invest in football.

11. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    How can they be financially viable under FFP with attendance of 4000 per game. The only draw for an investor is the name and location and the desire to throw money down the drain.

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Tours is alot nicer than Lemans that's my opinion ! we need a new stadium ,we are getting a new tram this summer ,we have an airport and alittle more people than Lemans

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    on a vacation to brittany with the family years ago we spent the night in le mans on the way out and in tours on the way back. my impressions may be colored by how lovely the weather was that evening but i found tours a lovely place to walk around in, very elegant. on the whole i would consider it a much nicer town than le mans.

le mans i know much better, i go there on business several times a year. it is on the whole rather dreary. that said, stacked up against tours' place plumereau (actually only one facade of it is truly interesting) le mans has an entire quarter, le vieux mans, which is one of the jewels of france's patrimoine architecturelle, and which has remained very much a real living neighborhood, unlike places like les baux de provence, saint-paul-de-vence, vezelay or montmartre which have become caricatures of themselves.

now one of my favorite full-contact sports : cathedral cage fighting.

in this corner, hailing from tours, a monumental 100 meters long, completed in 1547, comprising every fashion of gothic architecture known to god or man and culminating at a dizzying 69 meters, i give you Saint-Gatien!

and in this corner, founded in 1060 and never truly completed, boasting a surprising double nave both romanesque and gothic, its situation on the hill of the old town making it tower over the countryside of the sarthe department : Saaaaaiiint Julien!

personally, though it has a very unprepossessing western facade, is constantly in need of repair and is altogether hodgepodge, i think the cathedral in le mans is one of the most interesting in france, even the world. i'm especially endeared to the prehistoric menhir propped up beside the entrance. a fascinating artifact in itself and the juxtaposition of the religious symbols old and... very old is delightful.

the cathedral in tours is just too perfect for me. too ornate, and the towers are, well, hideous. it's the world's largest wedding-cake. but the stained glass is a saving grace, among the finest in france.

14. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  15. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Auxerre kicked our butts out of nowhere, Tours was winningup 2-0 and we were showing some good game Yaya Sanogo HAT TRICK!!! kill us
    Yaya Sanogo is a world class player "next cisse"
    PSG should sign him [​IMG]http://www.lfp.fr/joueur/sanogo-yaya

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    This may be harsh but I dont think they will see L1 for a long time again if ever. Small town in the middle of nowhere, in modern football thats a 2nd to 5th division level club. Lens is way different because they have more fan support and are right near the big city.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Clash of ligue 2
    As Monaco Fc vs Fc Nantes ​
    [​IMG]
    FC NANTES - ASM FC IN CLOSED TICKET OFFICES

No more ticket is for the sale for the summit meeting of this 30th day of L2 which will quarrel on Saturday at 2 pm. 36 000 supporters will thus stream towards Beaujoire to see evolving the first one against the second of L2.
    In the opening of the rent, 21 000 tickets had been sold... A record influx this season in League 2 for a game in the " flavor of League 1 " as underlined it in press conference yesterday Emmanuel Rivière, who discovers since a few weeks the L2.
    In the stand visitor, Jean-Paul Chaude, President of the CSM waits for more than 500 voices Red and Blanche. Bus of Paris, Monaco, vehicles of Toulouse or still Bourgogne will take the road from Nantes.
    "Which craze, the poster is beautiful and it is as well the proof as Monaco remains a big club and keep a place except for in the heart of the amateurs of the French football " concludes Jean-Paul Chaude.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    President of Le Harve needs to read that. He's a dink who wants ASMs headquaters relocated to France. Probably jealous because Le Harve will never fill up a stadium because no one wants to watch them

21. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the game is on early tomorrow 14:00 french time beinsport !
    8am over here....

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i do prefer Le harve over Caen tho... if i had to pick the two evils lol

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Beaujoire is probably my favorite French stadium.