News from Brasil Dec 2011

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Colorado_GAUCHO, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    ..........you should work in Brazil tourism.......imagine all those people you would get visiting with your optimism!

Santos were not the first and won't be the last to be 'out possessioned' by Barcelona. Neymar had to survive on crumbs but admittedly could have scored a couple. The gulf between the teams was greater than expected - I watched this in anticipation of Santos giving them a real game, but alas........

Neymar has the talent to be one of the best players ever. One game won't change my opinion.

3. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, with now even Romario saying we can't win this thing. This message will spread soon. After Confederations Cup people will realize that the team is crap, they will try to change the coach. But it's going to be too late.
    If I knew how to put subtitles on a video I would put up a translation of this. This man is a profeta and truer words were never spoken.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIZI0YCV5KI"]AWAY NILZER - DERROTA SELEÇÃO BRASILEIRA COPA AMÉRICA 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Swap Messi and Neymar for both teams and the outcome would have been exactly the same. This is also my argument for the Messi CRonaldo debates. IMO, if Cristiano had been on Barca the last few years (and Messi on Madrid), it would be Cristiano getting his 3rd or 4th FIFA Player of the Year Award. That Barca squad has unreal talent and chemistry, and makes it very easy for talented players to shine.

Mas fica tranquilo, Neymar will be fine. Ganso on the other hand... eh.

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I personally don't care for Neymar, if he shines or not. I couldn't care less. I don't like his style and above all I don't like his attitude issues. Leandro Damião and somebody else and that's it.

6. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who do you think has the most potential out of Neymar, Lucas Moura, Ganso and Leandro Damiao?

7. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will start with the least potential.

Ganso, that kid was ok for 10 min and globo made up the rest of the story. He will amount to nothing. Who the hell is Lucas Moura? Lucas Bambi? If so, that kid can play, he's going places with his game for sure. LD is a hard worker, doesn't drink, doesn't mess around, trains hard and he's not lazy like Neymar. He's going to be playing at high level much longer and probably play till mid to late 30's. Neymar will be fat as a pig and trying to sleep with transvestites by the age 31 he will play a game a month and quit at 32. Just like the fat douche Ronaldo.

8. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Gaucho, even though you're a little over the top for me, I appreciate your view, and its seems you know what you're talking about. I'm curious to hear what your Confed Cup starting squad would look like. Completely agree about Ganso also, and how Globo pimps these young kids that are marketable. It gives them huge heads that don't come near their talent level, and their play and desire drop off. But I read some Lucas interviews and thankfully it seems that kid has his head screwed on right.

9. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    One minute you are talking about the team and the next about the bad impact hosting the Copa will have on the country! Re the team, I agree: we are nowhere near where we want to be but that will change once the bloody Olympics are out of the way. Yes, OK, Leandro Damiao has made a big impact and Mano erred by not picking him for the Copa America, but that is just one year/season. A great player does it season after season so we will see (but I agree that he looks the real deal)

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Just got my laugh of the day.

11. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Lucas is a kid that has good people behind him, like LD as well. Neymar is a punk, he's shown time and again.

A team for Confederations cup. If I was the coach the team wouldn't be ready yet. The only people I knew for sure I'd take are:

Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, Hernanes, Lucas (the bambi one) Leandro Damiao, Nilmar and Pato. The other defender could be the hairy kid that plays for Chelsea as long as he stops screwing it up, the left wing back has nobody. Marcelo or Andre Santos I wouldn't call even if I had to call that piece of crap that plays in France. Other than that it needs tweaking, but we sure as hell won't get that playing Congo and other shitty teams.

12. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mano is a pushover that will cave in to anything globo says. He's no Scolari that had the balls to say he wasn't going to take Romario and everyone could cry a river and he didn't care. Mano is a coward, he will do whatever he's told.

13. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    this. Mano is a sap who thinks he can always keep his job by doing what he is told. Globo is only using him for now, watch them throw him under the bus with the quickness if the results still aren't coming by late 2012.

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Results under Mano have been mediocre at best.
    Yes, we only lost 2 games, tied about 7 games, but look at the opponents.
    The fact is….. we lost Copa America in an embarrassment, and under Mano we have not beat one single solitary team in FIFA’s list of top 20. So if the results do not improve, we do need to make a change. I am actually surprised that after Copa America Mano did not get the boot. But who knows if there is politics involved here. My main concern is the lack of competitiveness until the Copa. We are not playing in the eliminatorias which is an excellent preparation, a do or die tournament. All we are playing are some meaningless frindlies, and a couple of tournaments like Copa America and Confeds Cup.

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Fala galera,

Espero que todos tenham curtido o Natal. Nada como passar o fim do ano aqui no Brasil… guaraná, pastel, feijoada, arroz biro-biro, churrascaria, chope, Cerveja Antárctica Original, contrafilés e bom-bons (corte nobre da alcatra – maciez comparável ao filé mignon), bacalhau, coxinha… ah. Obrigado Senhor Deus por ter escolhido o Brasil como o lugar aonde nasci.

Sobre futebol, bom, só vou dizer que o Barcelona é de longe o melhor time do mundo. Vi o primeiro tempo e o Santos nem viu a cor a bola.

Bom, feliz ano novo pra todo mundo e espero que o futebol brasileiro siga colecionando sucessos. Por mim, não vejo a hora da Libertadores começar!

