News: Angulo praised by Melbourne’s Merrick

Discussion in 'Italy: News' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jan 26, 2010.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Marvin Angulo has been praised by Melbourne Victory coach Ernie Merrick for his performance in last night’s 4-0 win over Wellington Phoenix at Etihad Stadium.

The 23-year old Costa Rican midfielder was impressive, setting up a goal for Archie Thompson whilst having chances of his own, and Merrick was happy with the progress he has made since arriving on loan from CS Herediano.

“I think he's coming to terms with the physicality of the game. He's getting into the rhythm, speed and tempo. He understands how we want to play and get the ball in behind defences and sprint onto them," he said.

"He just got so much of the ball and he's got such lovely ball control and he's got great vision, he's a huge asset for our team."

And the adulation didn’t stop there with Thompson also singing Angulo’s praises.

"Angulo now that he can actually play, after having that delay with his visa, I've always said he is going to be something special and now he's starting to believe it,” Thompson said.

"We've just got so much confidence now and we're excited about the upcoming games."

More...