New York, Neeeew York!

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by NYC_COSMOS, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    So if there a New Jersey, this most mean theres a even shittier place in England called Jersey, am I right?

2. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, no. New Jersey is named after an island off the coast of France; it's a British crown dependency but it's not part of England or the United Kingdom.

3. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we are in a unique situation to help these owners shape the club.
    We've spoken to the owners a few times, and it's pretty clear they could use guidance on a few things, and seem ready to listen to the supporters and are ready to make this club work.
    If you want a say in shaping this club, instead of just worrying about it from the sidelines, join us.

4. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    It's almost apples and oranges, though. Allowing supporters to help shape the club won't help get a stadium built, unless you've got a million supporters willing to pony up $50 each.

Can this team be viable over the long term playing at a venue that already exists (Hofstra, Icahn or Baker Field)? Or is it absolutely necessary that a soccer stadium be built for FCNY?

5. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Icahn, I think yes. But a stadium is guaranteed profit, and they wouldn't make the commitments if they can't profit.

Getting a stadium built isn't the reason why I follow a club, and if I simply wanted a stadium, I would've trekked to Montreal, TFC or Rochester for games.

6. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good thing is red bull games will be more easy to get to next year