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Colorado, 2012 will make or break the NT. I just bought the January 2012 issue of Placar, which has a short article on the Olympic team.

Can someone tell me WHY Mano will coach the Olympic NT? Ney Franco led the U-23 to CONMEBOL and U-20 World Cup success. And Mano will NOT take overage players.

Why????????

I will make a prediction. If the senior NT struggles in the first 6 months of 2012, CBF will look at the Olympics as the gauge to decide whether to keep or to fire Mano. If Brazil doesn't reach the medal podium as occurred in 2000, Mano will be fired from all NTs.

I have always been a country over club fan but this is changing in part thanks to Mano.

PS: I REALLY want Internacional to get past the playoff stage so it faces Santos in the group stage of the Libertadores.

17. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You lucky SOB!
    I wish I was there.
    Spending New Years indoors in God Damn freezing cold Chicago.
    Send my regards to all the garotas de Copacabana on New Years Eve!

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I am at a Fran's Cafe having a late afternoon break and as much as I love Brazilian beer, I was stunned to see a Heineken for R$5.70. This especially given how just about everything costs so much now here in Brasil. A boteco will charge you 3 reais for a can od guaraná.

I couldn't resist. So, Ivo, this ice-cold Heineken is for you. Hoje o jantar é carne (novamente).

19. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree with this. You can't flame out of the big tournament of 2011 (Copa) and of 2012 (Olympics) and expect to keep the Brazil job. Mano has 6 months left, which could be good for him as it will force him to settle down with 20 consistent players. His time to experiment with players and systems (or cave to Globo/CBF as alleged by Colorado) is drawing to an end.

And its a fair shake to Mano- 2 years is more than enough time.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with most of what you've said. But I am surprised you say Pato is a guarantee in your team. He completely bombed in Copa America and is clearly lacking focus.

I am not big on Neymar's personality either, but it's undeniable he has talent. It's dishonest to say he is being included just because of Globo hype. I don't like how he is being over-exposed in the media (he seems to be everywhere) and is looking like a true "Marqueteiro". Not good for a young player. But the jury is far out on him.

Ganso on the other hand is not pleasing me at all. It's undeniable he has the talent of a great playmaker but he is too lazy on the field. Right now I don't see him in the Selecao.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Globo hype? That may have something to do it, but I blame the politics and Corinthians. Ronaldo on the committee, Andres Sanchez taking charge of the Seleção, and Mano has already been rotting anything away that would give you any pride in this NT and has been working his little side scheme with his agent.

My hope for this team is lower than it was at any point with Dunga.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I agree that this Ricardo Teixeira/Andres Sanchez alliance is not good for the NT. As a SPFC fan I can ultimately forgive the way CBF and Corinthians and FPF colluded to exclude Morumbi from the World Cup. The gambazada needed their stadium and when they lose, they can damage their own venue as opposed to other teams'.

But this unholy alliance reeks of corruption. I would even tolerate this if Mano had produced results - wins against top-tier squads, a Copa America title, etc. But the team has floundered.

(I will grant that our team outplayed Paraguay the entire match and that the Paraguayans only got their first shot on goal at the 88th minute - but missing 4 PKs is unforgivable.)

Mano better start producing NOW. And that means building a team once and for all.

I'll still take Neymar and I do agree w/ our colorado friend's post - and I am concerned with Ganso. Neymar may be in need of maturing and physical bulk but no one can question his competitiveness. It may even be argued that his stomping on a fallen Penarol player was him venting for all the physical play the Uruguayans gave him. He may be a kid in need of mentoring and guidance, but he's a competitor. Ganso seems apathetic, and I'd much rather have a lesser talent who will spill his guts out every time than a superior talent who has no heart.

The last manager to take Brazil to the World Cup championship was a manager who epitomizes garra - Luis Felipe Scolari. He didn't do that well at Chelsea and he had a meager year with Palmeiras, but he was limited by unimpressive talent on his team's bench. If Scolari had replaced Dunga, we would not be in this mess right now.

Mano has until mid-2012. Losses or bad performances and/or failure in London and he must go. Muricy or Felipao. We have nobody else.

23. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Opa, tava indo super bem ate falar em Antárctica!! heeheh

Brasil 1982 era melhor que o Barcelona, mas o Barcelona com certeza eh um dos maiores de todos os tempos. E na libertadores? Vai torcer pro Colorado? Dagoberto, Oscar etc... ataque Sao paulino

24. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think that will take more than losing the London Games for Mano to get sacked. Listen, Andre Sanchez, Ronaldo, Teixeira all together. Their agents and sponsors making money. This is basically a quadrilha and Mano is a puppet. They need him for their schemes. They couldn't care less about the condition of the NT, if they did they would have already fired him and tried to get Muricy.

25. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was dealing with a divorce at that time. That skinny chick he was banging was giving him all kinds of grief. He's now banging Berlusconi's daughter and she's pregnant right now. So nothing like that to motivate a man to work for his bread. He will be performing much better this season you will see. But in any event I wouldn't take him a starter. He would bench. Nilmar and LD would be my attack.

He does have talent, but there has been many before that also looked like they were the real deal and they threw it all in the garbage. He's personality doesn't help him one bit. Kid is a real punk.

Ganso will amount to nothing. He sucks, Lucas from SPFC is wayyyyy better.