News around the club and about former BMG players/managers

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Borussia, Sep 14, 2009.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a beauty it will turn out....to cut thru BVB on their home turf on day 1 and the new season...if we can accomplish that it will be a great reavenge one for the books!
    Am so far totally on board with our 2 new players all-rounders with more tendency to attack and high tactical skills with the ball to hold games and switch to different looks on the pitch!

:sneaky::D:thumbsup::eek::alien::oops::ninja::devilish:

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if no one is there to see it, did it really happen??;);)

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FOR me ken ... I just want Favre and his team crushed to pieces...am fine if nobody is there, the impact of it in the season and table is the same...plus most likely we will steamroll the game at Borussia park the week after!

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So what goes around comes around....sometimes at least for some people!
    BVB did to Lucien Favre (without wasting a day) what Favre did to us ...without a notice!
    :D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    c'mon Hans-Gunter, it's doubtable that it came without notice back then (Eberl again defended Favre in the Sportstudio on Saturday - before Favre got sacked) and Favre was given the count several times this season despite no BVB-coach in history has a better points average than him: they suffer at home without the support... like we do... and L'kusen and L'zig look much stronger at the moment

the question is: do you despise Favre more than you love Borussia?
    it was pretty clear Favre wouldn't get an expansion... which, of course is VERY BAD FOR US! so my first thought when I heard the news was: good! they need a new coach right now and aren't coming after Rose
    then I heard Terzic got the job at least until END OF SEASON and the dark clouds were back again!

no matter what we think about Favre, both of us should hope that Terzic (a local guy, inexperienced as head-coach, who still gets a lot of praise) is doing the hell of a job!
    the other option is that Rose is even more straight than he looks like and doesn't even bother when this megalomaniac stock company starts trying to court him...

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xabi Alonso huh?........Do we think he stays more than 18 months????????

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe 19.;):eek::ROFLMAO:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    a short intermezzo from my side in the light of recent events:

new coach is from Austria
    his first name is Adolf
    his last name starts with an ‚H‘ contains a 't' and ends with ‚er‘
    thank God the similarity ends here ;-)

finally we have a top-source, FAZ (from Frankfurt):

Hütter opts for Gladbach

Eintracht storms towards the Champions League, the coach towards the Lower Rhine. Adi Hütter is leaving Frankfurt. Borussia transfers a sum of millions. Why is the trainer leaving?

Frankfurter Eintracht is playing its most successful season in decades, and yet the management staff is running away - or is it because of that? After sports director Fredi Bobic, coach Adi Hütter will now also leave the traditional Hessian club at the end of the season. While Bobic's move to Hertha BSC is still being negotiated, all those involved in the Hütter case reached an agreement in principle on Monday - the coveted coach, Eintracht and Borussia Mönchengladbach.

It didn't require much effort, because in contrast to the Causa Bobic, the modalities of the 51-year-old Austrian soccer teacher were contractually agreed. The transfer fee that Eintracht receives from Borussia for its coach is 7.5 million euros. This amount was included in the paper last autumn when the contract with Hütter was extended until July 1, 2023. The moment Hütter decided to accept the Gladbach offer and Borussia accepted the release fee, the matter was over.

The decision at Hütter, which should also have received offers from England, dragged on for a few weeks. “I'm staying”, Hütter had clearly admitted to Eintracht in front of television cameras at the end of February, shortly after rumors of change about his superior Fredi Bobic first became public. His club was grateful to him for that. After that, however, his statements became increasingly vague, until he no longer wanted to comment on his professional future before and after the 4: 3 triumph over VfL Wolfsburg.

Hütter never stayed long. The Gladbach offer to succeed Marco Rose, who is going to Borussia Dortmund for five million euros, seemed to Hütter more and more lucrative and tempting. And that, although the soaring with the unity took an ever steeper curve. On Monday, Hütter decided to say yes to Borussia and to inform Frankfurt about it. Participation in the next Champions League with the Hessians is within reach, while Mönchengladbach is considerably behind the Europa League places.

