News About el PATO Abbondanzieri (r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by zombie 10, Dec 18, 2005.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] El Pato quiere irse y pide que lo entiendan

Abbondanzieri dice que es la última oportunidad de jugar en Europa. El club español oficializó la oferta. Falta que Boca la apruebe.

Link To Original Article

2. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Abbondanzieri y una transferencia demorada

El arquero ya tomó la decisión de irse a jugar a España, pero en Boca dilatan la definición del pase.

Link To Original Article

3. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Abbondanzieri dijo adiós y Kily González no se apura

El arquero se despidió de sus compañeros y del cuerpo técnico y esta noche viajará a España. El volante está en Rosario y también coquetea con Central.

Link To Original Article

4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Re: News ABOUT el PATO A.

Getafe are the team with the fewest goals conceded so far in La Liga.

6. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Bump.

And so ends Pato's career with Getafe.:rolleyes:
    Seriously, he's going to get lynched for that.

7. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Decepción total

En el último minuto del tiempo suplementario, el Bayern Munich igualó 3 a 3 (estaba 3-1) frente al Getafe, se clasificó para las semifinales y enmudeció a la afición madrileña.. Abbondanzieri cometió un grosero error para el 3-2 parcial. Demichelis fue titular en el equipo alemán.

More...

8. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pato has to Go!!!!

Having seen Pato once again play like a guy on drugs with Getafe the other day and blow their chances against Bayern while 3-1 up and it was 80% his fault Bayern went through, I will say with out a doubt his time as the national goalkeeper shopuld be done!!:mad:

9. Hellfish15

Hellfish15 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Re: Pato has to Go!!!!

That's funny you mention this as I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what the plan is for the NT's GK position going forward?

Do you think that this past week's performance against Bayern affected his standing on the NT? Do you think that Ustari, Franco, Carrizo or anyone else might have a chance at playing in the friendlies prior to the next round of qualifiers?

Before the WC I was down on Pato and then became a believer during the tournament and in the Copa America. But the question is, when does the torch get passed?

10. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Some of you guys have argued that Pato is the least of our problems when it comes to some performances of the NT. I never quite agreed with that statement. I mean, how come the guy that should be the allegorical backbone of the defense, the commanding voice in the box, and the calm, assured presence kicking the team into play is the least of our problems?

I say he is one heck of a problem. No team can achieve glory without a solid and consistent performer at the goal (yeah, feel free to throw in some counter arguments). The goalkeeper is not only important for the flashy saves he makes, but also for many other aspects that go unnoticed and that help settle the team, build confidence and so on. Pato is not the guy for the role. And even if he was, how long will he be able to play at the highest level putting in decent performances? I say two years at most. Isn't it the right time to seriously consider thinking in a new batch of potential long-term replacements? Everybody in these boards seem to think that way, everybody in other circles seem to think that way. But, I guess the only one that doesn't think that way cannot be wrong, can he? After all, he is the national team manager :rolleyes:

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Not the finest hour for Pato, that's for sure. Still, he is one of the big reasons why Gestafe made it as far as they did.

But I agree that it is time for new blood. Carrizo is a solid goalkeeper in all aspects of his game. He should get the shot for the National team now, and lets see how he handles it.

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

But being the situation, of the domestic players, they will have to wait at least until the qualifier games or later the olympic games, so in the friendlies probably it'll be the time for Ustari and Romero, and maybe try again with Leo Franco.

13. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: ¿Culpable, yo?

El arquero Roberto Abbondanzieri, a quien muchos medios responsabilizaron por la eliminación del Getafe en la Copa UEFA, afirmó: "No lloro ni me siento culpable, pero me molesta porque la gente estaba muy ilusionada".

More...

14. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

A shamefull response really, the least he could have done was apologise and take it like a man:mad:.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  16. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    I met and talked to PATO in Abu Dhabi in December..an interesting casual conversation with Inter fans and him after the Club World Cup and his last game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COoaCpVG0qk"]YouTube - Blog Vermelho em Abu Dhabi Parte 5[/ame]