News about Polish Players [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Dec 28, 2005.

1. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Re: News about Polish Players

Smolarek scored two for Borussia Dortmund in a warm-up versus a German third division side, Preussen Muenster. He came on the field in the 41st minute, and scored in the 67th and 71st, ensuring a 4-0 win for Dortmund.

2. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

saganowski scored his 5th of the regular season for Guimaraes in a 1-1 tie against Rio Ave.
    http://www.90minut.pl/news.php?id=368821

Kuszcak played again today, but his team lost 1-0 to Sunderland on an own goal.

Olisadebe and Rasiak both were subbed in today, Oli in the 53rd and Rasiak in the 78th(?), but failed to register on the score sheet. Tottenham tied Villa 0-0 and Pompey got smacked 5-0 by Birmingham City.

3. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

also, bartosz Tarachulski started for Hibernian as they won 3-1. He helped set up a goal and was subbed off in the 75th minute. In case you didnt know, he is a defender for Hibs, which stands in 3rd place in the SPL at the moment.

4. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

Andrzej Niedzielan scored again for NEC. He had the 5th goal in a 5-0 win over ADO Den Haag. Tomasz Rzasa was listed as a substitute and did not get subbed on. Niedzielan also missed a penalty in the 58th minute.

5. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

Maciej Zurawski scored for the 3rd game straight since his return from injury. He scored the first goal in a 3-1 win over Motherwell.

6. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

Miroslaw Szymkowiak scored for Trabzonspor. He scored the 2nd goal for his side in a 4-2 loss to Kayserispor. He scored from the penalty spot.

7. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Good news on all fronts, hope that good form continues. Felt bad for Kuszczak, since that play should have been stopped before it started, due to a clear faul on the WBA player in midfield, and even so the ball wasn't even going towards the net, until the defender deflected it. Rasiak had a really good opportunity to win back some support at Tottenham, but couldnt convert from 5-6m in front of the Villa net in the 85th or so. Other than that good stuff, all around.

8. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

Lukasz Sosin scored for Apollon Limasol against APOP. He had the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win. It was his 16th goal of the year and he currently leads the league in scoring. Fantastic weekend for polish goalscoring all around Europe.

9. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

Also, although its not that important, it did surprise me a little as I was watching the game. Jerzy Dudek was listed as a substitute against Manchester United today. It's the first time he has been back in the 16 for awhile and leads to speculation about his transfer, or lack of.

10. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    At this point it's hard to pick between Boruc and Kuszczak. Both are really good but, Boruc plays for the best team in the SPL, so everyteam he faces is well weaker. Kuszczak on the other hand is playing for a crap team and facing shots from power house teams like Ars, Chel, Man U, Lpool and is doing darn well. The next few months should show who will be the best choice, but one thing is for sure. Janas has a tough decision to make.

11. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I cant see him giving Kuszcak the nod for thw WC. I mean 2-3 months ago he was pretty much a nobody. If Boruc were to get injured, than I can see him starting ahead of Dudek, nut other than that not much of a chance.

12. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto

yep but note Celtic defensive play. Boruc has a lot of work but the decisive fact can be that hes proven on international level

13. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    Boruc will be staring this summer. As you guys mentioned he has more experience on the international stage and what really sets him a notch above Kuszczak is the fact he is a very good at commanding the back four wether it be for Celtic or Polska. I don't think Kuszcak could learn to work with our defense as well as Boruc in two or three friendlies. But mark my words he will be our #1 in the future. He has made some reflex saves this season that have been out of this world. I expect him to stay another season or so with WBA, but he will be in net for Arsenal in two years tops.:)

14. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    Maybe him or maybe Fabianski. Dont you dare to forget this kid

15. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    lol, one will start for ManU and one for Arsenal and than when they play eachother well decide whos better

16. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    hahahahah that would be nice :D

17. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  18. johnz88

johnz88 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada/Poland
    Tomasz Hajto apparantly made a switch to Derby County.

19. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    yup and he made his debut today in a 3-1 loss to a team in the third division:eek:.

Zurawski scored for the fouth game in a row in a 3-3 tie today. Boruc played the whole game. He couldnt really be faulted for any of the goals but lately he has really started to let them in.

Smolarek continued his goal-scoring as he scored the 2nd goal in a 3-2 win over VFL Wolfsburg. He also set up the other two goals.

Pawel Abbot scored for Huddersfield Town in a 3-2 win today. It was his first game back from injury.

Never heard of him, but Jarosław Mazurkiewicz scored for RAA Louviéroise in the Jupiler League(Belgium??). It was his first goal of the season. Anyone know who this is?

20. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  21. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    i watched that game and frankowski did well, almost scored in fact. The fans over there seem to think that he's what they need.

Just finished watching Spurs-Fulham, where Rasiak somehow managed to force his way into the starting XI. I thought he played really mediocre. He did some minor good things, but on the whole, I thought he kept slowing the game down. He's really getting ripped up on the Spurs forum right now. I think they might be a little harsh on him, but still, I was quite embarassed at one point of the match when Rasiak ran into his own player on a 3 on 2 and lost the ball:rolleyes:

Bartosz Bialkowski started again for Southampton in a league match against Plymouth. They lost 2-1, with the winner being scored on a penalty in the 84th minute. This is his 3rd start in a row and hes only 19 or 20, so some promise there.

Marcin Kus was an unused sub for QPR.

Tomasz Kuszczak had another clean sheet as WBA tied Charlton 0-0. Its his 6th clean sheet of the year.

22. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Thanks for posting that article. I watched him play for Dortmund on Saturday and he looked solid. His goal was set up beautifully by Tomas Rosicky. However, Smolarek's finish was world class. I hope he can continue to tear it up for Dortmund.

23. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    np...i also saw that game and he was really good. He's really becoming a superstar over there.

24. pnewman

pnewman Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Warsaw
    Have you really watched the game? Rosicky tried to shot on goal and hit Smolarek. I can hardly name it the "beautiful set up". Just pure luck. Of course Smolarek's finish was excellent, not due to but rather dispite the set up.