The only motive for leaving the Bundesliga club, which has been developing the best in recent years, is a lack of confidence in the sustainability of the upswing. For Bobic and Hütter. The feeling of having achieved the optimum and being able to advance your own career better elsewhere. As for Bobic at Hertha, Hütter has a very good chance of delivering better results than his predecessor at Borussia. The value of the Gladbach squad is estimated to be a third higher than that of the Frankfurt licensed players. With him, coach Rose is 13 points and four places behind Eintracht. Hütter just has to call up the potential of his future team to achieve better results than Rose. In Frankfurt he would have to do more miracles in order to surpass this historic season. In addition, Hütter was never at a club for more than three years. He also left Young Boys Bern after a great triumph - the first Swiss championship in 32 years. At that time, Eintracht paid EUR 850,000 for the coach to Bern.

It can be ruled out that Hütter will slacken his ambition and commitment to Frankfurt after his decision against Eintracht before his last day of work. The 51-year-old wants to go down in club history as the first Eintracht coach to reach the Champions League, and not as the one who screwed up the premier class at the last minute. And nothing suggests that the crew will get hung up. In the past few months, she has not been impressed by any news, rumors and speculation. After the spectacular 4: 3 over VfL Wolfsburg last Saturday, the Hessians form the best Bundesliga team in 2021. Eintracht collected 36 points on their way to the European football business this calendar year, two more than the industry leader of the past decade, Bayern Munich - a masterful balance.

The professionals have completely freed themselves from the fact that sports director Fredi Bobic announced his early departure weeks ago, which means that they have lost the key interlocutor for their professional future. Rather, they get intoxicated by the glorious present. Until now, the Eintracht professionals were less interested in which coach they would play in the European Cup in the new season, but rather in participating in a European Cup. Other teams, for example Borussia Mönchengladbach, showed themselves to be less resilient than the Frankfurters.

the other Frankfurt paper says Hütter was pretty impressed that Max remained loyal to Rose...

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Dortmund screws BMG.......who returns the favor to Frankfurt...............

kgilbert78 repped this.
  13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How could Luuk de Jong end up starting forward for Barca vs Bayern in a CL match? Got I just sucked into a parallel universe?

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually with "Immediate effect" seems like he didn't stop with his theatrics at Hollywod either...it is a shame this world gift wraps a person with some exceptional skills....to just see him flush it down the pipe!!!!! o_O:confused:(behavior on and off the field..oh and forgetting his football boots before a game):cautious::sick::whistling::speechless:
    On the plus size seems we will get 10% off the transfer:geek:

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously, I think the club dodge a bullet with that. Even with Eberl gone, I am not a fan of a return of Favre. This ship has sailed.

kgilbert78 repped this.
  19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm inclined to agree. Second acts don't always turn out well.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How he left....still very bad taste on every bodies mouth!
    :confused::whistling:

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daniel Farke takes the gig. All things considered......understandable-but why do I get the feeling in a couple years, should he succeed in turning things around, Zorc will pounce the moment things unsettle at BVB again? Above all else, Gladbach needs stability. Defensive improvement & desire to compete again will come with that-but I'm sick and tired of being bigger club's plaything.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hasn't this been what we do best, even during our glory days...we could not make MG a destination for big names to stay!!!!
    Curse, magic...call it all you want but even as fans we have accepted this...the fact that at best we are a 2 round euro comp team:(
    But i like our new guy for some reason...just have a feeling about him
    Btw no language other than german spoken amongst the team...finally somebody with balls and old school mentality :devilish::ninja::devilish:

24. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Scally.......:laugh:

I like him as well. Potentially a good fit in terms of philosophies v. roster v. club ethos.

3 weeks until the off-season window begins. Have my immediate focus on the exodus and am glad the hire was made with enough time to plan.
    Thing I read about Daniel that excites me the most was that during his time at Norwich, they were able to make smart buys in the market-and operate at a surplus for every window. Music to our ears.............:sneaky:

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, *I* speak German--that I learned in HS on the East Coast. Perhaps Scally does as well. Anyway--"ball" is the same word....;);)