News about Polish Players [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC

Supposedly he also assisted on one too. It's early, but it looks like Kuba is going to work out for Borussia.

2. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Watching Fire/Celtic now, end of frst half with Celtic down 0:1. Zurawski looks slow, way over the hill; like a "fly in the ointment". His days for our NT are probably numbered...

Biruc on the other hand made a couple of a nice saves, could have done better on the goal, perhaps, but it was Blanco, after all. Anyone else watching the game?

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Lukasz Pisczcek will probably start the season as Hertha's third striker. The club at first wanted to loan him out but now will decide to try to loan out Croat Srdjan Lakic instead.

Good for Lukasz, hope he does well for us.

4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yeah, good newsfor him...any word on how he's been doing in training?

5. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Very well. Very highly rated by our new coach, Lucien Favre, who is very good with youth players.

6. kasia

kasia New Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Thanks for the update on Piszczek! :)

7. kasia

kasia New Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Smolarek scored twice against Vitesse Arnhem today.
    Blaszczykowski also got a goal.

8. cuyseco

cuyseco Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I like women who like soccer. Kasia can I ask you out for a date?:)

9. kasia

kasia New Member

Sep 17, 2006
    lol how do you know I'm a girl?

10. cuyseco

cuyseco Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Because Kasia is a female polish name :)
    If you are a man, sorry for the mistake :D

11. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  12. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    This is awesome, I'm glad Matusiak left Palermo they barely let him play. I'm not very familiar with the club his going to, but let hope he plays some games, he looked a bit sluggish against Russia.

13. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
  14. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty good news all around, great to hear about Ebi and Matusiak's move but I think Slusarski also made a decent move. Maybe WBA and Southampton can get promoted and we'll have a good amount of Poles in the Premiership.

15. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Jelen hat trick for Auxerre, looks like he came on as a sub?

16. GKS Belchatow

GKS Belchatow New Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Bełchatów
    Yea he came in 72 min.

17. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Dawid Janczyk made his Champions League debut today, coming on as a sub in CSKA Moscow's 2-1 loss to Inter Milan. He made a couple decent passes and had one shot that went wide in about 20 minutes of play. For some reason the cameraman kept centering him out on camera haha, much to my delight. The commentators also talked a bit about the "18 year old from Poland".:)

18. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Matusiak scored his first goal in the dutch league against Venlo lets hope he keeps this up.

19. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Didn't know where to put this..but.. I welcome Jutkiewicz.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/jutkiewicz-s-ambition.html

The 18 year old Everton striker revealed that he would like to play for Poland. His grandfather is Polish so he is eligible.

Anyone have any info on him? Is this a good thing? Is he a quality player?

20. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Lukas? He's done very well for our reserves. Maybe we'll see him in a game this year, but he's well behind our top 5 strikers (Andrew Johnson [our other "Pole"], Yakubu, McFadden and 2 way better promising strikers, James Vaughan and Victor Anichebe).

21. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Thanks alot Hertha, I should have asked for some info about him in the polish forums. D'oh! :p

If he's doing well for your reserves then I'll have high hopes for him. I'd like nothing more than a good striker for the NT. He's only 18 so there's probably a lot of room for improvement and I hope he will improve for Everton and Poland's sake ;)

22. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Interesting article about Blaszczykowski

Who would have known that the kid had such a tough life. I always enjoy reading about players' personal lives, especially when they can rise above great tragedy.

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,65029,4710134.html

23. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Janczyk played the full 90 for CSKA Moscow today in Champions League action against PSV (a 1-0 loss) and played fairly well, one of only about 2-3 Moscow players actually doing something creative.

Kuszczak started against Sporting Lisbon today in a 2-1 win. I havent seen the game but apparently he let a pretty weak goal early on. He seemed to have settled down afterwards, making a few saves, though Sporting did have a goal called back due to offside.

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Pretty awful goal, Kuszczak was way off his line and he let a right wing shot that would have been an easy save if he had kept his line go in.

25. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yup, the goal was weak...Kuszczak's fault all the way. Poor positioning, and kind of a lazy attempt at the save.

Now I know this is off-topic, but CRonaldo's free kick in the 92nd minute to win it was AWESOME. I don't know if it was optical illusion, or what, but the ball seemed to swerve inside at first, and then just barely curved to the outside, completely fooling the keeper. Seemed to defy the laws of physics. I'm serious...