Newcastle's going down!

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by YankBastard, May 24, 2009.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Down you go! Say hi to West Brom for us!!!

2. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    On the Newcastle board they're wondering how American fans can keep following the Magpies in the Championship. It seems like watching an occasional car wreck would provide the same fix.

3. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I follow Wolves in the Championship, which they spend most of their time. If I can do it, then so can they. Which is why I'm not that sympathetic towards Newcastle supporters.

Especially since they're probably going back up next season and use this as the turn-around that they need to become a European-class club again.

So I enjoy the bigger clubs going down. Makes the Premier League worth watching. Although I would love one of the big four going down instead, it wasn't this entertaining since Leeds went down.

4. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, the Premier League should have had five teams relegated this season. Hull and Sunderland weren't all that much better than West Brom, Newcastle, and Middlesbrough. It should be interesting to see if anyone can break the Big 4's stranglehold on the top spots next year. When ManU can play second and third stringers and still snag a victory on the road, it tells me that the Prem is going to be bottom-heavy for many years to come. However, it's not much different from Italy and Spain. Congrats to Hull for hanging on. Good luck to the Magpies in their quest to come back up this time next year.

5. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I think the Toon Army is STILL in denial. This is a profoundly broken organization. Leeds is still in League One, and the Magpies are going to be hard pressed not to join them next season. They have the same chance of re-surfacing next year that the Titanic has.

6. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Bit harsh, but who knows.

7. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, your Bitches and B'Ham Shitty will be seeing them again real soon when you go back down.

8. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Fat chance. The whole organization is broken. The club is deeply in debt, and everyone from the board to the fans have delusions of grandeur. It'll take a miracle for them to bounce right back, and quite rightly so. I'd much rather see other clubs get a chance in the Premier League.

9. zoobawa

zoobawa Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible. Newcastle join leeds in League 1?

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    hey City_Dave hows the magpies?

11. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One correct prediction...

... and two wrong ones.

They were obviously operating on the principle that reckless comments that can't be proven wrong immediately will never be held to account.

12. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I object on the grounds that even the Titanic gurgled. So Newcastle bobbled back up on the way down to the First Division . . . :eek: