News: Ferrara defiant over Juventus crisis

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Juventus coach Ciro Ferrara was defiant yesterday ahead of tonight's Coppa Italia clash with Inter Milan.

Ferrara could be shown the door if Juve are dumped out of the Coppa.

“No, I’m not being brave by coming here to this Press conference, just a sense of responsibility,” began Ferrara.

“I have nothing to be ashamed of and no reason to hide. I must accept criticism and controversy as well as praise.

“Will I be fired? The club hasn’t told me anything about a dismissal, so I keep working with the same determination, focus and passion that I have always worked with in my time as a player, a director and a Coach.

“When they have something to tell me, then they will and I’ll react appropriately. Up until then I’ll continue to respect a club that has given me so much. I do not feel that I’ve been sacked.”

Considered a lame duck on the Bianconeri bench, Ferrara tried to concentrate on the upcoming match.

“Inter are in good shape and the team to beat, so tomorrow we’ll try to do just that. I am only worried about the result so that Juventus can qualify for the semi-finals, it is not a concern for my future.”

More...