Newcastle United The Striker Situation

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dirt McGirt, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    I didn't realise, as Jaypro has suggested, that as a season ticket holder you're required to have an idea of who the club should be bringing in.

I'd rather be short of ideas than suggest a bunch of ********** players for us to waste our money on and obviously Toon feels the same.

2. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    He said that he was American, not North American.

3. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a season ticket holder in Newcastle Toon Toon is at ground zero, I just wondered if he had any ideas, because if you care enough about the club to lay out for season tickets then you maybe have an opinion on who the club should bring in.

I just made some suggettions to be discussed. Make some yourself and we can discuss it.

5. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I define successful as playing first-team football in the Prem
    I'd take McBride or Radzinsky as are third our fourth option.They both were better then Kluivert.

6. ToonRudie

ToonRudie Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Not for nothing, but in none of the posts is the Pr!ck referred to as being American.

7. ISiddiqui

ISiddiqui Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    McBride!! Fulham isn't letting him go, but a very good 2nd striker.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Kuyt, Forlan and Borgetti making up our top 3 strikers. Only problem is that I don't think Forlan is going anyway. His price will be very high after leading Spain in scoring.

8. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Um. no.

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree on Forlan but if you do a google news search his name keeps coming up with Newcastle. I guess the papers are bored :D.

As far as North American strikers I must admit that not many have had success in the Prem, but I do think Borgetti's game is perfect for the Prem and I think he has been linked to Spurs and or Bolton. I guess the only way to find out is bring him over and let him play.

10. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'd only loan him for a season before thinking of buying him

11. Shearer9

Shearer9 Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    If someone is to partner Shearer, it'll have to be someone with pace. Bellamy was perfect. He took half the work out of Shearer's job, and he really needed that 2 years ago when he was 2nd in scoring. Now he's that much older and Johnson is also a very fast player. They'd compliment each other well. One of the biggest complaints about Johnson was that he scored so many penalties, but he's also able to get them. I'd love to see a pacy Johnson working alongside Shearer and all kinds of flicks and headers to run onto for scoring chances.

Quite frankly, at this point, I'd guess we'll go for a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-2-1 because we have Bowyer, Dyer, Faye, Jenas, Emre, Parker, Butt, Zoggy, and Milner to use and we're short on strikers. I'd hope at this point if Souness is gonna start Shearer in the Intertoto that he'll try and get a lot of support from the wings rather than from Chopra.

And in regards to Earnshaw, he's the only player to score a hat-trick in the Premiership, Divisions 1, 2 & 3, the League Cup, the FA Cup, and internationally. geeeeeeeeeeet in there ;)

12. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Being fast does not make you a good player..i cant be arséd to talk about johnson again i have made my feelings for the player perfectly clear

13. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    Shepherd said he might be playing 4-3-3 this season in an interview available on line, hang on I'll go find it.....

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/...=face-to-face--freddy-shepherd-name_page.html

There ya go!!

So that would mean Dyer and Boa Morte as wing forwards, Shearer in between. With Emre, Parker and Faye/Jenas in midfield. Babayaro, Boumsong, Taylor and Carr at the back.

hmmmmm, I'll reserve judgement until we beat Arsenal on day 1.

14. lingy

lingy New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    newcastle
    borgetti is 31 (I think) and why dont we start searching places like asia incase they have anybody half decent and if we signed somebody from over there we would probably get a couple of more fans over in asia

just a thought

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just on the Mexico boards and they said he was 32. Its a shame that he didn't get to Europe earlier he's an exceptional player.

16. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said.

17. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Make a bid now:
    Nihat ready for move

1) Sign Nihat now.
    2) Play 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 when necessary
    3) Sign Dean Ashton in January

Problem solved.

18. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen Nihat play. Whats his game like?

Can't say I agree with Dean Ashton.

19. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Well, no one has seen Nihat for a while-- messed up his left knee and was out injured much of last season. Still had 13 goals for Real Sociedad.

I got to watch him quite a bit a couple of seasons ago when he scored 20+ goals and led Real Sociedad into the Champions League. He is very quick, but the best thing about him is that he is an absolutely lethal finisher. He puts the ball on target.

I think that he would work really well with our revamped creative midfield. If he can get some space, look out.

Problem is that he's not that tall. Wouldn't work out if we expect him to be heading in winners from the box.

Also, I think that he's played in the midfield as a winger?

20. ISiddiqui

ISiddiqui Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    They'll link us with anyone just to make a story ;). I don't think we'll break the bank for Forlan. After all, he's quite valuable in Spain at least.

Borgetti I think is good as a number 3 striker. I don't think others on this thread get that we wouldn't be bringing him in as our 1 or 2. As a late game sub or once in a while starter, he could definetly bring a good presence with his head game.

Nihat may be a good choice as well if we can't get Boa Morte, and then play a 4-3-3. So it may look like:

Carr-Boumsong-Bramble-Babyaro
    ........Viana/Faye - Emre
    ................Parker
    ....Dyer...................Nihat
    .............Kujt/Shearer

21. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    or with Boa Morte, Shearer, Kuyt, or Ameobi in a 442:

Car--Boum--Bramble--Baba
    Dyer--Parker--Viana--Emre
    -----Nihat---Striker-------

Boa Morte could play up top; but he'd be best used as on the left; we could then avoid sticking Viana, or Emre out there.

And, again, I think that Nihat could play on the right in place of Dyer.

22. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    It would be awsome, if Nihat come to NUFC.
    he is the guy,that can fit 433 or 451-442 ;)

truly big sign if he come.

Nihat Kahveci.

23. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Originally Posted by Jaypro
    I haven't seen Nihat play. Whats his game like?

Can't say I agree with Dean Ashton.

Well,
    Nihat is the player like a horse :) i mean he is realy realy speedy player with ball.
    and he is very very good on: shoot on target.
    and he is classy freekick shooter.

He is young, passionate player that can take the club to forward i gues. ;)

as picaraza say,he is lethal finisher.

i wish he come.

Edit:
    picaraza, you the good scout :D welldone.

#
    Nihat can play as a winger in the midfield..
    But if i have Nihat,
    i will always use him, as a striker, 433/451/442..

24. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Well, I really liked what I've seen of him Real Sociedad, but one of the reasons I bring him up is that there are a few fans on the newcastle-online boards who are also big fans, so he's in the front of my mind.

Anyway, I've certainly seen more of him than Kuyt. I'd like to hear the club linked to some more forwards. I keep wondering if Souness is hung up on Michael Owen.

I am concerned about Nihat's injury though. I do not know what it was that spoile d his move to CSKA Moscow. Did he fail the medical? Also, one of his biggest assets is his speed. I am unsure of the severity of his injury.

25. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Speed and deadly right foot....watch the video. ;) http://rapidshare.de/files/2302332/Nihat.wmv.html

Btw he passed the medical, but Cska pulled out of the deal because he will not be back to his best before september and the russian league ends in early november.