New Youth Academy

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by John_Harkes_6, Jan 8, 2006.

1. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    So as I understand it - for each week we fund our youth academy we get "points" and essentially we make a player to our liking - correct? So the days of pulling a terrific player out of nowhere are gone? Essentially you can just wait an entire season and make a super being.

2. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Not exactly, as I understand it.

There's no point waiting a season to pull a player because theres a maximum number of points you can assign a player (which increases the older the player)

Also theres still a chance the player you pull will be so awful that even the maximum intesive training sessions wont make them any good.

3. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Do you get to see his stats before you pull him or do you add the points and then pull the guy?

So its more like the old system where the guy you pull can be really good and then you can make him better?

4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    anyone know when we can get some ITS and use them????

i'd like to pull a player this week, add some depth, if he's any good, give him a run in the cup or sell him because my funds took a hit when i bought Rose.

5. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm. don't completely understand it, but am looking forward to playing with it.

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i think you get ITS next week, after you determine how much you're investing in IT Sessions. At that point you can build them up I guess.

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After the next econ update (Saturday IIRC) you can start collecting ITS.

8. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much is everyone investing in ITS to begin with? I'm starting with 14K/week.

9. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I went $20k - but changing my thought process after learning you can't see the guys natural skills before pulling him. I may just forego the Youth Academy completely.