News about Polish Players [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Dec 28, 2005.

1. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  2. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  3. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  4. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Sunday turned out to be an awesome day for Polish players.

Maciej Zurawski had an astonishing 4 goals!!, & 2 assists in an 8-1 win over Dunfermline today. He now has 12 goals on the season, & 15 overall, in 16 games. Artur Boruc played the full 90. The Dunfermline goal was his fault as he strayed off the line and missed punching the ball clear.
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/reports/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/02/19/SOCCER_Dunfermline.html

Miroslaw Szymkowiak had a goal in a 2-0 win today. He scored the first goal, which turned out to be the game winner.

If you guys have read the "Boruc comments", what do you guys think of them?

I personally am astonished that he would risk saying things like that. Although the translation did exaggerate what he said, I read the full Polish interview and some of the comments were really dumb. Although he was surrounded by about 50 Legia supporters, and the whole interview was done tongue-in-cheek, I still feel eh should have been a little more wary. This is a fairly big topic in Scotland right now...

5. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Franek better get it together at Wolves. On the bench for todays match v. Hull. Thats the first time he's not starting in a League Championship game since he joined the club.

6. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think he might have a back problem, and thats why he didnt play today.

In other news, Rasiak got his first goal for Southampton today. He scored the 2nd goal in a 3-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday. He also got taken down in the box, which lead the the first goal.

Jacek Krzynowek scored for Bayer Leverkusen today. He had the third goal in a 3-0 win over FC Cologne.

Lukasz Sosin continued his domination of the Cypriot league with two goals in a 2-2 tie today. They were his 18th & 19th goals of the season.

7. Astargoth

Astargoth New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Rasiak scored his first goal in his new club before Franek. Fairly suprising to be honest.

8. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Gives Janas more reason to go with Zurawski-Rasiak with Franek as a super sub....

9. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    He was the top scored for the past 2 years, he had 21 in both. At this pase, he'll get like 30 this year.

10. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm really curious to see how he'll do in the friendlies.

I wonder if theres any way we can see the Poland vs. Kaiserlautern game on Tuesday...

11. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    A bit ironic that we couldnt find any offense in Germany, but the one striker we didnt choose to come with us scores a hat trick a couple days afetr the game. Yup, Marek Saganowski continued his awesome form with 3 goals today in a 4-0 win over Vitoria Setubal. The other goal was scored on a penalty shot after Sagan was taken down in the box.
    http://www.90minut.pl/news.php?id=383497

12. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Well, yeah he should have been there, I dont know why Janas didnt call on Sagan. Anytime I hear news like this I feel like ranting about "drewniak" but its no use, barring a miracle he'll be in the WC squad, and a player who can actually put the ball in the net will be watching on tv.

13. dziabac

dziabac New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Prospect Heights, IL
  14. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    Once again Sagan has proven that he's class, and again I will voice my opinion - He would be DEFINELTY more valuable than the likes of "planky boy", Sosin whose call up was a bad joke and even Niedzielan who is a decent player but not as good as Sagan

15. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    that's true.

Maciej Zurawski scored AGAIN for Celtic today. He had the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win over Aberdeen.

Boruc was largely untested for the match, but kept a clean sheet.

16. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Mariusz Lewandowski scored for Shakhtar Donetsk today in a 1-1 draw. It's the first game of the restart in the Ukrainian league.

17. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    In terms of other players who are not on the NT scope...

Seweryn Gancarczyk scored for Metalist Charkow in a 2-0 win today in the Ukrainian League.
    http://www.90minut.pl/news.php?id=383852

Jerzy Brzeczek scored a nice goal for FC Wacker Tirol yesterday in a 1-0 win over SV Pasching in the Austrian Bundesliga. He scored on a volley from just outside the box.
    http://www.90minut.pl/news.php?id=383734

18. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Szymkowiak played very well game at the league match.
    And he did one asist..Szymkowiak team won the game 2-1

I just wanna say. This player is pleasure to watch.
    He is everywhere on the pitch. I think he is gonna be your key player at WC2006 Finals.

Good luck to you.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this post, but I will write it anyways. If it needs to be moved, please do so.

A neighbor of mine was over on Saturday and we were talking about the Polish league. He told me that over the winter break Pogon Sczeczin went to Brazil to train. He said that after training in Brazil, Pogon returned to Poland with 18 Brazilians on the team. This seems a bit far fetched. Has anyone heard anything about this? If this is true, it is rather funny.

20. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    yah its true, check the team's website...kind of strange obviously, but i'm kind of curious to see how this turns out...

21. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    Hahaha yep, they have only 4 domestic players in the first team and their Brazilians will suck beacause they were bought on a sale :D Ptak - the clubs president bought probably the cheapest players, from low division clubs. He thinks that good origin of his players will win him matches. Well he is wrong. I feel sorry for the club and their fans beacause we have good relations with them and i like Pogon :(

22. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm surprised that there isn't a minimum number of domestic players a club must have either on the field or, at the very least, on the team. This Pogon thing is somewhat a disaster. Mostly a huge joke, but kind of dissapoiting too.

23. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Can someone tell me a little bit about 17-year-old Tomasz Cywka? The club I support, Fulham, is reportedly after his signature. I do not know anything about him. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

24. Astargoth

Astargoth New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    http://sport.onet.pl/1274773,wiadomosci.html

According to this Wigan signed him already. First I hear of him but from the looks of things he seems to have some promise, espescially now that English coaches will take care of his growth. Good news IMHO.