News and rumours

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by tomo, May 12, 2005.

1. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Maybe a thread with all news and rumours for the Belgian competition would be a good idea. Not only transfers, but also general news or opinions can be dealt with in here.

2. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    To start of: who do you guys think will become the new standard coach? d'Onofrio has officially anounced he will quit after this succesful season.

Brugge's Trond Sollied has been flirting with Standard by making some statements in the press. He said that the only challenge he still sees in Belgium would be standard, because the club hasn't had a title for ages. Lately however, he has been saying similar stuff about Hamburg. The transfer prize of 500.000euros could be difficult, as standard manager Michel Preud'homme said they didn't want to pay a transfer prize.

Another candidate is Marc Wilmots, who flunked big time at St-Truiden, but is eager to prove he can be a good coach.

Also Hugo Broos and Erik Gerets are possible, although Gerets probably is tied to Wolfsburg.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think at this moment, Wilmots is the most likely candidate.

At the end of next season, my bet would have been on Sollied.

4. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Wilmots? :rolleyes: After what he did at St-Truiden? He's too green to train a top team IMHO.

Anderlecht would be interested to trade Walter Baseggio for Gooch Onyewu. Manager Herman Van Holsbeeck seems very charmed by the young American. This might be a good step too for fat Baseggio to relance his career.
    Van Holsbeeck also said that Kompany has to cost 20m euro (possible, if you ask me) and Wilhelmsson 15m euro (way too much). Aruna will definitely go after this season and his replacement should cost no more than 5m euros.
    He also stated that Mitu and Delorge would only be transfers 'in de breedte', not really to play an important role immediately.

5. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Oh, and I almost forgot: standard is after Nuno Gomes. Quite unlikely he will come, but we said the same thing about Conceicao.

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    True, but tell me another thing, when was the last time Standard got a good coach? No, let me rephrase that, when was the last time Standard got the right coach. d'Onofrio hasn't put the world on fire, Waseige only lasted six games, Preudhomme could have been a good coach in the long term, but there is no long term thinking at Standard it seems. Thissen got them playing decently for a small half of one season. Kessler didn't get them playing. And don't even get me started on Ivic...
    You could argue that the last good coach they had is Goethals before the scandal. And that says a lot about their choice of coaches in the past 20 years.

7. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Agreed. Plus, the players they have bought over the years were of too different qualities. Some were great, some were crap, but they always seemed to buy for the positions they needed the least.

I think Arie Haan was a good coach for Standard.

8. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Anyone knows where Michael Van Geele plays nowadays? The Boro fans reported he has gone back to Belgium.

9. Blues

Blues New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Belgium
    He plays at Union, second division.

10. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    RC Lens is very interested in buying Aruna for a transfer prize of roundabout 3m.

11. premmen

premmen New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Belgium
    psv is also after aruna

12. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    And so is Liverpool, but I guess that after what they've seen this weekend their interest might just have cooled down.

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thread boys.

Gooch to Anderlecht? Do you have a link to this rumor?

14. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Op de vraag welke Standard-speler Anderlecht zou kunnen overnemen gaf Van Holsbeeck dit antwoord: "We zoeken voorin en in de verdediging versterking. Ogushi Onyewu zou niet misstaan bij Anderlecht".
    Preud'homme zou liefst Jestrovic overnemen van Anderlecht naar Standard. Het gaat wel over een zuiver hypothetische vraag, geen van beide clubs heeft zich al officieel gemeld voor een speler bij de concurrent

(<purple dynamite)

It says: when Anderlecht manager Van Holsbeek was asked which Standard player would fit in at Anderlecht he gave this answer: "We are looking for players for the defense and attack. Ogushi Onyewu wouldn't have problems fitting in at Anderlecht. Michel Preud'homme would love to take over Jestrovic from Anderlecht to Standard. However, this was a purely hypothetical question, none of the clubs has reported itsself for a player.

I don't know where I got the Baseggio-Onyewu swap, but I've heard it several times these days.

15. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    De Luikse krant La Meuse ziet al een opvolger indien Portugees Sergio Conceiçao of Kroaat Milan Rapaic De Vurige Stede zouden verlaten. De krant denkt namelijk aan Rode Duivel Bart Goor. De 32-jarige middenvelder maakte gisteren immers bekend dat hij liever zou vertrekken uit Rotterdam. Goor speelde dit seizoen 33 wedstrijden en scoorde 6 keer voor Feyenoord. Volgend jaar loopt zijn contract af, benieuwd of Standard de transfersom zal kunnen ophoesten.

www.voetbalkrant.be

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Tomo. That would be a nice move for Gooch.

17. Blues

Blues New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Belgium
    Both sources are kind of crap, not the most reliable ones... Voetbalkrant are just some "kids" who read all the rumours in the newspapers, and then copy it to their website.

Anyhow, I'm curious to see what the clubs will do in the transfer periods. There still isn't a consensus about the new TV-contract, and a lot of clubs hoped to use this "new" money to invest in players. If the TV-contract is cancelled, that will definitely ruin their transfer plans...

18. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Well, it seems he's in for a return to Anderlecht, several sources confirm this. Anderlecht also interested in Liverpool's Anthony Le Tallec. Mitu and Delorge seem to have signed.

19. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Anderlecht is interested in Nastjah Ceh from Club Brugge. Mitu has almost signed, Delorge is still too expensive. Le Tallec remains an option. They're also interested in a Turkish 23-year old striker.

Seems to me they have some money to spend.

20. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    the turkish striker deal is off
    It was Akin, but his wage is 3 times as much as Kompany would get at Anderlecht

21. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    De kans bestaat dat Anderlecht een grote belofte uit de jeugdschool verliest aan Feyenoord. Timothy Derijck heeft namelijk een akkoord bereikt met de Rotterdammers over een vierjarig contract.

Derijck, amper 17 jaar, maakte dit seizoen indruk bij de invallers en werd zelfs in de A-kern opgenomen. De klasgenoot van Vincent Kompany heeft bij paars-wit een semi-profcontract. Bij Feyenoord krijgt de youngster een profcontract, wat hij normaliter ook bij de Brusselaars zou krijgen.

Als Anderlecht niet meewerkt aan een transfer, dreigt Derijck ermee de alom gekende wet van 1978 te gebruiken.

This guy should be lucky to get a chance, instead of threatening the club to leave with the 1978 law. I'm really starting to hate Feyenoord for stealing our best youngsters. (sorry Panic).

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't blame you.

23. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Don't hate, join the legion :D.

24. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    -The guy's not gone yet, it seems. Meanwhile they have finished the Mitu transfer.

-GBA won the cup against Club Brugge with 2-1.

25. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Derijck is gone. Now they're trying to get another talent, Cor Gillis. Only 16 years old and disappointed because he doesn't get any chances. What had he expected?
    Doesn't Feyenoord have any talents of their own???????
    Panic, DSC05???