New York Red Bulls @ KC Wizards 8PM ESPN 2 Thursday April 23 [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Rooney20, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

@[​IMG]

KC Wizards: 2-2-1 7 Pts.
    Form: LLWWT
    Last Game: Chi 2-2

NYRB: 1-2-2 5 Pts
    Form: LTLTW
    Last Game RSL 2-0

Always wanted to do one of these so here we go!

With a short week I figured I get this started earlier than usuall. (Sorry ag). So we are finally in the win colum and on the score board thanks to Mac Kandji. We get Johnson back and lose Hall for this one. We are a different team on the road, so realisticaly I think we tie 1-1.

2. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Thanks for doing this Rooney... As I have said for the last two years...If we don't win on the road we will forever be a mediocre team. KC looked pretty good last night vs Chicago coming back to tie after being down 2-0! So we have to be on guard especially on dead balls which is how they usually score on us.

Here is what I would like the starting line-up to be:

Conway
    JohnsonMendesGoldyPacheco
    RichardsStammyCeladesRojas
    MacoumbaAngel

3. msufiftyseven

msufiftyseven New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that would def be a strong line up i would like to see, but from what i've read JCO saying about rotating the team and away formation i don't think he will play a 442 on the road even though it would give of the best chance at getting 3 pts. and lets face it after the slow start we had if we wanna go anywhere this year we need to win on the road not just hope for draws.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    You see what happen in the game vs RSL immediately after the second goal, Osorio order a defense formation, all except Richards was at midfield, every body was playing on RB territory and I say that was the big mistake that cause the red card against Hall, this he did in home, and playing away, he will play with only one striker, you will see...And because the W play aerial dead balls, he will say that need his tall players in defense and play Boyens instead of Mendez...

5. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we want to try and win:

4-4-2

6. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ;)
    You're so right about some sort of results on the road, ag.

Your lineup works for me. Best thing about it is where you've put Smith: on the bench along with P********o ;)

7. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping for a tie (at least), but I'm predicting a loss against a very hot KC team. I watched their game against Chicago and it was a most thrilling comeback. If they play two halves against our team like they played the second half at Chicago, I don't like our chances, as we've been extra rancid away. I'd like to see this at KC:

........Angel......Kandji......
    Pacheco....Rojas....Richards
    ..............Stammler............
    Borman..Mendes..Goldy..Johnson
    ................Conway..............

Pacheco was excellent on Saturday. I'm thinking he could be one of our better attacking options, so I would stick him at left mid and give Borman the start at left back (where he has done well). I doubt Celades can start yet, but he can be an option off the bench for Stammler. I hate to even contemplate Goldthwaite starting at Center Back, because it will only lead to bad things eventually. Petke must be really stinking it up in training and I have even less faith in Boyens. Conway over Cepero is a no brainer.

8. MetroStone

MetroStone New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice thing about Saturday - Vallo wasn't even on the bench. With Celades, Stammler and Sassano - he never has to see the bench again.

-------------Angel----Mac

Borman---Stammler---Rojas-----Richards

Pacheco-----goldy----Mendes---Johnson

-----------------Conway

Although I have been calling for Mbuta on the right, I'll give Richards another shot after Saturday. Celades on for either Stammler or Rojas after 45 or 60 - I don't think he is ready for a start, due to injury and fitness.

9. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that he went studs up on Angel in practice and JCO gave him a red card thus removing him from contention.;)

I think Celedes will come off the bench against KC and DC, but will hopefully get the start against San Jose.

10. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
  12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Pacheco could be the answer to the LW problem we have, what most I like about him is that he cover a lot of field and always is in his position when he has to defend or they need him there, so he will be a nice complement to Borman because always will have his support...

I hope Celades can play Thursday, KC has been playing pretty good and will need a play maker to complement the Pacheco passes and have much more chances at goal, because if we want to win we will have to made a lot of goals, for sure more than two this time...So

Angel......Kandji
    Pacheco....Celades....Richards
    Stammler
    Borman..Mendes..Goldy..Johnson
    Conway

Will be my choice...

13. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a Noter Dayme edumacation bohy-o

category : I just can't stop gazing at

answer : "My teammate Andrew Boyens' blossoming mullet"

Awe-Some

14. RedBull Football

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    We should lose this one. We'll lose by a goal to a pretty competent KC team.

On the road. Coming off a so so performance Saturday. Best case scenario would be a tie.

15. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Borman and Mtuba Practice With First Team

Borman was in for Khano and Mtuba was in for Richards. While I only think this is for Thursdays game, I hope Borman plays well enough to have JCO think about benching Khano.

16. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he hasn't already at least thought about benching Smith, we have a serious problem at the head coach level.

17. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Now we are seeing very early what could be happening if RBNY gets deep inside the Champions League of CONCACAF. That's why he wanted depth for this club. Four to Five matches in a short period of time coming up. That's why I think Angel was removed early against Real Salt Lake. Got to keep him fresh for these three League Matches and the US Open Cup Qualifier coming next Wednesday on the road in San Jose before heading to the HDC against the Galaxy.

Mbuta will replace Dane in KC and save him for DC on Sunday. Borman who I agree deserves to be in the Starting 11 over Smith, but right now will replace him for this match and Smith could be saved for DC as well. I also think Mike Petke will be used for one of these two matches on the backline.

Your going to see top players in the starting 11 being saved for bigger matches and as Osorio has said, he wants to keep the players fresh. It's a longer season than normal folks.

18. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Excellent, that will give to Smith and Richards a wake up call... Richards with his speed make a greet job, but in the games played this year he been AWOL and something have to be made by the coach to wake him up and Smith, well what I can say about Smith that hasn't been say already....

I thing that live Pacheco in his position LB is the best Osorio can do against KC, to another team right now I will like to see as a LW and Borman as a LB, but KC is playing much better this year and we will have to use all the best in defense we have...

I don't thing Mbuta is ready to replace Richards, but we have to try something new to see if we get results or if Richards wake up...

And I will like to see one more change, Celades for Rojas, this one is another player that need his kick in the ass and see if he can bring another work rate and keep his position during the game, the last game wasn't a excuse for why see him playing in the defender territory, he suppose to be a attacker Mid fielder no a defense one and he play to shallow like always, before many people say was because no body pass the ball, in the last game was plenty of services from Pacheco and few attackers to get his crosses....

19. Oddpac87

Oddpac87 Member

May 28, 2007
    Union Beach, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .................Conway.................
    .Johnson.Mendes.Goldy.Pacheco.
    ..Richards..Celades..Rojas...Hall..
    ............Kandji....Angel.............

I'd love Hall or Borman on the left, but I know we're stuck with Smith. I actually wouldn't mind Rojas on the left either, that way we could get Stammler in the middle.

20. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz I would agree with you, but I dont think JCO is benching them for that reason. He is simply resting them for the match against DC on Sunday.

If Richards were to get benched (for poor play) however it would give the entire team a wake up call. Meaning no body is safe.

21. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hall is out b/c of a red card. But I agree with you, I want to see what Hall can do on the left.

22. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Guys, this is because we have 4 games in 10 days (insane) - and don't even get me started on the travel (KC-Home-San Jose-LA)

It's going to severely test our "depth."

Expect to see Borman and Mbuta start in at least one of those games. Also expect to see Hall, Ubi, Sassano, Cepero, Boyens, and Petke make appearances.

The first team can't possibly play all those matches, so everyone's going to have to step up.

It's a grind, but it's also a huge opportunity for one of them to break into a starting role (come onnnnnn Borman!)

23. msufiftyseven

msufiftyseven New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These next 10 days are going to be a huge test for this team. I hope that the win and first goals of the season saturday night spark the offense. Realistically i'm not so confident however. I wouldn't mind a draw a KC (prob a loss), we must win agaisnt DC at home, We'll probably get eliminated in San Jose and im sure we'll be playing for a draw in LA. 6 points from the next 3 league games would be good. I really hope JCO puts out a good squad in open cup game. Its a trophy, lets go for it.

24. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

25. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC