News: Arsenal defender Campbell: I am ready for Man Utd - and Rooney

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 28, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Sol Campbell says he's ready to face Manchester United if Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger calls on him this Sunday.

Campbell insists he is ready for such a big challenge if selected against United alongside William Gallas. It would be his first match for Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium and he would have the difficult task of marking the in-form Wayne Rooney.

"It’s a massive game and great to be involved in," said 35-year-old Campbell, twice a title winner in his first spell with the Gunners.

"I’ve been training for a long time now. So if it comes to it, I’ll be ready. I have to be ready.

"It’s a challenge. It’s a big two weeks for the club. We’ve got to get some points and go from there. The title is not over. Anyone can win it. We’ve just got to make sure we’re focused on our game and make sure we keep getting some points.

"You’ve got to dig in, fight, play good football and believe in yourselves as a team. Everyone will drop points here and there. It’s going to come down to who gets the run going."

But Campbell admits Arsenal will have to raise their game against other fellow title contenders.

"When you play teams in and around you, you’ve got to get a good result against them. If you don’t, they move up another gear."

More...