News: Blackburn boss Allardyce slates money-chasing Benni over West Ham move

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce can't believe the behaviour of Benni McCarthy as he completed his move to West Ham United yesterday.

West Ham and Rovers agreed a fee for McCarthy last night, believed to be in the region of £2m, and he is now talking personal terms.

A furious Allardyce though believes McCarthy’s desire to leave East Lancashire has been for more cynical reasons and expected his ‘missing’ striker to be waiting in London for the green light to agree a deal.

He said: “It will be the size of the contract and the size of the money that Benni will have already seen talked about.

“I know it’s said it shouldn’t happen but it does. They would not have been in contact with Benni directly but I would think that somebody will have got to Benni, somewhere along the line, saying it’s your sort of deal and he will fancy it.

“I’ve never had a player go on strike before, but Michael Ricketts was close to refusing to play for me at Bolton once.

“There’s no reason to think he was still in Spain. If I was guessing I’d say he was in London. We don’t like the situation, it’s very difficult but he’s been badly advised.

“We just had to make sure the situation gets resolved for the best of Blackburn Rovers. If you’re at a club you have to play for your place – World Cup or not. If you’re not consistent enough then you don’t get in the side. Simple as that.”

More...