Newest Transfer Rumor: Boca to Leeds

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by theburden, Sep 22, 2003.

1. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Chris Bergin says that the English Papers say that Leeds is now interested in out favorite defender who has trouble keeping his shoes on.

"UK media (papers) report Leeds United manager Peter Reid as in talks with MLS for Carlos in what would be a Jan transfer. Carlos is out of contract at the turn of the year."

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey, i think that is great news if it's true. do you have a link for that? it's great, because it wouldn't affect the MLS season, it'll allow Boca to hone his skills further, and it's a good thing to have another space open for another up and coming American product in MLS.

3. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boca is going to love the Nationwide 1st Division

4. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    Isn't Carlos going to have the same problem Convey did with a work permit?

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'd do better going to Feyenoord. I hope they have to money to sign him, as I would hate him going to dreaded Leeds.

6. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he won't have the same problem because Carlos is a better player than Convey is ......... point blank. And this is coming from a diehard DC supporter!

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    aww come on los, pick a better destination than leeds!! (which btw is not feyemoord)

ronald koeman -> [​IMG]

8. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow you must not follow leeds united and the premiership closely

9. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Leeds just took a beating from mighty Wolverhampton 4-0, and just lost at home to Birmingham. What, 5 points out of 18 so far, they look to be a relegation candidate early on.

Supposedly Leeds still have a mountain of debt too, not the brighest of places for Boca but at least he should see plenty of PT and action on defense.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I know they are just a couple of points out of the relegation zone, they have no money, they have Peter Reid managing them and they have sold all their talented players except for Smith and Viduka, who will most assuredly be sold in January.

11. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Leeds lost to Leicester 4-0 not Wolverhampton. Not like it's a big deal or anything. Leeds still has a talented team a should be playing better even though they have sold many of their top players to help their poor financial situation.

12. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    This SHOULD be a PBS series

sigh....
    Tune in to next week's edition of
    WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARLOS BOCANEGRA RUMORED TO BE GOING TO THIS WEEK
    when we hop over to Spain to visit Ante Razov's old club, Racing de Ferrol. Then it's over to La Liga Primera club Celta de Vigo.
    Until then, boys and girls, keep those wall maps and pins ready.

[MUSIC UNDER: Susana Seivane, playing Galician bagpipes....]

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    If he is out of contract, why would Leeds have to discuss anything with MLS or even pay a nickel?

14. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Shhhhhh.

15. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Convey problem was that they didn't see him starting for Spurs, which makes sense. But I can see Boca getting a shot at Leeds. He's better than Roque Junior at least...

16. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHAT!?!?! Roque Junior who won the Champions League with AC Milan while starting and also playing for Brazil is not as good as Carlos Bocanegra from the Chicago Fire?? Wrong.

17. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leeds won't get relegated this year. They have a lot of talent and it will eventually come together. A lot of guys like Roque Junior just came in on loans and haven't really settled in yet.

18. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    While starting for Milan? When? Quick research shows he played 4 matches for then last year (that's probably league matches). He was subbed in late in the final and got injured--to his credit he kept trying, and that's the best I've seen him play. Okay, so he can't be that bad, but I've never seen him play particularly well. I'm not at all surprised by his less-than-spectacular start at Leeds. Boca is not ready for Leeds, but I think he could make a lot more dependable back than our man Roque. Just my opinion.

I don't think Leeds will go down, either, as soon as they get it together. And I hope Roque has a great season and proves me stupid. ;)

19. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Um, isn't Leeds the team with those players that allegedly chased down and beat an Asian man?

I like Carlos, I hope he goes elsewhere.

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Isn't your team the one with that player that allegedly ran down and stomped the head in of a Polish man?

Get bent.

21. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Oh, yeah, like the two are comparable, especially in a gang-style attack. The Asian guy nearly died.

And he was a civilian.

Go bend yourself.

Then again, you probably are.

22. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Yeah Liam you probably are bend.

23. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh! I'm bending!

talking smack to someone who lives halfway across the country over an internet message board rules! Congratulations, you are all very cool.

ps- who hasn't gang attacked an Asian guy?

24. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I mean, really!