News and rumours

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by tomo, May 12, 2005.

1. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    In the mean time Philippe Leonard is unable to find a club. He' s not wanted at Standard anymore. Rumours are that he might go to FC Twente on a free.

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Another costa rican might be joing the belgium league, central defender Michael Umana might be playing for FC Bruseles, i got the info from the costarican press, i am not sure if it's the correct name of the team

3. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium
    The correct name is FC Brussels ;)

4. brusselsboy

brusselsboy New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    FC Brussels, indeed. Could you tell me a bit more about him ?

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

did he play in the MLS?

Is he a good player?
    I copy/pasted and merged a couple of my posts about him, there is not much i can say about him, i have seen him live just a couple of games, when his former club played my team

I wish the best for him, i'll stop around here to check your opinions and spread them here in CR

6. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    The Belgian Super Cup was terminated after 45' because there was a huge storm. the streets in the area of the stadium were flooded :eek:
    It was 0-0 when the game ended.
    Anderlecht played good football, but Zulte-Waregem had a few (big) chances as well. Hassan impressed a lot of people, as did Boussoufa and Vandenborre.
    Newcomer Tchite also played, but it's clear he has barely trained with his new colleagues, let alone played matches.
    The biggest problem is the defence, especially in europe this might causes disasters. Hopefully Pareja will improve the back line impressively. Tiote played rightback, which is absolutely not his place. Anderlecht doesn't have a right back currently, and they openly admit that they won't search for one. What a complete joke... :rolleyes:

7. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  8. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania
    Saimir Ujkani possibly on the move to Palermo who are very interested in this kid. The deal is very close but the dilema lies between Liverpool and Palermo as Liverpool wants him as well.

9. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Who does he play for now? Is he the Anderlecht goalie?

10. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania
    He is 18 YO and is The goalie for Anderlecht not the starter for the senior team but the youth team. He has been capped by the senior squad as well when he was 17 YO as the third goalie during the champions league run. In a tournament held in Italy with youth squads of Liverpool Ac Milan etc. Saimir made a very impressive run there as he was impossible to beat and almost took Anderlecht all the way to the crown. IF he goes to Palermo im pretty sure he will be the starting goalie for the senior squad. Liverpool has alot of talented goalies like Carson etc so he will be a youth team GK there and it will be harder for him to get playing time with the senior team. He is very talented and has been capped by Belgian youth squads several times.

11. braine

braine Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Belgium
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Than its better he move on to another team coz Anderlecht have already 2 international GK ,Zitka(CZE) and Proto (BEL);chance almost 0 that he will play in the fanionteam...

12. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania

Yes the competition will be different for him in Palero as in Anderlecht or Manchester because they already have very established goalies. He is without a doubt one of the most talented goalies out there he proved it in the youth team competitions in Italy as he almost took Anderlecht to the championship by the great performances he had it was mpossible to beat him and alot of teams opened their eyes. He has played for Belgium Youth teams before and later on Refused future call ups because he wanted to play for Albania and yesterday he got his Albanian citizenship n is now in Italy gettin ready to face Italian U21 for Euro Q.

13. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    News/Rumor: Hapoel Tel Aviv's Gil Vermouth has agreed terms with K.A.A. Gent and will be flying out today to Belgium. Vermouth has a European club release clause in his contract. He was recently left out of the Israel Under-21 side that is leaving for the European Championship.

14. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Is he a striker,a defender or a midfield ?

15. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is a midfielder.

16. benedito

benedito New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Hello,

as a fan of KAA Gent, I would like to know:
    - what kind of player is Gil Vermouth? qualities, flaws? best position on the pitch?
    - what is his status in Israelian football? is he well known?
    - why was he not included in the national -21 for the EC?
    - any idea of a transfer fee?

Thx and greetings from Belgium!

17. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Can somebody tell me what the requirements are for non EU players in Belgium and how long it takes for a player to apply for the Belgian nationality?

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I believe they have to live her for five years.

19. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Snel-Belg wet is only for persons who are married to an European Citizen?

You know the salary-requirements for Non EU players?

20. Gentenaar

Gentenaar New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    if you stay 2-3 years legal in Belgium, you can ask the belgian nationality.:)

21. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    2 or 3 years? If I understood it correctly it's after 2 years. That would mean that you can move with an EU pasport after 2,5 years in Belgium.

Anybody know the salary-requirements?

22. no_name

no_name Red Card

Jun 1, 2007
    another israeli player sign in belgium. salim tuama sign in standart liaz ( i write it good?)

he is arab israeli 29 years old. wing middlefielder with really great shots. he has amezing free kics. if someone want some video of him. i have.

23. Gentenaar

Gentenaar New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Article 19 Belgian Nationality Code (adopted by the law of March, 1st 2000).

« Om de naturalisatie te kunnen aanvragen moet de belanghebbende volle achttien jaar oud zijn en sedert ten minste drie jaar zijn hoofdverblijf in België hebben gevestigd; deze termijn wordt verminderd tot twee jaar voor de vreemdeling wiens hoedanigheid van vluchteling of van staatloze in België is erkend krachtens de er vigerende internationale overeenkomsten of voor diegene die, met de vluchteling gelijkgesteld werd verklaard krachtens het oude artikel 57 van de wet van 15 december 1980 betreffende de toegang tot het grondgebied, het verblijf, de vestiging en de verwijdering van vreemdelingen zoals van kracht tot 15 december 1996. »

So, you need 3 years of legal stay to request Belgian nationality. You can find all info you need on this website: http://www.vmc.be/vreemdelingenrecht/wegwijs.aspx?id=107 (dutch language).

24. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania
    Saimir Ujkani just signed a 5 year deal with Palermo from RSC Anderlecht.

25. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Did he ever play in the first team?

So it´s 3 years, does anybody know what the salary-requirements are for non-EU players?