Newcastle United transfer rumours and bollox thread 2

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by sarabella, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Anelka denies Souness claims

I wasn't too thrilled with the prospect of him actually coming, but we do need a scorer and he is a proven leg in the Premiership. Oh, well.

Thx,

Jay!

2. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It's ridiclious that Souness offloads Robert and Bellamy and wants to bring in Anelka. Oh well.

3. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Anelka isn't as desperate as some would think to come to Newcastle, thus the striker problem still remains. I still think FF needs to at least look at Real Madrid and table a legitimate offer before another striker-hunting side with deeper pockets (Chelsea) comes calling. Man U could only take Owen on if they offered RvN in exchange - something I highly doubt he'd agree to - and Liverpool don't have the budget for anything other than a loan, something Real would be loathe to consider, according to what I've read. That leaves NUFC with interest, and Chelsea if they feel like it.

On the center-back front, I've seen multiple websites, though they could be complete rubbish for all I know, stating NUFC interest in both O'Shea and Hyypia. I'd think O'Shea much more likely, but with the Rio situation, one can never assume.

4. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Anelka is a much more valuable player than either Robert or Bellamy.

But, you are right his is a head-case, cancer, sulker, etc., etc.

5. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    The rumor of the day is that NUFC is trying to buy John O'Shea from Man United for £4m.

6. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Another rumor today...NUFC in for Hyypia

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    What is the Rio situation? I've heard mention of something going on there, but no idea what it is.

Thx,

Jay!

8. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Only £2m? Benitez would be a fool to let him go that cheap, but since he isn't Gerrard or Spanish or Portuguese, and he stripped him of the captaincy last year, and he benched him a couple of times...

Thx,

Jay!

9. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contract squabble that might see him sold to Real Madrid, or somewhere else outside the EPL. He wants an extension, Man U are willing to give it at 100k per week, but he apparently refuses to sign for less than 120k. My thought is that they'll hold off on selling O'Shea until that gets resolved.

10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I asked this [post=5534967]question[/post] about salaries yesterday. While you are on, any ideas?

Thx,

Jay!

11. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    My assumption has always been that it is for the entire year, but I do not know this as a fact.

13. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    My standard response before the Anelka rumor would've been "No, he's a head-case, ego tripping, sulker-- not Souness's type" Now I don't know what to say.

I guess the only excuse I have left is that it's money better spent elsewhere. Pretty lame, huh?

14. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he a headcase? I hadn't heard that about him?

15. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Salarys are paid yearly although i feel they should get half pay during the summer.

www.nufc-finances.org.uk

this is a very interesting site and a must for any shephard haters out there.

It actually shows that he has puts NONE of his own money into the club, he just buys up shares and it takes 9000 YES THAT IS NINE THOUSAND season tickets to pay for his and dougie halls dividends never mind there outrageous saleries

SHEPHARD AND HALL OUT NOW!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

16. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    No, that was just bollox. I have heard of him being criticized as lazy. And I don't think he's got a lot of speed, which would be nice to have in a right wing.

17. Alex_7

Alex_7 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    England
    i wish we could, have souness private number, so let him no there are other strikers 4 example NIHAT

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    You should know that it's shephard who signs players at newcastle with the assistance of souness

SHEPHARD OUT!!!

19. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I likewise am with the understanding that it's all-year, not like the NFL where it's game-week checks that comprise the player's salary.

20. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a Dutch winger which means he's attack minded
    with good technical skills and he must have some pace or he wouldn't have made to the level that he's at currently at .

21. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Normally, this would be the point where I would point out that if he was as good as some claim he'd certainly be getting more minutes in Inter Milan's midfield....but given the fact that I ardently want to believe that Emre is the best player since Maradona, I'll just side step the issue.

Sorry, I can't really explain my lack of enthusiasm for him, because I really haven't seen a whole lot of him. I think I've seen him in one game for Inter Milan. I went back and watched a couple of games that featured Emre, once the club expressed an interest in him and I watched a Palermo Inter match during the season. Other than that, I don't watch Inter -- they were better last year, but they've been the death of football and I've avoided watching them if I can. I probably saw Van der Meyde at Ajax. I don't remember him. I might of saw him with the Dutch Nats, but he didn't stick out for me.

My opinion of him has been formed by hearsay, nothing much else-- so maybe he would be a good signing. I've read that he lacks pace and that he is lazy. I've read that Ajax fans were relieved to sell him and that he's just not that good. On the other hand, I have also read that he's better suited to the English game, and that he is steal at the current price.

In short, mea culpa. I was talking ******** (again). You could be right. I don't know.

All that said, I just can't see it happening. Souness has stated that he need five more players (CB, LM, ST, 2 squad players) and Shepherd has stated that he'll buy three new players (CB, LM, ST). Neither has indicated that NUFC is in the market for a right wing.

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I liked vanderMeyde when he was at Ajax, but then again I thought Kezman was going to light up the Premiership. So what do I know?

Thx,

Jay!

23. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fenerbahce issue Anelka warning

Either he'll be sold within a week, or the striking options just diminished that much more.

And Kuijt was just named captain at Feyenoord. Doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere either.

24. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps FF actually thinks he can get him on the cheap because he's A) 31, and b) cup-tied?

25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    He is cup-tied, but there is this little gem in the UCL rules...

"Rule 15.12/13 A team may register 3 new players from the start of the first knock-out round. One player of those three may be exceptionally registered if his new club is taking part in a different UEFA competition than his former club."

So players can go from UEFA Cup to Champions League this year in limited numbers. And visa versa.

Someone correct me if I'm reading the rules wrong.

Thx,

Jay!