Newcastle United Transfer Rumours, Half Truths and Lies V: The Undiscovered Defender

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Toon³, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'm gettin' too old for this shit

[​IMG]

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    ROED SH-OKK

Evidently Blackburn are in for him first.

Thx,

Jay!

3. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maybe we should just field 11 strikers.

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=431602&CPID=23&clid=449&lid=2&title=Villarreal+join+Luque+chase

I wish Roeder would give Luque five league starts to earn his place before the transfer window opens up. I'm afraid he'll turn out to be another Deigo Forlan.
    Really what's the point of buying foreign players if you don't give them a chance to settle into the Prem? It took Crespo, Drogba, RVN, Henry and others a year to adjust to the pace of the Premiership. Luque deserves and needs some time on the pitch.

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Does anyone know if there is a salary list for the players in the EPL? All the American sports teams seem to have their salary information bandied about in the press here. The only links I can find about soccer are "the average player makes X". Not that I care if player X makes $$$$$$ a week, I'd like to see what kind of player an MLS team could "afford" with their salary cap opening up.

Thx,

Jay!

6. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    from teh article:
    "A midfielder is not a priority, but there is one in the Premiership United may bring to Tyneside in January on loan until the end of the season..."

Are
    They
    Fookin
    Kiddin
    Me

7. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Well at least Roeder admitted that Milner is "very much in his plans," when talking about an approach for Bent.

Only problem with that is he also said Carr was in his plans.

8. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Kujeaux

Kujeaux New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pipe dream or wet dream.

Article should have been titled "Rossi to swap Newcastle for OtherTeam". No mention of Sunderland from anyone involved. Surely Rossi has learned one thing from playing for us, that S*nderland are sh*te.

10. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figure it doesn't matter, he's not coming back here. So let's flame him, SAF and S*nderland in any means possible. :rolleyes: :D

11. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy Adu would have made more of an impact than Rossi. {Ducks and grabs small child as cover}

12. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaaaah, you said only two words to attract more Yank fanboys other than 'Landon Donovan'! :eek:

13. rancho

rancho New Member

May 18, 2005
    Did Newcastle give Rossi a fair chance? You could have had Maradona on your roster and Roeders would not have played him because he is clueless.He prefers injured players or track stars not good football players.

14. rancho

rancho New Member

May 18, 2005
    Adu could not make an impact with Man.United Academy imagining with a premiership Club ?

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fook off gloryhunter.:rolleyes: I bet your a Yankees fan as well. Seriously I could name 12 players in MLS that would have made more of an impact then Rossi. He should go out on loan for the Mackems they might be able to use him more. If he was quality Manure would have kept him.

16. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prove it. He's 17 they can't sign him anyways. Sir Alex said he impressed what more do you want einstein?

17. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    True dat! SAF commented on the two week training session. I'd say that's an impact. It wasn't like they actually had him in for an official trial.

Besides, we all know Freddy is more American than that (fill in your own derogatory racial comments) Rossi.

Thx,

Jay!

18. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We brought in Rossi to make Newcastle better, NOT to make Rossi better. Obviously Roeder didn't think playing Rossi would make Newcastle better. So it was a busted loan. So what. One player was not going to save our season.

19. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Sky Blues eye non-league pair

We're mentioned as one of the suitors for goalkeeper Ashley Morris.

Portsmouth, Newcastle eyeing Bordeaux defender Cid

Fulham's Knight to resist Newcastle approach

Newcastle boss Roeder ponders Babayaro future
    :eek:
    :eek::eek:

Newcastle boss Roeder shrugs off transfer rumours

Betis to offer £2M for Newcastle's Luque

Thx,

Jay!

20. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, to be fair, Roeder has a point. He has been consistently been our worst player during that stretch...

21. conchobar7

conchobar7 New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Obviously these quotes were made before yesterday. He was the worst player on the pitch. He almost single handedly gifted Reading 3 goals by crappy clearances, and kicking at the clear air.

We need to focus on left back and right back in January, plus a striker. Worry about a center back in the summer.

I think Taylor and Ramage can do well enough at the the back. Taylor needs to stop with the backpasses, but besides that, I think he has played well the last 3 matches.

22. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    :D When I wrote to the editor of True Faith yesterday I included those quotes.

23. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a major way although I would be happy to keep Nobby as first chioce RB until summer. He'll do it for the club.

24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a side not a defender I would've loved to see in the Toon looks close to signing with Real Madrid for 8million euros.

Gooch

Funny enough this will free up Boro to sign Woody to a permanent deal.:mad: