Newcastle V Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by Prenn, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    0-0

Yet another clean sheet :D

Charlton did well deputising at right back and defensively we looked solid, even against Newcastle's frightening pace.

Campo had a blinder and even manager to enrage the Newcastle fans with his 'acting'.

Davies is looking better and better (Did I say I was wrong about him yet? No? Well I was!) He was strong and was a constant nuicance.

Bolton V Wolves next week..... :D

2. perctarit

perctarit Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ward 6
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 6 points from 6 matches, but somehow good enough for 12th place. Next up: lowly Wolves and an unparalleled opportunity for three points. The gods are smiling on Bolton!

3. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well let me put it this way:

Last season we finished with 44 points which for the last few years would have been good enough for 14th place but last year it was just 2 points and 1 place above the relegation zone.

The gods are not smiling on Bolton, not with Laville's injury and the way fate likes kicking you in the arse. Wolves will probably win on saturday.

4. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    well Prenn,

With the exception of the smarmy Mackems, you should have WON playing that bunker ball. Newcastle going to see that the rest of the season until it figures out how be patient against the 1-9-1.

5. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Newcastle do seem to be a bit gung ho going forward, who's works as the defensive midfielder in the team?

6. SouthLondonYank

SouthLondonYank New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    South London
    Prenn - Relax
    6 from 6 is not great, but it could easily have been 8 from 6 had we not gotten into our old habits against Rovers

Three clean sheets on the trot - I'm not convinced Charlton can continue to play at center-back, but Sam at least has got the lads defending againx

Our next four fixtures are critical - all against teams we can take points from (possible exception of the match at City) - will we take points is of course another question - however - if we take 8 from our next four, or even 6 from our next four - we'll be alright -

Jardel and Ba can score, Stylios can score, it's just going to take some time - if we are sitting on 14 or 12 points from ten - I think we'll be alright - also remember we have a relatively easy run-in this year - our mid seasons fixture list of course is torture

Critical to take the points this weekend at the Reebok - let's see how the new lads fare tonight against the Saddlers - I still can't believe how strong a side Sam is sending out tonight!

7. perctarit

perctarit Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ward 6
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Jardel finally playing? How does he look? Will he live up to billing?

8. SouthLondonYank

SouthLondonYank New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    South London
    Jardel hasn't featured yet - he's only had a run-out with the Reserves and about 25 minutes against Pompey. I last saw him at Pompey where he was about 2 stone overweight - most accounts now have him at about 1 stone overweight - he probably won't be fit for another month - but he will feature tonight against Walsall -

He can score, but we still need to wait - he's never had a particularly good workrate - so Sam will probably have to partner him with Davies - which then throws the midfield into disorder as Youri will need to move back - who makes room for him in midfield is an open question

9. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just got back from the Walsall game, Jardel played 90 and Ba played 45. I've seen Ba play twice and I've yet to see why we've signed him. Jardel on the other hand is just what we need. He was a constant threat, when he gets match fit and sharp he will score for fun in the Premiership. He's got a good touch and he marshalls the team really well. He well deserved his 2 goals and could have had more if it wasn't some good goalkeeping and the afore mentioned lack of sharpness.

Who knows where we could end up with this lad up front...