News About el PATO Abbondanzieri (r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by zombie 10, Dec 18, 2005.

1. zombie 10

zombie 10 New Member

DO YOU REALLY LIKE PATO FOR OUR GK IN WC'06

POST YOUR OPINION........i THINK HE'S A BIG LIE!'',HE SUX'' :rolleyes:
    HE WAS NAMED PLAYER OF THE MATCH C.S. FINAL AGAIST u.N.A.M...''WHAT A JOKE''...DO YOU THINK EUROPEAN TEAMS WILL BE AS FORGIVING AS THE MEXICANS?...''nO" :mad:

2. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Re: YOUR OPINION ABOUT eL pATO

I think Argentina can do better than that. I dont think you guys will have the ref in your side in the WC. He should have been expelled for hitting the ball outside his area, when pumas had a clear chance of goal.

3. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

I don't understand your view of football man.

Pato had a PERFECT game ... not one mistake ... don't as him to stop ALL penalties :rolleyes:. And in the incidence of handling the ball outside the area, he did EVERYTHING a class goalie should do:
    1) Stop the advance that should had ended on a goal (I see an evident offside in the start of the play)
    2) Turns to confrim he was not last man ... and rapidly points the ref at it.
    3) Is SUPERB once again in the shoot-out

That experience ... those B@LL$ to carry your team in the difficult stuation is what makes him a leader. I can only see a confirmation of his abilities and a strengthening of his believe in himself heading to the WC06.

Don't hate ... appreciate.

Salud bi-campeones!!!!!!

4. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

rep for u!!!!

pato is a great goalie

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think he was at his best from around 00-02.. Now I don't see him as too good. Plus, he hasn't had one good game that I can remember in la seleccion.. In Boca he has.. But with the NT jersey, I just do not remember seeing that.. Then again, that doesn't mean he played bad all those matches, but wasn't anything out of the ordinary..

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All i know is that this is up for debate...(the play where he handled the ball)

OTOH, anyone who pisses off Mexican players will always be my hero

And hey, it was the Mexican commentators on Fox saying he was the man of the match .... Drive home safe, pato.... :)

7. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

so in your opinion, he is a great gk and it was a fair game right? the ref did not made a single mistake and he should had been given a red? sh1t in that case he shouldn't have even given a yellow.

I could also point out the irregularities during the penalty shootout, where he was obviously advancing before time, but anyway i dont want to get carried away and called a troll, so i'm just leaving.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

He is a legend and the best you currently have.

9. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't consider myself a Pato fan, and never will.
    That said, WHO ELSE? We can't have Luccheti nor Saja, neither one is reliable enough. We can't have Lux, not enough experience, but maybe if he has a good Clausura and Libertadores. Do I hear Leo Franco out there? Lord no, please no... He doesn't deserve it, not one bit. He has proven at Ath. Madrid he isn't reliable enough on a consistent basis. Ustari is possibly the only other option, as El Mono is a bit too old, but we have four options, hopefully, by the World Cup; Pato, Ustari, Lux, Mono.

10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Fair game? ... I happened to disgust the way Palacios treated Palacio ... the shirt pulling and pushing arounf the box, but if the ref didn't call them against him ...

Palacio suffered the most thruout the game bro. Watch the game again. He must have fallen (he DOES NOT DIVE!) 20 times. And he gets carded for complaining the abuse he was getting! :rolleyes:

Then ... is ball to the hand the same as hand to the ball? The ref had B@LL$ to call that penalty ... it was more than a tie, it was the away goal Pumas needed. It is easy to see one side of things.

As to the 1/2 steps forward or not during pks ... give me a break man. Blame the peeps missing the shots instead of Pato.

Lastly ... Pumas are a dynamic team, exactly the kind of opponent Boca would feel the least confortable with the accumulation of games and the "eleven" that Basile can field :rolleyes: . There I still miss Bianchi ... he made players fit his system and won with it. I see no need to kill 11 players, or to wait til minute 85 to make subs when the 1st team were without legs for 20+ minutes.

Anyways ... this thread was about Pato. I am completely honest in one thing ... Cordoba was a better keeper while at Boca, but as pointed above, for the NT there are not that many options for goal. I would only consider el Mono or Lux to fight for the spot ... Ustari is too young and "short"?

11. elpipeman

elpipeman New Member

Nov 11, 2005
    ENVIGADO
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

para mi es un gran arquero, no de los mejores del mundo, pero si el mejor de argentina.

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8

Thats nuts... Sideshow Bob got Palacio in a box fair and square.. he was awesome, and just took Palacio out of the game and you just don't like it ....( and "Palacio does not dive"...... laugh my ********ing arse off)

When it comes to the ref he was just ********... I thought the pen we got was VERY fortunate... but nothing can explain why your keeper did not walk... it is obvious... the rules are clear, if a keeper handles the ball outside the area it is a red card............. no question...

13. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

How many fouls against Palacio were sanctioned? Over and over ? There are quite a few Pumas players who deserved not one but 2 yellows on repetitious fouls against him alone, which disrupted his game and the flow of the game itself. As to the diving ... to each its own bro. I can't teach you how to look at football. :rolleyes:

Here:
    http://www.drblank.com/slaw12.htm

You realize that you got a fortunate penalty and don't question the interpretation of the ref ... but you do question if it was obvious goal-scoring opportunity. The ref consulted his linesman ... Pato was not last man and they interpreted it was a yellow. Which means handling the ball but not the case of an "obvious goal-scoring opportunity". In football, what gains you a win is a goal not a sending off, the latter doesn't guarantee you a goal at any given point later in the game.

You have to view football outside what those commentators tell you ... they are really clueless most of the time. It is unfortunate to have to watch a game with my laptop next to me listening to the 45 sec delayed radio broadcast of the game, not to follow the play by play but for the commentary/analysis of the game.

I will tell you something that happened in the 1st game. Palacio gets punched in the area and the commentators say "lucky the Pumas player was not seen". A minute later they cry that Palacio spits at the same player who punched him ... and start bringing back the incident with Benitez ... and how the fans at the Bombonera are shiat. That the linesman should had seen the spit. Wtf? :confused: Mediocre commentators ... biased and mediocre.

Enuff babling. You wanna watch the game over? ... I have u/led the game in the Torrents de Futbol Argentino on this page. Feel free to d/l it and share it with your friends. I happen to be encoding the 2nd half atm, reason why I'm taking my time to answer all the above.

Laterz.

14. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I agree. Pato may not be the best keeper in the world (quite far actually), yet he is the best we got.

15. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004

i think the same.....
    but he did save a couple penalties yesteday.
    there are better gks in europe.

16. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Pato is good. only thing that bothered me was that today i saw that he's the player with most titles in Bocas history. that shouldn't count since for some of those championships he was on the bench to Cordoba.

17. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

Actually looking at the replay I wouldn't of counted the play as last reasort because if the mexican would of eluded Abonanzieri Krupoviesa would of been in goal.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Pato is not a great Argentine goalkeeper by historical standards, but I think he is the best we have right now. He is solid and he has experience. But he has some weaknesses which can be exploited, especially on crosses and coming out.

I guess we are weak on goalie this time around. Hopefully our talent elsewhere will cover up this weakness. I'd say starting Pato is not a glaring weakness, he's not that bad. But lets just say it is definitely not one of our strengths.

Ustari I think will be the goalkeeper of the future, but he is too inexperienced to make him the number one goalie right now.

19. Enganche

Enganche Red Card

Apr 30, 2003

I generally agree with what Argentine Soccer Fan wrote. Abbondanzieri is a good shot stopper and towards the end of the Torneo Apertura he was controlling his box more but I do still worry about him coming off his line and in dealing with crosses. Right now I do view him as Argentina's weakest link. He's an adequate at best international goalkeeper.

The problem is there aren't many alternatives to him. I used to believe Ustari was too young but this kid is pure class and at least needs to be brought in to play a friendly to see how he'll cope with the international game at the senior level. Ustari is an excellent shot stopper, with good hands, is adept in the air and controls his box very well. Pekerman needs to bring Ustari into the team. He may not beat out El Pato in time for the 2006 World Cup but he is getting close and clearly is Argentina's goalie of the future.

20. mime26

mime26 New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Boston

Pato seems to be the best option, but there are other keepers with merits: Barbosa, Saja, Costanzo.

21. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.

He's a cheat and he's made out to be a hero--only in Argentina. Maradona ring a bell? :D

22. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004

all that time behind cordoba he had to lean something. and personally i dont think he is europe material. i think he doesnt have the proper physique or maybe just not that but he style in net.

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

After tonight's game, I would hate to see Abbondancieri wear our NT jersey in the World Cup. And I am not saying just because of the goal he basically served us (which I was not bothered by :D), but also because he always, but always, kicked the ball out in goal kicks. He didn't make any great catches either. I would even rather have Carrizo be goalie in the World Cup (I am not serious about him in front of Argentina's goal since he has no experience, but he is better than "el Pato.") I would like to see Ustari and Carrizo go to the 2010 World Cup, though. :D

24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I saw Abbondanzieri play in a world cup qualifier in Buenos Aires and he was shockingly bad, he looked like someone who had trotted into goal from the crowd. He was bad against England and he spreads panic across the defence who clearly do not trust him. He cannot be no. 1 choice for Argentina because he is a disaster waiting to happen.

25. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

We are hurting with Pato in goal. Our best bet is that he comes up big in the World Cup.