Newcastle United transfer rumours and bollox thread 2

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by sarabella, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I've lost count of the number of times i've said that under no circumstances should we sell Jenas for no amount of money (within reason) and not in a swap for a striker

p.s BOA MORTE IS SHITE!

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He had a less than stellar time at ManU. Perhaps because of all the pressure? I read an article where he says he wants to return to ManU eventually.

3. ISiddiqui

ISiddiqui Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Interesting with all the CM's on the squad. I think Souness is seriously thinking of abandoning a 4-4-2 and going to a 4-3-3 or the newly popular 4-5-1. The 4-3-3, you posted, Picaraza, seems very nice indeed, but I wonder if Souness is playing follow the leader and going to the new popular formation, the 4-5-1. Of course we still have to find a left winger... and striker.

But that'd get all the new MF's to play.

4. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    The Guardian with a piece of saturday gossip: Newcastle eye Boa Morte after selling off Ambrose

Funny thing is that they are now saying that he has a buyout clause in his contract is set at £5m. I thought it was set at £3.5m. Also, the BBC Gossip (from the Mirror, I think) says that Boro are also interested in Boa Morte. They've got Steward Downing for pete's sake...what do they want with Boa Morte?

Also, the Sun (?) is reporting that it was Tottenham who made the other bid for Sevilla's Julio Baptista.

The Sun is also reporting rumor about NUFC's supposed interest in Forlan.

5. Alex_7

Alex_7 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    England
    we've bein linked with loaaaads of players and signed one!. if we get emre i really hope that opens the gates for more deals to be finalised. well it better else we are in trouble

6. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com...ess+aims+swipe+at+Bellamy&channel=premiership

The first part of that article is mainly Souness trashing the Welsh twat. However, the second part of the article, the part about Dyer, is fairly interesting. Souness is going to use Dyer primarily as a striker this season. I know we've seen him as a striker in the past, but he's been often used as a midfielder. Souness also said that Dyer is a definite starter. So I guess the starting strikers will be Shearer and Dyer, unless Souness changes his mind and brings in someone else.

7. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It might work but this sounds like them trying to worms there way out of failing to sign a new striker

8. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I'll take that bet. What's the most Dyer ever scored? And to be honest, I don't think he scored when playing "striker" the last two years.

Here's hoping big Al is healthy, or does a flip-flop and gets out now before this travesty of a season kicks off. Last year didn't do his legacy any justice and it's hard to see how this one will. Maybe he scores 20, returns to the National Team for the WC and leads England to the Cup. Who knows?

Thx,

Jay!

9. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    I think that we'll see one new striker and not two. Boa Morte will be the "other striker".

Souness is preparing the fans for the fact that NUFC will be playing a lot of 451 and 433 next season. The 451 will nominally be a 442 with Dyer up top. 433 will see Dyer and Boa Morte (?), two midfielders, up top. With Parker, Viana, Emre, and Jenas in central midfield we'll see some really attractive football.

I think that Souness is doing pretty well building a versatile club and talented team on a limited budget, that will have more attacking options.

10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Pictures from training

I love the one where they are trying to bury Nicky Butt in the sand to leave him there. Next time bring some shovels, lads!

Grame, it's Emre's agent on the line...he saying "we'll sign on Monday, promise."

Thx,

Jay!

11. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I think we will gonna see very attractive football ;)

I prefer in home game: 433.442.
    away game i prefer:451 or 442.

12. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Countdown start :cool:

Come on Maestro [​IMG]

13. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    We haven't been playing 451 at all, home or away. Maybe we'll see it at Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, maybe Liverpool.

14. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Actualy,
    The Formation that i told: ''451''. just for -> away game ''Arsenal.ManU.Chelsea,liverpool''..

15. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Looks like Figo is going to 'pool....he said its his dream...that man has alot of dreams...sporting..barca...real...'pool...who next? I know some arabian club he's never heard of

16. Alex_7

Alex_7 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    England
    Dyer can be extreamly effective with his pace and would be first team for certain, but the thing is he has never like distinguised himself in the england ranks, because evey time he gets a good run of games his hamstring blows up on him, so i would worry how many matches he lasts.

17. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    This just in on NUFC.com...looks to pave the way for Harper to leave the club

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'm sorry Alex it might just be me but i couldn't understand this post....could you clarify or slap me if i've been a fool :D

19. Alex_7

Alex_7 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    England
    ok sorry, i think dyer is a very good player and has allways been a favorite of mine , but i believe he could be so much better if he didnt have so many hamstring pulls.
    It seems to happen all the time, and everytime he is playing well and looking really quick, i get scared because i know if he pushes his hamstring to much he could just pull up any second and he'd would be out for 3 weeks + . Also, his injury problems have affected his chances in the england team i believe because he has never been able to establish himself due to injury.

20. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Cheers mate...i don't think dyer will ever get into the first team when there are so many midfielders clearly better than him....some players are just prone to injury just look at Micky Bridges..

I dont however see him in anyway a replacement for buying 3 new strikers

21. Alex_7

Alex_7 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    England
  22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It's like 4pm in England and still no Emre signing...

Way to go team!

Thx,

Jay!

23. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I just can't see why he deserves a pay rise i just really can't...he now earns as much in ONE WEEK as i do in an entire year... i have 2 weeks holiday and work my backside of 6 days a week i just don't know if i can support a club that has such a retards for chairman and board members. I pay the club £895 of MY MONEY before i even know who we have signed or what the current season will offer...this is before european games, cup games, away games...these people have no regard for the common fan i mean how must the fans who don't get paid as much as me and have a family to support feel when a player who REFUSED TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB, something that everyone seems to have forgotton, get a pay rise of £20,000, he scored FOUR TIMES last season and he is suppost to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the country :rolleyes: the club seems to be obsessed with retaining dyer as a player...they don't seem to realise that if any club that dyer would move to made an offer dyer would kick up such a fuss that he would leave the club eventually...this club is going to hell in a handbasket and i'm not sure that we can do anything about it...

24. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Newcastle United are confident they will win the chase for Internazionale midfielder Emre Belozoglu.

The Magpies have been tracking the Turkey international for much of the summer and submitted a bid to Inter on Thursday.

Inter are still to accept the offer, as Emre is also attracting interest from his homeland, with both Fenerbahce and Galatasaray keen on the 24-year-old.

Emre has previously claimed he has agreed personal terms with Newcastle and is eager to move to The Premiership, rather than heading back to Turkey.

He is expected to complete his switch to St James' Park within the next week and Newcastle are bullish about their prospects of landing the winger.

But Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd has revealed there has been a top-level intervention from Turkey to try to persuade Emre to return to his home nation.

"After weeks of negotiating we are now close to a deal and with Emre coming back off a short holiday we aim to finalise it in the next few days," Shepherd told the Sunday Mirror.

"He is a ferocious competitor and a player who really excites the fans.

"They are fanatical about their football in Turkey and Emre is a national hero. He is the David Beckham.

"Such is his standing in Turkey that even the Prime Minister has urged him to return to one of the big clubs over there.

"But he wants to play in England and we want to bring him here."

according to skysports news, http://skysports.planetfootball.com...Magpies+bullish+over+Emre&channel=premiership

25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Yaaaawn. Wake me when some real news happens, like the team transferring out 3 more players this week.

Thx,

Jay!