News: News: General 2012-2013 Ligue 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, May 24, 2012.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I like Le Harve's new logo.

[​IMG]

AfrcnHrbMan and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. Fobal klub

Fobal klub Member

Feb 27, 2004
    France
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Monaco- Tours game highlights : from Monaco's official website :

3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Monaco beat the living crap out of us yesterday Monaco looked amazing ! Jérémy Blayac red card make us drop a bus in the second half other than i think tours can jump off this lost !

Saison 2012/2013 - 1ère journée
    Lundi 30 juillet 2012 - Stade Louis II
    6 075 spectateurs / 24°

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The National started last night. I have no idea who will go up since its so hard to predict but I guess Metz is the favorite since they just went down, are pro, and have the highest budget. I hope one of the Paris trio (PFC, Creteil, Red Star) can finish top 3 but its probably a long shot.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  5. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Seems like Monaco will sign River Plate's Ocampos for €14 millions.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Seems like they are trying to copy PSG. :D Not as much as they are paying for Lucas Moura but in this current climate 14m for a teenage talent is still a lot.

7. Foursixzero

Foursixzero New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  9. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Pogba is 19. He shouldn't have gone to Man U obviously, but many have made the same mistake. Maybe he shouldn't have gone to Juve either, but it's much too early to call him a flop. And Kakuta is coming back to France - Marseille, Lille, Lyon? according to him. I'm glad he realized where he will be better off. Good for L1.

SuperSebGrimaldi repped this.
  10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Obertan and N'Gog were flops as well. I guess Varane at Madrid is looking like the best signing of those young players who went abroad. A bunch of youth PSG players went to teams like Ajax and Fulham so we'll see how they do.

11. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    The signing of Obertan at Manchester is still beyond my understanding. He was just coming back from a loan at Lorient that was a failure and he went to M.U. Ideally, he should have been loaned another year in L2.

As for Kakuta, if Marseille and Lyon are really interested in him it's just a sign of their poor finances because his loan at Dijon was a failure and his mentality is disastrous.

12. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think he's still injured currently. :(

Pogba wasn't a flop. Kakuta actually started brilliantly at Chelsea with their youth team but never advanced in years after. So he deserves the label at this point. It's really sad because he could have been something... though it doesn't look that way right now. I don't know too much admittedly regarding Ntcham though I agree that poaching isn't a good thing.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lens and Nantes are off to good starts. Nantes is in 3rd with 8 pts and Lens has 6 pts.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    [​IMG]
    Goal scoring machine. Even more amazing that he came out of nowhere.

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone heard of a player named Emilio Oman-Biyik? He is supposed to play for LB Chateauroux. I do not see him on the club listing I wonder if he transferred, or perhaps plays for a B squad.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    quite a question there ceezmad. quite a question.

that's him first on the left, seated. as you can see he's what is commonly called une belle plante.

[​IMG]

this is the U-19 squad which has not started their season yet. so in a way he's on the "C" squad (LBC's reserves play in CFA2).

his name was known to me, and sure enough his father was François Omam-Biyik who had a respectable career in france with a couple of adventures in italy and mexico, and 75 caps for cameroon.

emilio has a choice of three nationalities: mexican since he was born there while papa played for Club America. Cameroonian because of his parents, and apparently french (that's the nationality listed on the chateauroux website) as well because he's been here from a very young age.

his wiki article is only in spanish, mexico seems to have the greatest interest in him.

ceezmad repped this.
  17. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Guignol, very risky to go with only 1 GK ;) :p

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Creteil leading the Championnat National after 9 rounds. Bit of a surprise I guess. Metz right behind them. Not a surprise.

20. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Hey sportboy, you seem knowledgable about Ligue 2. any info/history/current on Sedan? will be in the area at the end of october for a while. might see a game or two if possible.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Im not that knowledgable, There are many here more knowledgable than me.;)

22. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I'm 3 weeks late but La Beaujoire was full for Nantes - Angers. It was pretty cool. Hopefully they will go up with Monaco.

23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Yeah. Me too. Its about time Nantes were back in L1

NicolasN. and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    RC Lens vs ea Guingamp
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]
    i'm hoping for a big win for LENS!!!!!

Nantes
    Monaco
    Lens

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    FC Nantes are the "winter champions." Creteil are the winter champs in the National. Strasbourg is in 6th place in CFA A, 35 pts, 7 pts behind leaders Lyon-Duchere. Grenoble is 7th place 34 pts.