New York Red Bulls: Road To The Cup

Discussion in 'Games' started by RedBullFan17, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RedBullFan17

RedBullFan17 Member

May 6, 2008
    NY
    What is this? - I will be playing Fifa 09 (Xbox 360) and starting a manager mode with the New York Redbulls. I will write match preview, reports, news, and all types of other stuff. Basically, this is like a story of my manager mode with the RedBulls.

[​IMG]
    +Team Information
    Full Name: Red Bull New York
    Nicknames: Red Bulls, Metro, RBNY
    Founded: 1995 (As NY/NJ Metrostars)
    League: Major League Soccer
    Coach: Juan Carlos Osorio

+Stadium Information
    Name: Giants Stadium
    Capacity: 80,242
    Playing Surface: FieldTurf
    Tennents: Red Bulls, NY Giants/Jets

+2008/2009 Kits
    [​IMG][​IMG]

+Records- Official Appearances
    1. Mike Petke - 136
    2. Jeff Parke- 132
    3. Mike Magee - 130
    4. Tony Meola - 125
    5. Steve Jolley - 120
    6. John Wolyniec - 118
    7. Tab Ramos - 112
    8. Amando Guevara - 103
    9. Chris Leitch - 101
    10. Carlos Mendes- 98

+Records- All-Time Goal Scorers
    1. Giovanni Savarese - 41
    2. Clint Mathis- 39
    3. Juan Pablo Angel - 33
    4. Amado Guevara - 32
    5. John Wolyniec - 24
    6. Mike Magee - 23
    7. Adolfo Valencia - 21
    Rodrigo Faria - 20
    9. Eduardo Hurtado - 17
    10. Eddie Gaven- 16

+2008/2009 Roster (Updated Often)

-GOALKEEPERS-

1. Danny Cepero
    18. Jon Conway
    24. Terry Boss

-DEFENDERS-

2. Kevin Golthwaite
    3. Carlos Johnson
    4. Carlos Mendes
    12. Mike Petke
    16. Alfredo Pacheco
    17. Jeremy Hall
    22. Nick Zimmerman
    27. Andrew Boyens

-MIDFIELDERS-

5. Albert Celades
    6. Seth Stammler
    7. Khano Smith
    8. Sinisa Ubiparipovic
    11. Danleigh Borman
    13. Jorge Rojas
    14. Matthew Mbuta
    19. Dane Richards
    23. Juan Pietravallo
    32. Luke Sassano

-FOWARDS-

9.Juan Pablo Angel
    10. Macoumba Kanji
    15. John Wolyniec
    25. Domonic Oduro

2. RedBullFan17

RedBullFan17 Member

May 6, 2008
    NY
    Interview...
    with Juan Carlos Osorio
    [​IMG]

Expectations have risen for Osorio and his team, after a supring run in the MLS Cup last season. The New York Red Bulls were left heartbroken in Los Angeles last year, losing to Columbus in the championship game. We met with New York coach Juan Carlos Osorio and talked about his aims for next season and how his club can bounce back after getting so close last season.

Osorio, first of all can the Redbulls repeat their sucess from last year, into this year?
    Of course, there is no reason why we can't. We have a great squad and there is absoulutley no reason why we cant make it back to the MLS Cup and even take it a step further this year and win it all.

How are you approaching the season ahead?
    Me and the coaching staff are just trying to figure out the best possible formations, and a bunch of other things. Were doing our research for the season opener, and you can bet we'll be well prepared for it. And lastly, were looking into signing a few players before the seasons start.

Are you planning on trading/selling any players from your squad?
    Our squad is one which is rather large at the moment. I'll be looking to cut down the size of it so the players can have better chemistry together. It all depends really on how things shake up in the upcoming weeks.

Could you name any names of players you're looking to bring in or ship out?
    I think you know the answer to that one!

Thank you Juan, any final messages to the fans?
    Expect a great season from the team this season, and always believe.

3. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Interesting so far. I use to love doing these but with no more time I have to resort to just reading them and only playing FIFA. Good luck, and I'll be reading. :)

4. Mtroyo

Mtroyo New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Bensalem,PA
    Go Red Bulls! Well I used to be a fan until I watched the Sounders play on the first match day this season. I fell in love with the way they move the ball around the pitch! I have been a New York fan since the beginning of the MLS but this season my team will be the Sounders until next season when Philadelphia finally gets a team!

Anyways...I will be following, good luck!

5. Mtroyo

Mtroyo New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Bensalem,PA
    So in 18 hours it will be one week since this thread was started...has this turned out to be a dud?

6. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Looks to be that way.

7. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Let's hope not. I was actually looking forward to something as creative as this.

8. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    You should have seen my old USA one but that was on another forum. I rampaged through qualifying (in Winning Eleven) and got to the semifinals of the World Cup where I fell to Argentina. :( I remember stunning Portugal (ala 2002) in the first game of my group.:D

But man, when I had that kind of time I posted previews, game reports, post game reports, interviews, etc. I even posted youtube videos of the goals once I go into the World Cup.

Nice FIFA motto by the way.

9. Mtroyo

Mtroyo New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Bensalem,PA
    Ahh! lol this all makes me want to make one of these but I find the FIFA 09 manager mode to be a little too easy, unrealistic, and idk but I just get a weird vibe from it altogether. I think I might go out and trade in my Call of Duty: World at War towards PES 2009 and do this with master league. I know it is a step down considering that I already own FIFA but master league just feels so much better than FIFA.

Anyone else feel that way about FIFA's manager mode vs PES's master league?

Also, I love the fact that I can create my own team in PES... it makes me feel so much more attached personally to the team.

10. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha, thanks. It always gives me some measure of satisfaction to lose by 3 goals, but to completely take out 3 of the opposition in return with injuries. Usually this "tactic" is accompanied by plenty of Red, but sometimes all it takes is an ill-timed tackle at the right angle and letting play continue on...

It's also pretty neat to see that the bearers of my anger usually mess up in the following few weeks and can only manage draws at best.