Newcastle United transfer rumours and bollox thread 2

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by sarabella, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    I thought I was the only one who has not been fooled by the bling boy. I have spent countless words arguing with those who thought that getting Bellers out of the club was good (which I, for the most part agree with) but not Kieron Dyer: They both refused to play in a certain position. Bellers took it a step further by his antics, but Dyer is no less guilty in my eyes.

I wish I could get a pay rise of that size for performances like his. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just want to add that I think Dyer has been an underachieving waster since joining the club. He's done little of the creating that he was supposed to do and has been just plain crap in front of goal.

2. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    First: I don't think that the 80k figure is official. It's just a rumor. Isn't it?

Second: For a brief period last year we saw Dyer perform up to expectations. He did very well for NUFC; the biggest disaster of the Bowyer spat, was the team lost Dyer at a crucial point in the season. The club needs his pace on the right.

Third: I do not think that the club has the money to buy a suitable replacement right now.

But on the whole, I agree with both of you. When the opportunity comes to buy a genuine right-wing/right-sided midfielder of quality, NUFC should sell Dyer for whatever they can get for him.

That said, I don't think they'll be many buyers. Most clubs cannot meet his salary demands, and those that can already have better players in place and won't be bothered. (Bellamy all over again)

3. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

sory but i dont get what is your point. :D

4. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    I could care less that it's a rumor or not...Kieron's not worth the wages we're paying him now anyways.

Brief period is correct...he's never been close to a consistent performer for the club at all.

And let me just say this: Dire's not a right winger, never has been, never will be. Souness has stated he's going to push him up front anyways...so, clearly somebody else will be patrolling the right flank.

We had a player who played on the right. Regardless of what many thought of Ambrose, he never got a fair crack at the position and actually put in very good displays at the end of last season when we had many injuries.

I wouldn't mind seeing Milner, Brittain, or N'Zogbia get a chance to see what they can do on the right.

5. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop the presses Emre in Toon for medical
    [​IMG]
    :cool:

6. Alex_7

Alex_7 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    England
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    --CREAMS----CREAMS----CREAMS-- oooooo i'm so excited

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Fat Fred lets make a move!

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    :D

10. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

JESUS CHRIST PLEASE NOOOOOOO!

11. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really :confused:
    I rate him higher then Shola ,Chops and Dyer up top. He's got pace and a nose for goal.

OK try this then from The Sun
    If he can lead La Liga in scoring then I think he could help us in the Prem. Fvck what happend at manure he should get another look.

12. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    He's a cockney kevin phillips

Remember 11 of his goals last season were pens.. he's a one season wonder

i wouldn't pay 5p for him

13. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8-99 Birmingham City 3 Games (-)
    99-00 Birmingham City 1 Goals, 22 Games (-)
    00-01 Birmingham City 4 Goals, 34 Games (-)
    01-02 Birmingham City 3 Goals, 23 Games (-)
    02-03 Crystal Palace 11 Goals, 28 Games (-)
    03-04 Crystal Palace 28 Goals, 45 Games (-)
    04-05 Crystal Palace 21 Goals, 37 Games

He has shown improvement every year. (note the goals versus games played)
    He also won a fair bit of those penaltys he scored. I think he could be a good replacement for Bellars.

[​IMG]

14. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    All but one of those seasons were in Div 1. My blind disabled can score goals in the 1st divison

I guarrentee that if he moves back to the prem that he will not score as many goals...I will bet you my 91 NUFC vs ujpest doza friendly programme signed by both complete sides that he wont

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thats where Jenas,Bramble,Dyer,Ambrose, and Bellamy came from so should we not buy players in the first divison and rely on Chopra a player loaned out to a second divison side last year.

I agree if he moves to a bigger club he won't be the main focus of the attack. However if he should move to a smaller Prem club I think he would score the same our more if he is the central focus.

The boy's got skills, speed, and he plays with a lot passion.

16. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Jenas is world class, Bramble ambrose and bellemy all took time to adjust.

Bellemy never actually scored that many goals

But over half of his goals were penalties..

Skill not that much and passion? he said Palace was his life and now he wants to leave

as for speed...as my dad always says " Linford Christie is fast but he's a shít footballer"

Just don't sign him please

17. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    And the 10 goals he scored were more than anyone on Newcastle got in the EPL so what's your point? He's better than any forward we have targeted right now (since that is nobody) and he's a far sight better than Dyer.

Thx,

Jay!

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Do you remember Kevin Philips the season after he scored all those goals? He was total shít that season...he's not that good...Why can't anyone else see it?!?

19. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Face it, with him or without him, this team is cooked. If we had arranged all this a month ago, maybe we'd have some better signings by now. I guess the best we can hope for are some good signings that pay a higher transfer fee out next year when NUFC goes the way of Leeds and Southampton.

Thx,

Jay!

20. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I have no confidence that we will sign a new striker but i don't think that we will get relegated...the difference between us and leeds and soton is that we have more money...that is the only thing that we don't have any worries about

21. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Cooked? What the ******** are you talking about?

We just brought on Parker, Emre, and Viana. Our midfield is a hell of a lot better than what we had last year.

We need to get a striker. Calm down. How many strikers (that we would want and could get) have disappeared from the market? Forrsell? Pandiani? Who exactly have we missed out on? Do you think we should've broke the bank to swoop in for Yakubu? Are you worried about Crouch signing for Liverpool? What?

Kuyt. Still available. AJ. Still Available. Nihat. Incredibly, still available. Owen. Still available. Saviola. Still available. Govou, Boa Morte, Robert Earnshaw, Benni McCarthy all still available.

We tried for and missed Alan Smith. And Saha is indifferent to a return Tyneside... (fine, didn't really want him anyway). I'm just happy we haven't signed on any donkeys. I'd feel a lot worse right now if we'd already added Viduka to the books.

22. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_Bosphorus_bull
    "He is a ferocious competitor and a player who really excites the fans.

"They are fanatical about their football in Turkey and Emre is a national hero. He is the David Beckham.

"Such is his standing in Turkey that even the Prime Minister has urged him to return to one of the big clubs over there.

"But he wants to play in England and we want to bring him here."

Thanks for photo :D ;)

23. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I agree with picaraza.

as picaraza say it ''just calm down''. ;)
    we need striker and we will get striker!
    NUFC rulezz!. :cool:

24. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    picaraza,

Kuyt. Still available. AJ. Still Available. Nihat. Incredibly, still available. Owen. Still available. Saviola. Still available. Govou, Boa Morte, Robert Earnshaw, Benni McCarthy all still available.

Boa Morte or Nihat would be cool :cool:

25. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    I think we will get Boa Morte and either Owen or Figo, now that Woodgate is training again we will be after Madid for cash.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5490379&postcount=20