News 6/14/21

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jun 14, 2021.

1. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Frankowski, somewhat surprisingly, on the bench for Poland today versus Slovakia. Thought he might get the start.

OG_Firefan repped this.
  2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fire announce that Soldier Field will be open to "Full Capacity" as of July 3, 2021.
    So, we can expect crowds of 12,000?

https://www.chicagofirefc.com/post/...erience-soldier-field-starting-july-3-against

Slipped into the announcement is this little ditty:

Due to a scheduling conflict with Soldier Field and the Chicago Bears, the match on Sept. 29 versus New York City FC will be played at an alternate site. Additional details on that match, including ticketing information, will be shared at a later date.
    (emphasis mine)

Not alternative date, but alternative site.
    One day return to Bridgeview?
    Make NYCFC feel at home and play at Wr*gley Field or (f/k/a) Comiskey Park?

3. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It will be way more than 12,000 because you know......Soldier Field will fix all of the Fire's problems.

xtomx repped this.
  4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    6 Questions with Chicago Fire FC President Ishwara Glassman Chrein

Completely useless "interview." Actually, worse than useless, actually damaging to her credibility.

She failed the first point of an interview/coming out promotion: say something that shows you understand what you are selling. Anything, pandering (a comment about Bastian, Blanco, Nowak...) would be better than complete ignorance. She comes off as if she has no knowledge of of the job or the team.

I know her job is on the business side but it would be nice if she had anything to say about the team. Maybe say something to demonstrate you actually studied the situation in which you now find yourself.

I will give her the benefit of the doubt (as I trust Mr. Mansueto has an eye for business talent), but this piece did her no favors.

Enjoy the next 2 minutes, 16 seconds of your life....or watch this puff piece.

https://www.chicagofirefc.com/post/...esident-ishwara-glassman-chrein?autoplay=true